Homebrew MPlayer CE usb function not working

AtomBoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Howdy

Not sure if my HDDs is just not compatible or whether there's another issue.

I have 4.0E wii (launch) with original iwikey. Currently have HBC installed. Currently using USB Loader GX with no probs. I have 13b installed as well as hermes on 202 and 222. I followed the MPlayer website and installed DVDx using the original one (not the 3.4) and installed to iso 202 after i'd installed hermes. MPlayer will load from SD and from data dvd. I can also play a real DVD from Mplayer, so I think DVDx is installed and working. I think I have USB 2.0 function installed as I can use SuperDump with it's USB2 function.

However, whether I plug in either of my 2 external HDD or my 2 USB thumb drives, Mplayer will read from any of them.

Not sure what the issue is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
AtomBoy said:
Howdy

Not sure if my HDDs is just not compatible or whether there's another issue.

I have 4.0E wii (launch) with original iwikey. Currently have HBC installed. Currently using USB Loader GX with no probs. I have 13b installed as well as hermes on 202 and 222. I followed the MPlayer website and installed DVDx using the original one (not the 3.4) and installed to iso 202 after i'd installed hermes. MPlayer will load from SD and from data dvd. I can also play a real DVD from Mplayer, so I think DVDx is installed and working. I think I have USB 2.0 function installed as I can use SuperDump with it's USB2 function.

However, whether I plug in either of my 2 external HDD or my 2 USB thumb drives, Mplayer will read from any of them.

Not sure what the issue is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mine is similar except it will read from a thumb drive and an sd drive

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
External Harddrives have to have a FAT32 primary partition to be detected properly.

This is rather unfortunate as NTFS is still at this point unsupported (except by GeexBox).

psykobug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i had the same problem . try geexbox , it recognizes easily every external HD and you 'll never come back to the crappy usb driver of mplayer .

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use the version of Hermes on MplayerCE web site. Remove 202 using anytitle deleter then install V2.1. after that re-install DVDx to 202, advanced install options.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
i had the same problem . try geexbox , it recognizes easily every external HD and you 'll never come back to the crappy usb driver of mplayer .your'e a great help, idiot.
QUOTEDon't use the version of Hermes on MplayerCE web site. Remove 202 using anytitle deleter then install V2.1. after that re-install DVDx to 202, advanced install options.
what?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
QUOTE said:
Don't use the version of Hermes on MplayerCE web site. Remove 202 using anytitle deleter then install V2.1. after that re-install DVDx to 202, advanced install options.
what?
Don't know if I can make it any simpler but I guess I will have to try...........takes big breath....

1) Install anytitle deleter, download from here
2) Run anytitle deleter and uninstall IOS202
3) Download Hermes cIOS from here (Version 2.1)
4) Delete directory 00000001 from SD card
5) Install Hermes to 202 using IOS36 for the build
5) Re-install DVDx (old version), use advanced options and install to IOS202

I hope that clears thing up

*removed pointless insult*

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Moderators, is it possible to keep 12 year olds like UranusKiller out of these forums.
Cheers.wtf? total fail. I help with MPlayerCE you idiot. And I'm not a 12yr old pirate like you, have you noticed I only reply to questions regarding MPlayerCE. And rephrase the damn IOS36 we are at IOS60 now! Get it right, guess you don't read news from MPlayerCE google code.

Also what's with your'e reply to this:
QUOTEDon't use the version of Hermes on MplayerCE web site. Remove 202 using anytitle deleter then install V2.1. after that re-install DVDx to 202, advanced install options.
erm why would you remove IOS202 with ATD, and reinstall dvdx at IOS202 (yeah like ya can do that when you've deleted it!!!)
And why not use MPayerCE's cIOS? hermes and rodries work on the damn thing, prats.

AtomBoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK so here's what happened

I downloaded Geexbox. It detected and my HDD first time and played without issues. However, the aspect ratio was all out. I didn't bother tinkering with it, just wanted to see if it works.

I deleted the folder 000001 off my SD card. I then used any title deleter and got rid of iso 202,222 and 223, then deleted DVDx. Before bothering to reinstall any of those (NB: I have cIOS 13b installed at 249- - I think) I tried Mplayer CE again. It detected my HDD and played perfectly!

So, no idea what the issue was, and I still haven't reinstalled DVDx. I don't intend on using my wii to play dvd's so won't bother with it and leave it be.

AtomBoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have watched several Divx movies, files ranging 120mb to 500mb. All played perfectly. So if they're only accessing at USB 1.1 then, it doesn't seem to be an issue.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Have watched several Divx movies, files ranging 120mb to 500mb. All played perfectly. So if they're only accessing at USB 1.1 then, it doesn't seem to be an issue.
try a 1.4gb+ also what's it like not being able to seek?
smile.gif

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
QUOTE said:
try a 1.4gb+ also what's it like not being able to seek?
smile.gif

I'm running at USB 1.1 currently, because with DVDx installed I lose the ability to access roms on USB through Snes9xGX, FCEUGX etc and I can tell you that I actually have no problems seeking through xvids in MPlayer-CE at all. The only noticeable difference is the initial load time for the video. A full length, 700MB movie will take upwards of 15 seconds to start instead of 5. But once it's started, I can seek all I want, without issue. Perhaps I would have an issue with a larger (1.4GB+) file, but everything I watch is either tv shows (between 200 and 350MB), and films (proper scene releases, which are split at 700MB anyway), so it's doubtful I'll ever find out. Oh, sorry, I take that back. I watched a 1.2GB rip of Crank 2 without issue, but had no reason to seek through it, so I can't be positive about that....

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried Mplayer-Ce today.
For me:
I select Open->File and USB Device.
But there is nothing.
So i go back and select USB device again and tada! I can see all my folders etc. =)

But i got a question:
After i selected a music file (plays fine) and then go back to main menu and press stop.
After that when i try to open USB Device again it frrezes in a few seconds.

Whats the problem?
My USB device?
Mplayer-ce ( i am using v. 0.62) Bug?
wrong USB 2.0 setup (i did all correct like on the google site)?

sry for my eng.

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry for the late answer.
I tried my SD Card too now and it seems that the error also occurs with my SD card.
Play Song, go back and stop, open SD Card again and then after some time browsing at the SD directorie Mplayer freezes.
I think i have to wait for a new Version or compile lastest rev.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, wut