Not open for further replies.

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you want to be professional for banning someone with duplicate accounts. Keep being professional. That means you should not care about people saying things about you, yet you argued with them and forced the discussion to an end with your privileges with a final, worthless argument. That's just uncool dude.

Oh yeah, about the dude being banned, I don't really care. I just like to moan.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
p1ngpong said:
Dont let these fools get you down mthr. The real members of the forum, who know what you and the rest of the staff actually do, and aren't just stupid impatient greedy children, respect the hard work you put in here and love you for it.

wub.gif
Well said, were behind you mthr
wub.gif

Zezaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
laurenz said:
If you want to be professional for banning someone with duplicate accounts. Keep being professional. That means you should not care about people saying things about you, yet you argued with them and forced the discussion to an end with your privileges with a final, worthless argument. That's just uncool dude.

Oh yeah, about the dude being banned, I don't really care. I just like to moan.

This is the real truth.

Wyden

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Unban the kid, who cares what he did in the past? he's contributing to the community, which is rare nowadays.

_dd_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing that stands out most in my mind about this whole situation is:

That thread got 99,959 page views in less than 72 hours. I'd assume a huge amount of guests were viewing those pages also. Guests do see ads correct? I'm not sure how this site manages its server costs, but I'm sure throwing money down the drain doesn't help pay the bills.

LeviCG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the mods/admins here have been extremely ridiculous as of late, especially with their little power trips since pokemon has been released. I thought this site was all about sharing information and helping people? I admit closing billions of pokemon threads is quite the way to go, but sitting there not only deleting post and locking threads, replacing their comments with silly pictures is just beyond power tripping. Mods on this site are seeming to take away peoples freedom of speech and opinion. To ban someone over something as silly as "identity crisis" is beyond stupid, especially when this person is helping people. Are you mods helping people? Or just satisfying your need for your version of control? You know, if you ban this guy, and keep him from helping, more and more pokemon threads will continue to pop up. This guy had the solution. And uh "buying the damn game" isn't a solution for a lot of people, so get off that band wagon. If you don't like the fact that people acquire the game through other methods then that is YOUR business, and should not be used as an excuse to treat people the way that you do. If you choose to lessen the validity of my post due to my post count, that is a serious problem and I suggest you evaluate your life and look and see if you're really that pathetic.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Deathgaze97 said:
Rockstar said:
Kattykitkat said:
Why are mods allowed to make totally irrelevant topics yet if I made a pointless topic it'd get locked? HMM
Mods>You
This sucks. We're people, dammit.
And they run the site and keep it running and not filled with spam so you
yes indeed you
Uncle_Sam_pointing_finger.jpg

Can talk on this site without it being a crap load of fuck

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
Umm, what just happened? I wake up to several bizarre threads about banning someone working on a Pokemon patch, filled with obscene content that would have gotten me suspended five year years ago; and now this out-of-place thread with even more strange posts.

Was there a GBATemp / 4chan merger that I did not hear about?

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Look, it's not as if I haven't unbanned people before.. yeah it's rare, but it happens. This particular guy had several accounts here, he was very very clearly in violation of our rules. I understand that all of you who joined on March 10th and some others who are very big Pokemon fans are upset about this, and I'm sorry for that. If you indeed think that I'm just throwing power around, you're welcome to your opinion. The other moderators here (and many of the members) are my friends, and I'm open to them counseling me on what to do here, as is always the case.

I confess that Pokemon never really "did it" for me, so I'm not a fan, but that isn't why I banned that guy. I banned him because he violated the rules of the board I'm charged to moderate. I know the "just doing my job" excuse doesn't fly with a lot of you, but there we are.

So, to sum up.. most of the other mods are in on this, and if it's their opinion that I should unban the guy I will. The folks that want to scream and shout COMMUNISM and the like, well, they don't get much of my ear. I'm a reasonable person and don't really respond well to irate ranting.

edit: Hi cruddy!

Kattykitkat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
LeviCG said:
I think the mods/admins here have been extremely ridiculous as of late, especially with their little power trips since pokemon has been released. I thought this site was all about sharing information and helping people? I admit closing billions of pokemon threads is quite the way to go, but sitting there not only deleting post and locking threads, replacing their comments with silly pictures is just beyond power tripping. Mods on this site are seeming to take away peoples freedom of speech and opinion. To ban someone over something as silly as "identity crisis" is beyond stupid, especially when this person is helping people. Are you mods helping people? Or just satisfying your need for your version of control? You know, if you ban this guy, and keep him from helping, more and more pokemon threads will continue to pop up. This guy had the solution. And uh "buying the damn game" isn't a solution for a lot of people, so get off that band wagon. If you don't like the fact that people acquire the game through other methods then that is YOUR business, and should not be used as an excuse to treat people the way that you do. If you choose to lessen the validity of my post due to my post count, that is a serious problem and I suggest you evaluate your life and look and see if you're really that pathetic.

^ THIS.

THIIIIIIS.

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rockstar said:
p1ngpong said:
Dont let these fools get you down mthr. The real members of the forum, who know what you and the rest of the staff actually do, and aren't just stupid impatient greedy children, respect the hard work you put in here and love you for it.

wub.gif
Well said, were behind you mthr
wub.gif
Do you always kiss asses of people higher in the hierarchy than you? Stop fooling yourself boy, create a personality and become someone yourself.

Wyden

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
LeviCG said:
QFT

_dd_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mthrnite said:
Look, it's not as if I haven't unbanned people before.. yeah it's rare, but it happens. This particular guy had several accounts here, he was very very clearly in violation of our rules. I understand that all of you who joined on March 10th and some others who are very big Pokemon fans are upset about this, and I'm sorry for that. If you indeed think that I'm just throwing power around, you're welcome to your opinion. The other moderators here (and many of the members) are my friends, and I'm open to them counseling me on what to do here, as is always the case.

I confess that Pokemon never really "did it" for me, so I'm not a fan, but that isn't why I banned that guy. I banned him because he violated the rules of the board I'm charged to moderate. I know the "just doing my job" excuse doesn't fly with a lot of you, but there we are.

So, to sum up.. most of the other mods are in on this, and if it's their opinion that I should unban the guy I will. The folks that want to scream and shout COMMUNISM and the like, well, they don't get much of my ear. I'm a reasonable person and don't really respond well to irate ranting.

Ah, with class.
Cheers.
grog.gif

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LeviCG said:
this needs to be in bigger fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: