Patcheresu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vgfantasy.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, you are mistaken. My favorite video game is Pokemon and I put quality above graphics.

At least you are playing the fan-translation. Thank you. The more Mother fans we have, that's one more smile brought to Tomato. Send him your thanks. Literally. This guy spends years of his life making us happy.

While I know that music isn't the only reason it is a very big deal. I randomly guessed, but most battle themes are influenced. That's okay but if anyone complains, that's another day spent with the legal team. Unofficial releases like this are for the best.

Once again, I feel like a bastard. My personality has massive dickery. No apologizing is necessary just admittance that random assumptions like the ones I've made are wrong. Nintendo doesn't hate you or Earthbound. It just puts the time saved promoting themselves over American release. Boo hoo. The way I see it, unless they pull a Sonic CD, there will NEVER be another Mother release in America ever again.

Also:
98018.jpg

The wonderful world of WHAT DOES THIS TEACH CHILDREN??

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Oh MarcusRaven...

While I don't really agree with Patcheresu, you're just going all out with the Ad Hominem. You should be calling his points into question, not his character. Low move, pal.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's think about this:

Even if the songs were illegal to use in the States (I don't know, I'm seriously not about to read a shit load of fuck that's probably only assumptions anyway), Nintendo would just change the songs into remixes from the previous Mother titles, direct ports, or even just new songs all together.

I think the reason it wasn't released in America is because EarthBound didn't do fantastically well here until after it really mattered. And Nintendo was unsure this one would be any different. Seeing as how it's now become quite popular among those who either know how to read it or can find the translation patch, this really isn't such a questionable idea.

Patcheresu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vgfantasy.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Let's think about this:

Even if the songs were illegal to use in the States (I don't know, I'm seriously not about to read a shit load of fuck that's probably only assumptions anyway), Nintendo would just change the songs into remixes from the previous Mother titles, direct ports, or even just new songs all together.

I think the reason it wasn't released in America is because EarthBound didn't do fantastically well here until after it really mattered. And Nintendo was unsure this one would be any different. Seeing as how it's now become quite popular among those who either know how to read it or can find the translation patch, this really isn't such a questionable idea.

THAT'S THE POINT. ANY MOTHER RELEASE since THEY ALL do this. Do you want every battle theme o be the Theme of Love? Also, Serious and Fate are knockoffs of Saturday Night by the Beatles. The beat is exactly the same in the chorus.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patcheresu said:
_Chaz_ said:
Let's think about this:

THAT'S THE POINT. ANY MOTHER RELEASE since THEY ALL do this. Do you want every battle theme o be the Theme of Love? Also, Serious and Fate are knockoffs of Saturday Night by the Beatles. The beat is exactly the same in the chorus.
You may surprised to know this about me, but music isn't the first thing I consider when playing a game.

Patcheresu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vgfantasy.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
I consider the Mother trilogy to be world wonders. Did you know that it is a national crime to disrupt a wonder?

So if you lick the badly damaged paint of the Supper(Can't remember if it's The First or The Last), you're going down. And by down, I mean DEAD. Ever played Left 4 Dead 2? The Horde is what we are like when Reggie gives the middle finger to a picture of Lucas.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patcheresu said:
I consider the Mother trilogy to be world wonders. Did you know that it is a national crime to disrupt a wonder?

So if you lick the badly damaged paint of the Supper(Can't remember if it's The First or The Last), you're going down. And by down, I mean DEAD. Ever played Left 4 Dead 2? The Horde is what we are like when Reggie gives the middle finger to a picture of Lucas.
my-body-is-ready.png

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When this game does come out on the vc, the guy being all cocky and sure that he's right that it will never be released, will feel like a total douche, or at least he should.

Patcheresu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vgfantasy.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
even if they was to release Mother 3 on VC, it wouldn't be available to the US
it will probably stay japan only

True. Japan's copyright laws are way too easy to bypass. If its a derivative, unless explicitly stated to be in unwant from the right holder, there is NOTHING they can do about it. I could make a song for a Mother game about a guy named Obaka who was appointed leader of the Zulus. And failed tremendously. And no one could do anything about it as long as long as I'm referencing someone named ObaKA. Which, to the Japanese, sounds like it should be spelled O'Baka until they realize the Zulus are black, thus calling me a racist for making a leader named O'Stupid. But, of course, unless Obama can win against me in a case of Japanese parody then NO, I'm free to Obaka everything.

There's your example. Even if they TRIED bringing Hal to court for the Mother trilogy, they can't win with snippets of less than 30 seconds as proof. But in America, PEOPLE WILL ONLY READ THE LAWS THAT FIT THEM.

"YOU'RE COPYING OUR WORK!"

"IT'S A 20 SECOND CLIP."

"SO?"

"IF IT'S THIRTY SECONDS OR LESS, WE CAN USE IT AS LONG AS WE CREDIT YOU, DICKHEAD."

"Fudge! And I wanted to get ten thousand more dollars so I could get my one hundredth gold foil roll of toilet paper!"

"...You aren't giving any money to charity are you?"

"Not a cent! What have the homeless done for me?"

"...Fuck it. Well just replace your clip rather than allign ourselves with scum like you,"

And thus, Mr. Batty's Twist died a sad, senpukku death at the hands of the record company.

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, this thread automatically gets my hopes up. I hadn't even considered it. Seeing as Mother 2 is my favorite game of all time, and Mother 3 was one of the best GBA games I played and overall a phenomenal experience, I can only hope.

Or hope the 3DS can emulate GBA games so I can play the fan translation version, haha.

MilkPSP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that the VC will focus on games for older consoles rather than GBA for VC emulation, such as the original GameBoy, and GameBoy Color, rather than having GBA first. I think that there willdefinitely be GBA emulation, and possibly, in Japan there will be a Mother 3 release.
There may be a Mother 3 release, but I believe it is unlikely, unless it were possible to make a fan translation of the VC games put onto an SD Card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o