Hardware Most 3DS games installed?

heygravity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Simple question - What is the highest number of 3DS games you guys have installed on your 3DS console?

I'm thinking of getting a new 2DS XL, hacking it (using 3ds.guide as I am a total noob) and installing a bunch of 3DS ROMs (i.e. top 100)... I'm wondering how many games (max) could be installed with various SD card setups?

I'd maybe leave a little room for SNES emulation but that wouldn't take up too much space.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know getting CFW for the first time can be exciting, and make you want to go on a piracy backup installing spree, but you'll probably just install things because you can and a week later, be like "I have nothing to play".
We've all been there lol. Personal recommendation, but just install stuff you're planning to play within a reasonable timescale.

To answer your question though, the limitation of the 3DS home menu is 300 titles, though you can install more if you boot them via other means - though you really should never need more than 300 titles, even if you go mad installing Virtual Console.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

heygravity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know getting CFW for the first time can be exciting, and make you want to go on a piracy backup installing spree, but you'll probably just install things because you can and a week later, be like "I have nothing to play".
We've all been there lol. Personal recommendation, but just install stuff you're planning to play within a reasonable timescale.

To answer your question though, the limitation of the 3DS home menu is 300 titles, though you can install more if you boot them via other means - though you really should never need more than 300 titles, even if you go mad installing Virtual Console.

Agreed, that's way more than necessary! It's actually for my 4yo son so I was planning on skimming through the various list of "best 3DS games" to curate somewhere upwards of 25 3DS games I think he'll enjoy... Plus some classic NES/SNES games as he already has a NES mini (and a SNES mini on pre-order), so he might as well have those games on-the-go too.

Reasonably, how big an SD card is likely to be necessary for this venture?

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Agreed, that's way more than necessary! It's actually for my 4yo son so I was planning on skimming through the various list of "best 3DS games" to curate somewhere upwards of 25 3DS games I think he'll enjoy... Plus some classic NES/SNES games as he already has a NES mini (and a SNES mini on pre-order), so he might as well have those games on-the-go too.

Reasonably, how big an SD card is likely to be necessary for this venture?
32GB would probably be good for you. There are a few rather large games, but most 3DS titles are less than 1GB.

Reactions: heygravity

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1