More Left 4 Dead 2 DLC on the way

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Valve has revealed the next batch of downloadable content coming to Left 4 Dead 2. There's something old—maps from the original Left 4 Dead—and something new—a campaign called "Cold Stream"—coming for owners of Left 4 Dead 2.

The official Left 4 Dead blog writes that the three remaining campaigns from the first game, Blood Harvest, Dead Air and Death Toll, will be released as part of a map pack for Left 4 Dead 2. Presumably, that will come with balance changes, bug fixes and whatever else it takes to make those levels mesh with Left 4 Dead 2's style of gameplay.

Additionally, the community-made campaign "Cold Stream" will also come to the PC, Xbox 360 and Mac. Expect it to be story-free, which Valve says makes it possible to deliver these things faster.

No date, no pricing announced yet. But if you're looking for a little more detail, read on.
[/p]

Source

Having all the L4D maps (outside of Crash Course) on L4D2 is just awesome. I can't wait. Plus Cold Stream should be good.

Odds are it'll be free for the PC (since I'm pretty sure you can get all these maps already, just not as mods) and the typical 560 MS Points/$7 for the Xbox 360 version.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do like the idea of L4D maps in L4D2, only it's more a question of if I want to run a game at 25 fps or 15 fps.

Goddamn I need a new laptop.

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Eh, couldn't care less. Left 4 Dead lost it's Wow factor. L4D2 sucked compared to the first one.
How so? I prefer l4d2 over l4d1 because, of the better weapons, bigger maps, and the chainsaw.

My favorite l4d map was blood harvest, and I never cared for the mods that people made porting it too l4d2.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
L4D2 didn't suck at all compared to the first...There wasn't a difference besides new maps, weapons, and characters. The campaigns were much better on L4D2 as well, or at least IMO. Not to mention more game modes, etc.

Personally, I think most people that say L4D was awesome and L4D2 suck are just following the crowd, like a lot of people who hate certain games do.

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
People just seem to hate l4d2 because it came so quick after l4d1, but if you play it runs faster, looks better, and just all around better.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sputnix said:
People just seem to hate l4d2 because it came so quick after l4d1, but if you play it runs faster, looks better, and just all around better.

Actually no. I played L4D to death. Then when I found out that L4D2 was coming, I was so excited. I was literally anxious to play it. Played it, and I just didn't care much for it. Went back to the original and I found myself playing that more again, than I did with the second. I just thought the maps were better, the characters were a lot better as it was a stereotypical movie type cast, and I just found the gameplay better. Sure there were more weapons in the second, but I just found that they ruined the game instead of adding to it.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
ShadowSoldier said:
sputnix said:

Actually no. I played L4D to death. Then when I found out that L4D2 was coming, I was so excited. I was literally anxious to play it. Played it, and I just didn't care much for it. Went back to the original and I found myself playing that more again, than I did with the second. I just thought the maps were better, the characters were a lot better as it was a stereotypical movie type cast, and I just found the gameplay better. Sure there were more weapons in the second, but I just found that they ruined the game instead of adding to it.
I agree. Left 4 Dead 2 has more of everything, but most things that were added don't really improve the game. Still, I like L4D2 a lot, and many of my friends only play the second game. For that reason alone, I'm excited for this DLC.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Awesome. I bought L4D and L4D2 at the same time, I played the first two L4D campaigns and then I played L4D2 and never played L4D again. I like L4D2 better since the cast is awesome (didn't like the characters in L4D so much) and more stuff in the game.

So I guess getting the other maps (since I don't own L4D anymore) is cool since I've only played the first two.

Also finally, community made maps on XBL. I don't mind paying for them at all since it's a damn good game.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
ZAFDeltaForce said:
tails100 said:
I like the L4D characters better =D
This.

At least the chick L4D was hot. The one in L4D2 is fat AND annoying. Quite a combination.
Wait, wut...

1) You're basing characters in a video game based on how hot they are...lulz
2) Rochelle isn't fat. Unless you're getting Rochelle confused with Coach.

dills2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i hope its free and includes ellis saying something funny at the start of the level

if its free who wants to help me complete it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.