• Total voters

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
after playing the 1st 2 finally on MPT i have to say they really slacked off making mp3. i mean take a look at mp1 and 2 the levels are HUGE! now take a look at the levels in mp3...their tiny
blink.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
tj_cool said:
They did that on purpose to avoid too much backtracking

so what back tracking has always been in metroid games it's what made it interesting. you come to a room and see a missile expansion over there but can't reach it and wonder how the fuck do you get that than you notice a weird rail running along the wall and think to yourself what the hell is that. later when you get the spider ball you realise OH i can go back and get that missile now so you do!

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We should have a poll on which is best, but only people who have completed all 3 recently should vote.

MP2 for me, I just love that version so much with it's dark/light world puzzle aspects.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i haven't fully finished mp2 but it's gotta be my least favorite. your losing energy all the time in dark ether is annoying, you have to guess a lot to what to do like when you scan something all it does is say structural analysis complete instead of saying this is made of this and this can destroy it. you run out of light and dark energy a lot and when you do if your in a bad spot your pretty much fucked. it's also very difficult to keep track of where missiles/energy etc is that you haven't collected yet. i dont like it as much as mp1 and 3 but i'm still playing it.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I thought you like backtracking?

Yeah MP2 is a bit hard sometimes, but not impossible (on veteran)
Took me quite some time to beat it.
(On higher difficulty I lost to the first boss twice
laugh.gif
)

Light suit is very handy. You don't lose any lives in the dark (but still gain from the light things) and you can warp.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i havn't got the light suit yet sounds cool though looking forward to getting that. it's not about the backtracking it's very difficult to keep track of where everything is sometimes almost overwhelming.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they slacked off, they managed to do a hell of a job in between breaks, as Corruption is easily the best, and most cinematic, of the trilogy by FAR.

I can't wait for Other M.

Nikj14

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
imapterodactyl said:
If they slacked off, they managed to do a hell of a job in between breaks, as Corruption is easily the best, and most cinematic, of the trilogy by FAR.

just about to say that
smile.gif
i havent beat 1 and 2 yet but im in the middle of both of them and 3 is easy by comparison.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
imapterodactyl said:

yes but they wasted half the game on movies and voice overs. gameplay took a huge hit compared to the 1st 2. as for other m not sure about that team ninja haven't really made any good games worth mentioning we'll just have to wait and see.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
i haven't fully finished mp2 but it's gotta be my least favorite. your losing energy all the time in dark ether is annoying, you have to guess a lot to what to do like when you scan something all it does is say structural analysis complete instead of saying this is made of this and this can destroy it. you run out of light and dark energy a lot and when you do if your in a bad spot your pretty much fucked. it's also very difficult to keep track of where missiles/energy etc is that you haven't collected yet. i dont like it as much as mp1 and 3 but i'm still playing it.
Metroid Prime 2 was the first game in the series I played, and I gotta say it pissed me off. I remember people complaining about MP1 being too linear, but their solution in MP2 wasn't to make it less linear, instead they just took out any sense of direction, so you never knew what the hell to do next. It's simply not fun to have to wander around the entire world every time you do something and hope you stumble onto whatever tiny detail you missed before. The other problem with MP2 that really bugged me was that it was ugly. The models and textures were detailed and well made, but it suffered from the problem that quite a few games suffer from: everything was brown and gray. The environments weren't nearly as breathtaking as those in MP1, and all the secrets looked identical to everything else. Just about the only thing it did better than MP1 (and MP3) is that it had multiplayer. Not the best multiplayer shooter I've played, but decent, and certainly more fun than Hunters (though MP:H sucked in all regards except controls).

Bladexdsl said:
QUOTE(imapterodactyl @ Sep 4 2009, 11:41 PM) If they slacked off, they managed to do a hell of a job in between breaks, as Corruption is easily the best, and most cinematic, of the trilogy by FAR.

yes but they wasted half the game on movies and voice overs. gameplay took a huge hit compared to the 1st 2. as for other m not sure about that team ninja haven't really made any good games worth mentioning we'll just have to wait and see.
Team Ninja made Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword, which were both excellent. I haven't played the other Ninja Gaiden games (I don't have a 360 yet), but from what I've played of theirs I certainly trust them to make a good Metroid game. Especially since they're not working on it alone, they are co-developing it with Nintendo.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
that's what i'm afraid of their gonna turn other m into a ninja gaiden clone
Not me, and here's why:

1. Like I said before, they are co-developing it with Nintendo. There's no way that Project M would let it turn into a Ninja Gaiden clone.
2. Team Ninja has also done Dead or Alive games, which don't play at all like Ninja Gaiden. I think this shows they're capable of doing things that aren't clones of stuff they've already done.
3. From the trailer, it doesn't seem like a Ninja Gaiden clone.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
Covarr said:
3. From the trailer, it doesn't seem like a Ninja Gaiden clone.
The trailer does not make it look very metroidy either, different view points, melee attacks, other people.
They wouldn't show off exploration in the trailer. As necessary as it is to a Metroid game, it'd be damn boring to watch clips of in a trailer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sounds like the typical Discord response when you get pinged.