Homebrew Mplayer-CE

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to make mplayer boot to a specific folder on my usb hdd to choose a movie so its more young kid friendly ?

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
zeedds said:
is there a way to make mplayer boot to a specific folder on my usb hdd to choose a movie so its more young kid friendly ?
yes just alter menu.conf to your desired choosing, like usb:/movies etc few others have also done that in this thread.

SMB

Windows 7 does not need a password for SMB to work, period.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
I just downloaded a compiled r551 dol from http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2010/01/mpla...svn-update.html
When I run it on my 480p PAL 4.2 Wii the screen gets split in to two halves horizontally with the top half OK but squashed and the bottom half flickering green, squashed, but also showing the same content as the top half...
Is this a real release? If not then I'll ignore it and wait but if it is then I'll post an issue on the code site.
Thanks

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
fishears said:
I just downloaded a compiled r551 dol from http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2010/01/mpla...svn-update.html
When I run it on my 480p PAL 4.2 Wii the screen gets split in to two halves horizontally with the top half OK but squashed and the bottom half flickering green, squashed, but also showing the same content as the top half...
Is this a real release? If not then I'll ignore it and wait but if it is then I'll post an issue on the code site.
Thanks
It was a beta test, somebody has mentioned about that bug in mplayer_ce's iRC channel regarding 480p mode.

C

cloudspear

kingdruid said:
WiiShizzza said:
i still don't get any video streamed from my laptop to the wii.
mabe it'S cos of windows 7 ?

is there any noob guide available which tells me how to set up win7 and mplayer ce correctly ?

//EDIT:
here's how my smb.conf looks:
Code:
#Samba share1ÂÂ(smb1:/)
ip1=192.168.1.2
share1=s02
user1=
pass1=

my videos resist in
c:\movies\s02\folder1\1.avi
c:\movies\s02\folder2\2.avi
c:\movies\s02\folder3\3.avi
and so on...

The feature is broken. Works for some and others it doesn't.

The feature is not broken. Most people that have problem with it forget to remove the # in front of the #Samba share1. He need to remove the # and it should work. It should look like this

Samba share1 (smb1:/)
ip1=192.168.1.2
share1=s02
user1=
pass1=

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ohh...
I just tried with removing the "#"

But I still get "error reconnecting to smb1"

I'm kinda frustrated...
I did doublecheck the settings on Win7. The folder is freed...
could it be because of my router ? should I change any router settings ?

//EDIT:

WORKS!!
Somehow my PC got another IP today....
After changing the IP, SMB works for me
smile.gif

kingdruid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thelowridergame.com
XP
Country
United States
cloudspear said:
kingdruid said:
WiiShizzza said:
i still don't get any video streamed from my laptop to the wii.
mabe it'S cos of windows 7 ?

is there any noob guide available which tells me how to set up win7 and mplayer ce correctly ?

//EDIT:
here's how my smb.conf looks:
Code:
#Samba share1ÂÂ(smb1:/)
ip1=192.168.1.2
share1=s02
user1=
pass1=

my videos resist in
c:\movies\s02\folder1\1.avi
c:\movies\s02\folder2\2.avi
c:\movies\s02\folder3\3.avi
and so on...

The feature is broken. Works for some and others it doesn't.

The feature is not broken. Most people that have problem with it forget to remove the # in front of the #Samba share1. He need to remove the # and it should work. It should look like this

ip1=192.168.1.2
share1=s02
user1=
pass1=

No it is broken. Not sure if you read my previous post. I've done the QA and removed the # during all my test. It is broken.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cloudspear said:

ip1=192.168.1.2
share1=s02
user1=
pass1=

I got it working!
it works with removing the "#"
biggrin.gif

My PC just got another IP.
Now I can confirm SMB fully working!

Thank you cloudspear!
wub.gif

//EDIT:
Just want to add, that it works without user or password on my Win7 after I unchecked the password option in advanced Network options.
Pretty happy now. Now I can stream the LOST Seasons to my bedroom
wink.gif

kingdruid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thelowridergame.com
XP
Country
United States
Mine started working after I put

debug_networking = yes

in the mplayer.conf.

But as soon as I plugged my usb drive back in it stopped working again..... lol

Even FTP stopped working and if I don't let it debug the connection before it starts the app it will not work when its in the application.

satgi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all, well i've got an error on mi black wii 4.1E, i've installer the cios 202 as ios 249 ( tried also ios 202,222 and 223), and try the mplayer ce v0.75 it freezes on : "loading mplayer ce v055........", now i've installed the latests versions (0.76 and 0.77) and it freezes on " loading mplayer ce v0.77 FOUND IOS202, RELOADING."

any solution?

(sorry for my bad english xD)

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
satgi said:
hi all, well i've got an error on mi black wii 4.1E, i've installer the cios 202 as ios 249 ( tried also ios 202,222 and 223), and try the mplayer ce v0.75 it freezes on : "loading mplayer ce v055........", now i've installed the latests versions (0.76 and 0.77) and it freezes on " loading mplayer ce v0.77 FOUND IOS202, RELOADING."

any solution?

(sorry for my bad english xD)
Delete DVDx, try, work? No? Delete IOS202, try, works now? No? Do a fresh install on a formatted SD. Delete the restore points file too.

satgi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i've installed the new cios instaler 222 v5 and installed the cios 202 using ios60, tried mplayer and starts ok, but now have an "error mounting dvd" (the dvd contains divx videos) why?

PD: remember my wii is black 4.1E

satgi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
do you mean that the black wii's can't read videos or dvd-videos using dvd's :S:S

the wii have a LEH50....... serial number

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jservs7 said:
spayrosam said:
MPlayer-CE Forwarder LEGAL by spayrosam
This looks awesome spay! Is this channel out yet? If not, I guess my only critiques are to remove the dash from the MPlayer-CE title and make sure the cover title shows the CE in all caps.

Great work!
smile.gif

Does anyone have a link to Spayrosam's Forwarder I can't find a link anywhere.. thanks

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used MPlayer on my Wii before, but now when I start it up, the menu displays but quickly scrolls to the upper right, completely off the screen. I can see that the controls are able to change the menu selections, so it's not frozen. Any ideas how to fix this?

Forever Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
I've used MPlayer on my Wii before, but now when I start it up, the menu displays but quickly scrolls to the upper right, completely off the screen. I can see that the controls are able to change the menu selections, so it's not frozen. Any ideas how to fix this?

Make sure the nunchuck is connected and press the "C" button and that will center the screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk