OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nayA0Z3cG8[/youtube]
psp_2-17458721.jpg

QUOTE said:
In the video below you will see short demonstration of all key features of the Vita including all Live Area types, 3G Friend Network, Welcome Park, some kind of calendar and even few seconds of PSP’s Monster Hunter Portable 3rd.
I didn't see anyone post this (Looks old) so I decided to steal this opportunity and post it myself.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest I thought they would you the XrossMediaBar thing or whatever they call it these days as they said they were going to start using it in their newer TVs as well as of course the PSP and PS3

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
seriously, the new GUI doesn't look good. XMB works much better IMO.

I wonder if those icons are themeable?

Also, I wonder if we can navigate through the icons and such with the d-pad. I don't want to touch all over the screen...

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
0.o I feel the pain now already! Sorry but this does not look to good for my hands.

I prefer the PS3 and PSP gui over this one.(3DS one is even more perfect)

It may just be the person, how he holds it but yeah.
tongue.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why people are hating on the GUI, especially compared to the PSPs. The PSPs required you to go through all these categories by scrolling via D-Pad and clicking. At least with the touchscreen you can just poke what you want to do and it happens, I don't have to scroll through a bunch of things to get to what I want.

Also, a big annoyance with the PSP's GUI for me was game organization. I don't think Sony anticipated people to download so many games but when scrolling through all the crap on my Go, it takes a while for me to get to the bottom. And you can't organize them by genre or title. So if I want to play Burnout Legends (something I put on my Go a long time ago but has stayed on there since), I have to scroll to the near bottom of my list. I don't know if the Vita GUI will fix this, but one could hope (although I doubt I'll be downloading that many games).

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think those balls / bubbles looks like shit.

I'd rather have them as squares, in a grid system / customizable on several screens much like the iOS, android OS, 3DS OS, and Wii OS somewhat.

I want to have the icons that I would use the most accessible easily on the left side of the screen for example, and slide to other pages to get to those I don't use daily. Or something like the XMB, but maybe polished a little bit more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1