Move saves from CFW to OFW second switch

DevilzCY

Trophies
XP
Country
Did this recently for all pokemon games.

Setup is: 2x Switches (1 is CFW the other is a clean OFW OLED)

Code:
-> I transferred my save data of Pokemon Scarlet from my non-hacked OFW OLED Switch to my OFW booted (hacked) Switch.

-> Then I booted into sysCFW+Incognito and used JKSV to make save data/back up (Remember to use the photo album to access the homebrew apps).

-> Afterwards I turned my hacked Switch off and connected my hacked Switch SSD on my PC.

-> The next step to was copy the whole folder of my save file to another location as a backup.

-> Then I copied it again and edited that copy in PKHeX. After that, I exported the edited file to the 2nd copy of main and replaced it. The replaced copy then was added into the save folder on my SD card of my hacked switch.

-> I booted into sysCFW+Incognito restored the save file via JKSV and then booted into OFW.

-> I used the regular data transfer method to get my edited save file from a hacked to a non hacked switch: press + on the games icon (both consoles):

-> select data management and transferred the edited save file from stock sys (hacked console) to my non hacked one.

-> I tested the game and went online with my non hacked switch. I joined a random raid and everything works fine. my edits also came through.

If anything happens in the future I will share with you, but so far so good!
Hi @KoalaOperative or any kind one, would you mind sharing with me how to boot into sysCFW_Incognito? I just got a modded switch and I only have 2 launch option which is atmosphere CFW and SYSnand.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DevilzCY It's not a launch option. Going incognito just blanks out your serial number/ enables a dns redirect so you wouldn't be able to connect to nintendo servers.
Exosphere.ini is what you want to look at to enable incognito. But I highly suggest doing it on emunand. Keep sysnand clean from all cfw and use emunand for cfw only. That's saying you care bout being banned

Reactions: DevilzCY

DevilzCY

Trophies
XP
Country
@DevilzCY It's not a launch option. Going incognito just blanks out your serial number/ enables a dns redirect so you wouldn't be able to connect to nintendo servers.
Exosphere.ini is what you want to look at to enable incognito. But I highly suggest doing it on emunand. Keep sysnand clean from all cfw and use emunand for cfw only. That's saying you care bout being banned
Hi @kidkat210 a big thank to your thoughtful response. I check my exosphere.ini and here are the code:

[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
disable_user_exception_handlers=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=1
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
log_port=0
log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0

Is that correct. Also, do you know how can I access sys cfw where I can extract save file from sys nand? Thank you

Gavin80001x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey lads, on the topic of saves for single player games on sysnand, is it safe to also use someone else's save for single player games? Cannot find an answer for this lol. Assume it would be but wanted to make sure.

Sala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
first of all. you need to own the games your tryna save transfer.

1: backup saves in emunand using jksv
2: boot syscfw, insert game carts, then restore saves with jksv.
3: shutdown, boot ofw, follow nintendo game save transfer function. done

99.999% no risk, been doing it for YEARS no ban
Do you think I can do this also with animal crossing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival