ROM Hack Moving my Animal Crossing New Horizons Save

raynelogens

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to move my CFW ACNH save file from my emuMMC to my system. I want to go online with it.

Can that be done? If it can, has anyone done it without being banned? I have edited the save file just to get some DIY recipes.

If I have to restart fresh I could. Just don’t want to lol.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to move my CFW ACNH save file from my emuMMC to my system. I want to go online with it.

Can that be done? If it can, has anyone done it without being banned? I have edited the save file just to get some DIY recipes.

If I have to restart fresh I could. Just don’t want to lol.
There is always a risk of a ban when using CFW, homebrew, or any form of hacking.

raynelogens

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is always a risk of a ban when using CFW, homebrew, or any form of hacking.

I understand that. I was just curious if anyone has been able to transfer their save from CFW to OFW and what the result was.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for the reply though

effudee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that. I was just curious if anyone has been able to transfer their save from CFW to OFW and what the result was.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for the reply though

I started my ACNH on CFW as well and decided to play online. I didn't edit or modify the save in any way. So far I haven't been banned yet (9 days already, knock on wood).

What I did was:
- Backup the save file in CFW emunand with JKSV
- Booted into CFW sysnand with hekate in airplane mode
- Started new game and did all the tutorials until I can save
- Once a save file was created, exit the game
- Launch JKSV and restore the previously backed up save file from emunand
- Start Animal Crossing again and my save from emunand was there

Initializer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started my ACNH on CFW as well and decided to play online. I didn't edit or modify the save in any way. So far I haven't been banned yet (9 days already, knock on wood).

What I did was:
- Backup the save file in CFW emunand with JKSV
- Booted into CFW sysnand with hekate in airplane mode
- Started new game and did all the tutorials until I can save
- Once a save file was created, exit the game
- Launch JKSV and restore the previously backed up save file from emunand
- Start Animal Crossing again and my save from emunand was there

Could you update your status about the status tmr too? I hear a lot about getting banned around the 10th day after injecting saves.

effudee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you update your status about the status tmr too? I hear a lot about getting banned around the 10th day after injecting saves.
i was waiting for the 10 day mark too to see what would happen. I remember someone said something on Reddit about it.I'm still good as of today. Switch's profile says I've played for at least 10 days so far.

Reactions: Initializer

GlakeGG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was waiting for the 10 day mark too to see what would happen. I remember someone said something on Reddit about it.I'm still good as of today. Switch's profile says I've played for at least 10 days so far.

I'm curious how safe it would be to inject the save file via CFW sysnand and then play the game on OFW. They share the same saves, correct? I know A LOT of people are save editing on NH now, but not too sure how many people are actually going online with their save edited towns. I hear the moment you launch CFW (even if you're in airplane, incognito, 90DNS, etc) the likelihood of you getting banned when you go back to OFW is pretty high, no?

silentflames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wouldn't risk it personally, I'd die if ACNH internet function was taken away via ban :/ A lot of it for me is online communities so..

Alessandro98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm curious how safe it would be to inject the save file via CFW sysnand and then play the game on OFW. They share the same saves, correct? I know A LOT of people are save editing on NH now, but not too sure how many people are actually going online with their save edited towns. I hear the moment you launch CFW (even if you're in airplane, incognito, 90DNS, etc) the likelihood of you getting banned when you go back to OFW is pretty high, no?
I would like to transfer to sysNAND my EmuMMC save file where I just spawned once 3 bars of gold and a fish I had already found. Could you please point out where these people are discussing about save editing, so that I can read their thoughts about it myself and maybe understand better how they do it? Thanks

Blackdove77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been going back and forth between sysnand and emunand for weeks now.

First was for villagers, I had pulled my save from sysnand using hacmount and replaced the save on emu with it, then used the island cheats to get the villagers I wanted so the houses would be correct. Had no problems pushing that save back to sysnand and going online with it.

Since then several times I've done the same routine to move buildings around (verify right place in emu), move terrain around, edit inventory and storage, and give myself the blossom recipies I was missing after the event ended.

I always take the save into emu first to make sure no corruption / crash, resave it after loading, then push that save to sys.

GlakeGG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been going back and forth between sysnand and emunand for weeks now.

First was for villagers, I had pulled my save from sysnand using hacmount and replaced the save on emu with it, then used the island cheats to get the villagers I wanted so the houses would be correct. Had no problems pushing that save back to sysnand and going online with it.

Since then several times I've done the same routine to move buildings around (verify right place in emu), move terrain around, edit inventory and storage, and give myself the blossom recipies I was missing after the event ended.

I always take the save into emu first to make sure no corruption / crash, resave it after loading, then push that save to sys.

Do you inject your save to sysnad while on CFW? Or do you inject it all on PC?

effudee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think the injecting save part is relatively "safe" since they are the same save file like you said. From what I've read, any sort of save editing or modification will more than likely get you banned. Just a matter of when, I guess. Yeah, I also read that once you run CFW on sysnand it would dirty it and the chance of being ban will always be there (this was something I didn't care, since staying offline is essentially being banned anyways and I get to enjoy NH online for however long).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_3XC94yzeo