Move emunand from dead 3DS to another one

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by cheesypr09, Jun 13, 2019.

1. cheesypr09
    OP

cheesypr09 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    My 3DS died :(
    Is there a way to move the emunand on the SD card to another 3DS? If not, is there a way for me to recover at least the save games from the SD card?

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Nope

3. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Another user, @rzyao, recently asked a similar question in hopes of recovering his Friends List and Miis.
    You can dump the EmuNAND *.bin image from the SD card, mount the file using ninfs (fuse-3ds) desktop program, and extract the decrypted ctrnand_full.bin, twln.bin, and twlp.bin to ** temporarily ** use on another like [old|new] 3DS/2DS system.

I'm still on the fence about writing a detailed step-by-step tutorial because of the complexity on all the little things that can go wrong and what to watch out for when cloning a NAND on a different system.

Edit - If you jump ahead with doing hacky shit with the firmware, backup up the substitution system's SysNAND *.bin image before flashing foreign NAND images onto it. You'll need its real image to later restore its original setup.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Jun 13, 2019
    w0nd3rb0yfx and KleinesSinchen like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted