Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eruonen said:
mthrnite is actually one of two mods I truly like. I don't dislike any of them, though. I am completely indifferent towards all but mthrnite and the other being shaunj66
mthrnite suspended me for 1 week like 3 months ago.
mad.gif

And told me to read a book to waste time!

Eruonen

Trophies
Website
autotox.in
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jakob95 said:
Eruonen said:
mthrnite is actually one of two mods I truly like. I don't dislike any of them, though. I am completely indifferent towards all but mthrnite and the other being shaunj66
mad.gif

You shouldn't have broken the rules. :l

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Slyakin said:
You wouldn't actually ban God, would you?
sad.gif

I don't believe any of our rules breaks his, so I don't see why he'd want to break ours in the first place.

But if needs must...
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bitch much? Get a life already, its only a forum.

Not one staff member here is doing this job for "teh powah" they do it to help out and that's it.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eruonen said:
Jakob95 said:
Eruonen said:
mad.gif

Lol I asked if someone could send me Kingdom hearts to me for free if they have a fake copy for ps2 lol. Didn't know that was wrong oh well.

Posts merged

Anyways which ROM are we translating here?

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Jakob95 said:
Eruonen said:
Jakob95 said:
Eruonen said:
mad.gif

Lol I asked if someone could send me Kingdom hearts to me for free if they have a fake copy for ps2 lol. Didn't know that was wrong oh well.

Posts merged

Anyways which ROM are we translating here?

So why the complaints?

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
EriitoOokami said:
if i say the site, do i get instant banned? cause im reeeealy tempted to do so
You seem to be aware of the consequences. I would say, you'd probably get a ban for doing it deliberately now. That other guy didn't though, but it could have been an "accident". He just had it removed... and maybe a warn?

I don't know how the process goes. Even so, there's enough mods here to silence you before very many people could get their hands on that website post.

ZackVee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
From Brofaux
By the way, my two cents on the whole mods abusing power thing-

Having been a moderator on multiple sites and a World of Warcraft GM, I can say this:
Power DOES corrupt your ability to make rational, fair decisions. I'm not saying it makes you totally egoistical and idiotic, but it doesn't make you do things that you previously wouldn't do, or you just do things without putting in as much thought as you would before.

Now, again, the amount of change depends on the person, but it affects everyone who gets a higher power in a community involving people/players. Anyone who denies that is either lying or doesn't realize it themselves.

I'm not accusing anyone or saying that all admins/GMs/Mods/Ops are bad, its a fact.

The one thing that I, and most others, would ask of them is this-
When you choose to do something, please give the members a good explanation for why you do it. This keeps things understandable and reduces room for miscommunication and possible spite.

A simple but strong explanation for why you lock something/ban someone with CLEAR strong justifiable reasons is GOOD.

ALSO realize this, and again this is coming from my experience: Understand that you are NOT a God and that you're word IS NOT the law, and you CAN MAKE MISTAKES. If members of the community (and keep in mind that as a MOD/OP, you're ultimate job is to serve the people). If you make an error in locking something or banning someone, you can always go back and unlock/unban that person.
Fluidity is better than rigidness.

Thats all, and I hope you actually read this and take into consideration what I said.
Thank you so much. ~Brofaux

Completely agreed on all of this. I was an admin on a site with 20,000+ members and looking back I had made some really dumb decisions because I just could. I made some genuine members quit because they disagreed with what I did. Mods here maybe you should think about this before continuing. Perhaps a poll or something like that on if people want him back? I don't see why that is out of the question as if the members want something aren't you here to give it to them? Even when Americans want something bad people in the government tend to help out with that sort of thing. Thats just my outlook on things.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
ZackVee said:
Completely agreed on all of this. I was an admin on a site with 20,000+ members and looking back I had made some really dumb decisions because I just could. I made some genuine members quit because they disagreed with what I did. Mods here maybe you should think about this before continuing. Perhaps a poll or something like that on if people want him back? I don't see why that is out of the question as if the members want something aren't you here to give it to them? Even when Americans want something bad people in the government tend to help out with that sort of thing. Thats just my outlook on things.

So using that logic, if I want some ice cream Shaunj66 has to go out and buy me ice cream, then drive all the way over to where I live to give it to me?

Hidoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hidoshi said:
Ok quotes from the forum rules:

After being suspended or banned anyone caught sneaking back onto the forum under an alias or "suspension/ban evading" will be banned.

Under normal circumstances the member will be issued a single warning and an explanation.
Under heavier circumstances the member will be issued one or more warnings and may be suspended.
Under extreme circumstances, being an extreme violation of rules or disruption, the member will be banned from GBAtemp.

Don't make secondary accounts, duplicate accounts will be banned.

And to all of you "steamblowers"

Do not "flame", "bash", "troll" or harass others. Blatantly offensive comments or actions directed at others will not be tolerated. While we do allow members to debate and voice their own opinions, there will be a limit to how far a heated debate can go before it is closed by staff. If you harass someone you will be disciplined. Period.

Hope this was clear? He broke enough rules, so they've done their job well.

Quoting myself is cool.
That being said, most of the people in this thread should be happy they don't get warned or banned, since you're also breaking the rules.

EriitoOokami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont even know why iv got a 10% warn, i got it before this whole thing even started and i didnt do anything wrong....

grape_garden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh look, a staffer creating an irrelevant drama thread. And you wonder why people place such little faith in your administration?

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Law said:
ZackVee said:

So using that logic, if I want some ice cream Shaunj66 has to go out and buy me ice cream, then drive all the way over to where I live to give it to me?
Well, if everyone wants you to get an ice cream, than he should definitly get it for you.
lecture.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why are people getting so worked up about this

Just because we are on the internet doesn't mean that the ways rules work changes. If someone in reality say found the solution for world hunger this would help millions of people but if he then went out and outright murdered someone he would still be punished the same way a anyone else. The reasoning behind this is that everyone is equal in rights in the eye of the law.

This guy broke the rules and he was punished, does it matter what the rule was, he may not of hacked into the forum but that doesn't stop him breaking rules. The mods do not show favouritism when coming to punishments. No mthrnite didn't hate him or have anything against him he did his job, which is to punish rule breakers. if you don't believe me go and make 4 accounts and see what happens, yes you will get banned.

People are getting worked up about a work around for a Ds game, yes a video game, and it wasn't even for the (U) rom it was just a translation. Also people are remembering that they are asking for something that will be helping them bypass Anti-Piracy which will be applied to an illegally obtained rom ( yes backups are illegal even if you have millions of copies of the retail you don't have permission to back it up ) and I know people are going to reply to this saying I have the original and I just want the fix to save space, your lying, I'm sure that there is a small majority who are in this position but I know that these are the people who are not complaining and are waiting patiently for a firmware update or a universal patch

Going back to my point before people are moaning at Mthrnite but I'm sure the other mods would of banned him if they were in that position it was just up to mthrnite and I think he did the right thing. People have already said that he is on a Rom forum now still updating the translation and so you don't have to act like its the end of the world, jut google him or wait until it finished and I'm sure some noob will post it on here going OMG OMG ITS FINISHED

As a side note most of the people complaining have either joined when pokemon was dumped or nether posted until now and now thing they now everything on the forums and thing that they are owed something . No Gbatemp owes you nothing and it is a privilege which I thank Costello, Shaun, Ace and every other staff for keeping it going.

Now stop moaning and get on with your life, if you don't like how this place is run then leave

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
To add on. During GTA, when the patch was made, it was a fucking front page post. I appreciated the gesture. I'm sure our mods can actually help in one way or another if you all were more peaceful.

ZackVee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
ZackVee said:

Way to take something far to literally, what I meant was if all the members wanted a new section in the forums the mods and admins would be glad to help out. Or if they wanted a new banner, or a new theme, ect ect ect. If they want a member back who was doing nothing to HURT the site I think that there should be some way for the members to decide on if he can come back or not.

EriitoOokami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hahah, guys, a "poll" on him coming back? hes not gonna come back if he has the chance, why would he when he can post pre-patched roms on the new site hes on? pfft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM