Homebrew Moving from menuhax to arm9loaderhax. I have few questions.

Bros.Life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys!

I have a New3DS with SysNand at 9.2 with menuhax and EmuNand at 11.2. I'm considering move to ARM9LH. However, I'm bit confused.

1) Do I need just to follow this guide? https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

2) Do I need to delete something from my SDCard (menuhax files) before starting?

3) I don't need put my SysNand at 11.2 to use the newest arm9loaderhax method, right?

4) Is there any chance of bricking? I mean, not by mistakes, but for the system itself. Is it chance bigger than downgrading, for example?

Thanks a lot guys!

sprong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
follow 3ds guide, it has a section towards the end for people with pre existing emunand. just make sure before you start following the guide that you delete your menuhax by changing your theme on your sysnand.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*shakes head start from the beginning juste because your on 9.2 doesnt mean you can skip anything, you need to start at the beginning to downgrade to 2.1 to get your OTP and then install A9LH. as long you follow closely and dont try to take shortcuts your fine.

Bros.Life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
*shakes head start from the beginning juste because your on 9.2 doesnt mean you can skip anything, you need to start at the beginning to downgrade to 2.1 to get your OTP and then install A9LH. as long you follow closely and dont try to take shortcuts your fine.

I didn't try to take shortcuts. I misunderstood. I thought I could start from that part.

Why I cannot downgrade the EmuNand instead of SysNand to get the OTP file? One is copy of the other, it should work, no?

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't try to take shortcuts. I misunderstood. I thought I could start from that part.

Why I cannot downgrade the EmuNand instead of SysNand to get the OTP file? One is copy of the other, it should work, no?
its been explained why in the past but i cannot remember Why but what we'd get from Emunand is no good.

Bros.Life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

The OTP gets locked very early on in boot. Below 3.0, it does not get locked, so we can access it on sysNAND. If you boot a firmware below 3.0 in emuNAND, the system has already gone through boot up (on the updated sysNAND) and locked the OTP. Getting it on emuNAND does not work because sysNAND will already have booted and locked it.

Bros.Life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The OTP gets locked very early on in boot. Below 3.0, it does not get locked, so we can access it on sysNAND. If you boot a firmware below 3.0 in emuNAND, the system has already gone through boot up (on the updated sysNAND) and locked the OTP. Getting it on emuNAND does not work because sysNAND will already have booted and locked

Thanks for your explanation! My question now is about the SafeA9LHInstaller.
I'm confused because someone has helped my brother yesterday to upgrade his N3DS from menuhax to A9LH. I asked him for the steps he did , and it seems he didn't go to 2.1 to get the OTP. He just launched SafeA9LHInstaller on SysNand, and after restored the EmuNand to SysNand.

That's because I'm confused.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for your explanation! My question now is about the SafeA9LHInstaller.
I'm confused because someone has helped my brother yesterday to upgrade his N3DS from menuhax to A9LH. I asked him for the steps he did , and it seems he didn't go to 2.1 to get the OTP. He just launched SafeA9LHInstaller on SysNand, and after restored the EmuNand to SysNand.

That's because I'm confused.
He must have had a9lh already and was updating it.

Bros.Life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
He must have had a9lh already and was updating it.

If he had, he wasn't using. Because he had EmuNand.

Just follow the guide and you'll be ok and listen to what it says like "dont put your 3ds to sleep on 2.1 if you use a n3ds"

Yeah, you're right. I know. It's just because I like to understand what I'm doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...