amemoryoncelost

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So here is a post I just made over at their forums. Really, I think we all need to take a look at what's going on. I've heard from reliable sources and from reviews posted online(9-17-07btw), that the 1.1.3 firmware will not fix the arm7 problem that is the main issue at hand. Seriously, I don't care about any of the fancy things that were in the future for us all. I want compatibility. Nothing else, I just want this thing to do what I told it would do when I bought it. Too much to ask for apparently. I'm not waiting for someone else to fix the problem, someone to hack the firmware and actually, I'm not even waiting for the team to fix the problem either.
Honestly, I hope they do fix it and it would be pretty cool if they turned things around, but honestly, been strung along too long. My cart should be gone by the end of the weekend and I'll be on the lookout for a new cart or just to outright sell my DS. Best of luck to everyone. Hoping one last thread might trick the team into doing what they've promised, chances are 99% that this thread along with the hundred other will go unnoticed.
QUOTE said:
course not, for all the explaining about this and that, nothing is happening, we've been waiting this long, we'll be waiting as much longer. This team does not care about it's customers, it's blatantly obvious. They care so much about their customers, that when they finally do get some stock in, they can't replace the units that are broken from customers who've already spent $120. They've failed to meet promises made through this forum, this website and multiple other places on the internet. They've failed to keep a good working relationship with their customers. I understand that keeping in the dark about updates is one thing, most teams do it and most big business to(just like with my iphone). But for this long is absurd. To ignore obvious questions/threads in their own forum is ridiculous.
http://forums.ds-xtreme.com/showthread.php?t=6002
take a look, that thread went on for TWO MONTHS, with ds-x guru's name in the title and not a single reply. This is the sort of relationship I'm talking about. I'm not taking stabs personally, I'm taking stabs at the team. I asked for a reply, even one that said, nope, sorry, nothing new to add. I asked nicely, but nothing. I think you guys need to wake up and see what's going on here. Regardless if the project has been abandoned or not, why have we all paid this much money for a product which has failed to meet most of it's core goals? Why would anyone pay any amount of money to be treated like this? My iPhone would have been on ebay months ago if it weren't updated.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't realize things had gotten so bad on the supply side until I looked at the forum the other night. Apparently they can no longer replace defective carts, so now they've got people who payed money, have no working cart at all, and cannot get a replacement. I think that's what you call digging your hole too deep that you can't climb out. I also noticed Guru popped his head back out, which I believe can be interepreted as six more weeks of winter.

Personally, I'll have to disagree with you. There's more at stake than just compatibility, although I do think that is the first point that should be addressed. But there's an ever growing list of things they could have been doing over the past year instead of sitting on their hands.

A word of advice to the shadowy rogues of the 'DS-X team', behind their NDAs and wall of secrecy: try digging up, stupid.

amemoryoncelost

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh yeah, whatever the team has been doing for the past year is out of hand. Obviously the only thing I want fixed now is compatibility. After that, would be nice seeing the cart actually doing things it's capable of.

Guess I just wanted to vent about the team and hopefully let some more people see that the games are still going on...

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty much every single rom now needs the arm7 fix. For me, patching them is a pain but once it works, it's all good. The biggest problem IMO is the corruption and the lost savegames. If they could fix that, and after the roms are patched, everything should work 100%, I don't even care about new features, my expectations are low. Not knowing if your savegame is going to be there the next time takes all the fun out of playing my DS
hate2.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I abandonned ship long ago and I would recommend everyone to do the same. You can get a full setup for under $50 now. 1GB Micro SD card and an R4 or a TTDS or an EDGE or whatever you want.

And I know what you'll say. That shouldn't be a solution. And you're right, it shouldn't. I've had a DSX since almost right after release and I have to say that I still got plenty out of it but now it's pretty much down for the long overdue count.

Just let it die.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MrSpud, which loader version are you using? I've never had a save corruption issue so it may be a defective card.

Why not back up your save files? It doesn't take any effort and they're only a couple KB at most.

Also, at least Tales of Innocence actually breaks when patching arm7 and there could be others. If you use a clean version it runs fine but you can't load or save data or begin a new game. If you patch arm7, it has freezing issues. Sort of a 'damned if you do or don't' scenario.

Anyways I have looked around at other cards though, maybe next payday I'll pick one up. It won't be an R4, I know that much. I don't care for those.

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on the latest firmware, I lost all my savegames once about a year ago, I was on 1.0.2. The second time was when I upgraded, they forgot to mention that savegames won't work anymore, my fault I guess. The third time was when I plugged the cart to the pc, the contact was loose for a second and the cart connected/disconnected 4 times in a second, major corruption. The fourth time was only a few savegames and of course, every now and then my savegame would dissapear (Zelda/Orcs&Elves and a few other that required the arm7fix).

Of couse I do regular backup, that's not the point. Sometime I copy a savegame over another one and then realise later that it was corrupted, oups! It's not horrible, 4 times so far. Not much I can do about dissapearing savegames, most of the time the game itself would say "Data corrupted, erasing savegame..." without any comfirmation.

Faulty cart? I'm banned from the Ds-x forum and Rabid1 has called me a scumbag 5 times, over there and here on this forum, can't the guy be professional instead of personnal? His mind works like a 1.1.2 firmware, full of bugs and corruption
wacko.gif

I don't want help, just the truth. I want to stick around untill the end so I can have closure.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at my posts about the subject and you'll see how I weigh in on the matter. The cliff notes version is they don't give a damn about their customer base, and never will, and have done nothing to show anything otherwise, only to call their own customers criminals. GG Team DS-X/Xodius/douchebags.

Don't hold your breath for the new firmware, I'm sure as hell not. I'm happy with my CycloEvo, with a group that actually has responded politely and promptly to my messages. Not saying Cyclo is the only possibility here, but it sure beats the DS-X currently.

the newgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I havent been on the DSX forums since I got banned for saying I got an M3, I check here once in a while to see if an updates been released as I do still use my DSX. If Guru showed up at the DSX forums you know its just for damage limitation, you cant believe a word these people say only seeing is believing now. They have just lied to us all too long, I doubt a new firmware will come out, weve been led on a charade way to long now, if one does come out I can see there being no ARM7 fix, they can justify it with their no rom support stance. amemoryoncelost I hope you enjoy your new cart, I love mine, just prepared to be banned the way I was for "no longer being a DS-Xtreme user" as Rabid1 put it!

amemoryoncelost

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm still undecided which route I go, but I should be getting a good amount of my money back for what I paid for it in the first place. I think I might go cyclo. Their team is active in the forums and with providing updates. Either that or possibly a supercard. Will be sold and I'm done, cannot wait! Actually, can wait since I won't have a cart for a couple weeks...

gedly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So here is a post I just made over at their forums. Really, I think we all need to take a look at what's going on. I've heard from reliable sources and from reviews posted online(9-17-07btw), that the 1.1.3 firmware will not fix the arm7 problem that is the main issue at hand. Seriously, I don't care about any of the fancy things that were in the future for us all. I want compatibility. Nothing else, I just want this thing to do what I told it would do when I bought it. Too much to ask for apparently. I'm not waiting for someone else to fix the problem, someone to hack the firmware and actually, I'm not even waiting for the team to fix the problem either.

I made a comment in the "dsx in serious trouble" thread I started that the 1.1.3 firmware was in fact already months old (something suggested here by reveng) and therefore, even the release of said firmware:

a) won't fix recent compatibility probs
b) does not prove the team are still active because it's old code (and if it was good enough to release, why didn't they release it earlier, suggesting they are issuing a firmware that was never intended for public consumption to placate the pissed off user base)

Just a theory but I looked forward to peoples thoughts and guess what? That part of the post got deleted by rabid. That's why I immediately ceased posting there.

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Why ban a user when you can just delete his post? Not to mention calling the users name like a 10 years old kid would, first delete/edit the user's post and then call him a dirtbag, that's the Ds-x way. And then they wonder why so many people leave nasty comments on their site?! Do they think everything goes away by doing that?
The mods know very well what's going on, helping the main Ds-x team screw over a few more customers, I sure wouldn't want that reputation, no integrity, no balls and no respect.

IF YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM. Stop screwing people over Ds-x mods, you represent ds-x, there's no one else.
lecture.gif

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
This kind of thing always happens when there's too much competition in a given market. Look back at the Unix Wars and see how many Unixes, Linuxes, etc there are now.

Companies need to slow down. Rather than reinvent the wheel by introducing yet more flash cart models, work to improve ones already proven reliable.

amemoryoncelost

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it's all about the mighty dollar theclaw. Well, whatever it is where you live. Just waiting on payment for my ds-x and it's out the door and then gonna try to pick a cart and wish you well on a firmware update...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Why am I always late to the party?