Tutorial More-or-less Catch-All Tutorial

Switch CFW tutorial to focus on ReiNAND?

• Switch to ReiNAND (Lighter footprint, seems to work better in most systems, native regionfree TBD)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Keep using rxTools (Unstable, build Dropbox host goes down every other day, generally troublesome)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just signed up to say this tutorial is fantastically well written and helped a lot!

Having now completed the tutorial and separated my Sys-Emunand, how do I get GBA/DSi titles to work?
I haven't actually tried to use AGB-TWL, but I believe you have to install DSiWare and GBA VC titles to sysNAND and load Cakes with the emuNAND patch disabled to open sysNAND with signature checks disabled and boot up your DSi/GBA titles from there.

I've noticed this has dropped rxtools and put CakesFW instead.

Has RXTools become obsolete? Is it worth changing it to cakesFW?

People kept having issues nonstop with rxTools, so I decided to just switch out and use Cakes instead.
The lack of any complaints is somewhat telling, in a way.

Guys ive been looking for hours and cant find anything. My sysupdater for downgrading from 10.3 to 9.2 freezes on the screen where i have my options on menuhax and on browserhax aswell any help plz.

Keep trying until it works, and make sure you're using Julian20's sysUpdater, the Libkhax build is much more reliable in terms of boot rate.

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand how we get the new firmware.bin

I tried doing the old method (running it as .bat file) but it does nothing.

cri

edit: oh those are literally just urls lol

Last edited by Reserved,

RomuloCJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Please, can you help me?
In the tutorial ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-more-or-less-catch-all-tutorial.407080/ ) i stopped in the

"10. Rename the Homebrew Menu's boot.3dsx to HBL8.3dsx and drop CTRBootManager's boot.3dsx and paste the boot.cfg in the spoilers above into your SD card root"

I downloaded the CTRBootManager from this post, but in the zip don´t have any boot.3dsx. Where i find this boot.3dsx? I already renamed the homebrew menu´s boot.3dsx, but don´t find the CTRBootManager´s boot.3dsx.

JokeTriple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Place 3DS/EmuNAND9 and Decrypt9WIP/ into the 3ds/ folder."
Can someone make sense of this for me? Does he want me to put the 3DS folder that comes in the emunand9 download into the 3ds folder to make 3ds/3DS/emunand9, or does he just want me to put it into the root?

And what about all the other files in the emunand9 download? Like the .dat, .nds, .bin, and the lone EmuNAND9 folder?

Last edited by JokeTriple,

Squirtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eritrea
Please, can you help me?
In the tutorial ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-more-or-less-catch-all-tutorial.407080/ ) i stopped in the

"10. Rename the Homebrew Menu's boot.3dsx to HBL8.3dsx and drop CTRBootManager's boot.3dsx and paste the boot.cfg in the spoilers above into your SD card root"

I downloaded the CTRBootManager from this post, but in the zip don´t have any boot.3dsx. Where i find this boot.3dsx? I already renamed the homebrew menu´s boot.3dsx, but don´t find the CTRBootManager´s boot.3dsx.
Romulo vc tenta baixar d enovo o ctrlbootmanager vem dois arquivos se quiser te passo.

Reactions: RomuloCJ

Squirtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eritrea
Hi I'm new to modding Nintendo products I have a 2DS which is on OFW 10.1.0 and looking to use it for CIA's and maybe a few Emulators what is the best way to go do i downgrade it to 9.2 or just go ahead a follow all the steps on page 1?.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already but it's taking forever to scroll through 30 pages of posts

I started watching this tutorial where the guy is using this thread and he is on 9.2

Best tutorial ever! Fixed everything thanks mate.

Reactions: ExcideSC

ExcideSC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi i just started the tutorial to upgrade to CFW but for some reason i dont understand the starter pack bit to get my homebrew launcher installed again as i formatted my sd card after i did the downgrade??!! ive moved the files onto the SD card but what im confused about is the yls8 link what address am i supposed to be using as i tried the sliderhax link but seems to load nothing in the browser

So I guess I've buggered up my browser so now it won't work.. what if I upgrade back to 10.3 then downgrade again to 9.2 but this time not to clear my SD card that way once I've downgraded again I can boot the homebrew launcher straight up and use cake ?? Do you think that might solve the problem

Last edited by ExcideSC,

JokeTriple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After injecting the health&safety, the 3DS seems to freeze when the colors on the screen change to yellow for ctrboot. Is there any way to fix this?

Edit: Fixed itself after rebooting numerous times...

Last edited by JokeTriple,

hausa51

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Sgt. Lulz,

successfully downgraded from 10.3E to 9.2E on an O3DS.
After 15 min or so on "Updates installed. Rebooting in 10 seconds ...", powered off the 3DS. After removing the SD-Card and then again "Power On" the 3DS booted into the 9.2E. :)
And after that also successfully installed the CFW.

Thanks for the great guide!

hausa51

JokeTriple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you made a guide for if you want to move the files to a larger SD card? I might do it soon but I don't know if emuNAND will automatically carry over or what the method of transferring to another SD is (beyond drag and drop)

az4521

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you made a guide for if you want to move the files to a larger SD card? I might do it soon but I don't know if emuNAND will automatically carry over or what the method of transferring to another SD is (beyond drag and drop)
you could try using linux's DD to copy the sd card to a bigger one, then gparted to resize the main FAT32 partition.

shadowharold

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
As of Rev. ~105, yes.
You just need the new keyfile and the firmware.bin and you're good to go.
Awesome another question, if I have a emunand with rxtools already on a new3ds what do I need to do to change to cakesfw, and would I lose my cias and saves? Thanks for your response.

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome another question, if I have a emunand with rxtools already on a new3ds what do I need to do to change to cakesfw, and would I lose my cias and saves? Thanks for your response.
No, not really.
All you'd have to do is uninstall rxTools and drop Cakes in in its place. Effectively, you'd just have to skip part of step 1 and jump straight to step 21(!), and replace the old boot.cfg with the new one (Or if you have already edited it, just replace "/rxTools/sys/code.bin" with "/Cakes.dat".)

qaz855175b

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hey man,I unlinked my NANDs and formatted my emuNAND from this toturial.The problem is both system's NNID are different now.Are there any possibility to restore my NNID in emuNAND?

Can I use "injection" function in rxtools to restore sysNAND's backup to emuNAND ?
Make both system's NNID same.
Thanks.:)

Ps. I'm o3DS

Sorry,my English isn't very well :P

Last edited by qaz855175b,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol