cheesypr09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS died :(
Is there a way to move the emunand on the SD card to another 3DS? If not, is there a way for me to recover at least the save games from the SD card?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS died :(
Is there a way to move the emunand on the SD card to another 3DS? If not, is there a way for me to recover at least the save games from the SD card?
Another user, @rzyao, recently asked a similar question in hopes of recovering his Friends List and Miis.
You can dump the EmuNAND *.bin image from the SD card, mount the file using ninfs (fuse-3ds) desktop program, and extract the decrypted ctrnand_full.bin, twln.bin, and twlp.bin to ** temporarily ** use on another like [old|new] 3DS/2DS system.

I'm still on the fence about writing a detailed step-by-step tutorial because of the complexity on all the little things that can go wrong and what to watch out for when cloning a NAND on a different system.

Edit - If you jump ahead with doing hacky shit with the firmware, backup up the substitution system's SysNAND *.bin image before flashing foreign NAND images onto it. You'll need its real image to later restore its original setup.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1