Gaming MP3 Channels and joining

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have mp3 recording and it only plays on the left side speaker. I checked the file with goldwave and it reports that nothing is playing from the right channel.

Is there a way I can fix it so the audio comes out from both sides?

Also is there a free tool or command to join split mp3 files?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
You can use a program like Audacity (freeware) to join tracks together pretty easily.

As for making a mono track into stereo, you can fumble around in Audacity for that too.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mono and single channel are slightly different.
A proper set up should play Mono out of both left and right. I had some 'old' MP3s of a radio show that I didn't realize were mono until I tried to get a sound bite from one.

If your files are single channel stereo, I would suggest converting them to Mono (You can do this in Audacity with a single button push I believe). You could always make the file Stereo and double the track, but that would just increase the size with no benefit.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
ganons said:
I wasnt able to do none of that audacity, rather there wasnt a way......

Look up guides. You can't just open Audacity and go for it. Even for freeware, it can do a hell of a lot. There's an Audacity wiki thing that gave me a lot of good info when trying to figure things out. I know you can combine tracks on it. I combined tracks for shits and giggles before. Of course it sounded terrible, but w/e. I also recombined a multitrack just because I could (didn't save it of course, multitracks are too large and too hard to find to just casually discard).

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
ganons said:

Copy the single track, then click in the audacity window and paste so two tracks appear. On the top track hit the downward arrow next to the X and pick "Make stereo track".

edit: I did this without a guide and have never had to use a guide for Audacity. It is very much a program that you can just open and go for it.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Some of it you can. I tried doing stuff not so simple though. It also isn't easy for everybody (as you can see), so pointing to the wiki is always a good idea.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ganons said:
audacity_stereo-mono.png

After you split the track to two mono tracks, you can delete the empty one (press the X near the circled V button at the top), File -> Export (or Export MP3).
You'll need to download and install the LAME for Audacity library: http://lame.buanzo.com.ar/

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Under Tracks, go to Mix and Render. I believe every track below needs to be selected for this to work, though it may just mix all of the tracks currently in the window.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)