Homebrew Moonshell2.0 beta6 release

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Moonlight has released a fixed nds file concerning the bug of "memory leak" when launching a homebrew.
wink.gif

soldialga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there still a bug when you open directory when you play music like hiccup
beta 5 was fine when deleting logbuf.txt
beta 6 still have promblem even logbuf.txt deleted

any way to fix this
wink2.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ok, this seems way to awesome...damm, I gave my Flashcard to a Friend, so I can't try it out...this results in two questions:

1) Anyone made a Video of Beta 6?
2) Will it be able to display covers of Music-Files? I don't think so, but I hope that he implemented this, or will
smile.gif

Thanks in Advance
wink.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Here's the English-translated MoonShell 2.0 Beta 6.1.

Some of the text doesn't fit because English words aren't as compact as Japanese kanji, so I had to abbreviate in a lot of places. I'm still finding spots where the text doesn't fit, but these will be fixed tomorrow. It's late (early morning?) and I'm dead-tired. I'll have a fully-translated changelog ready unless someone else beats me to it by the time I wake up. My plan is to translate EVERYTHING that's new, much in the same way it was done with the Beta 5 English release.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Awesome, densetsu. Will you be releasing the messages.000 separately from the next version? I don't want to waste my bandwidth downloading it three times, so I could download this one now and the messages when you've updated them. Otherwise I can just wait for your finished version, I can handle the Japanese version for now.

9600pro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Densetsu3000 said:
Here's the English-translated MoonShell 2.0 Beta 6.1.

Some of the text doesn't fit because English words aren't as compact as Japanese kanji, so I had to abbreviate in a lot of places. I'm still finding spots where the text doesn't fit, but these will be fixed tomorrow. It's late (early morning?) and I'm dead-tired. I'll have a fully-translated changelog ready unless someone else beats me to it by the time I wake up. My plan is to translate EVERYTHING that's new, much in the same way it was done with the Beta 5 English release.
Thanks again for your work! You rock!!!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
Awesome, densetsu. Will you be releasing the messages.000 separately from the next version? I don't want to waste my bandwidth downloading it three times, so I could download this one now and the messages when you've updated them. Otherwise I can just wait for your finished version, I can handle the Japanese version for now.
It's actually the messages.932 file I changed, because that's the one that loads by default. I wanted English to be the default language, but if everyone prefers it the way you mentioned, it's only a matter of simply renaming messages.932 to messages.000 and re-copying the original Japanese messages.932 file to the language folder.

And yes, when I update the files, I'll add the updates to the main download package, and I'll also make a smaller download available that contains only the updated files, but the smaller download will only be hosted on a temporary mirror like MegaUpload, Sendspace, Rapidshare, etc. I'll post any new info here whenever I update so it'll always be in the first post and not end up lost somewhere in the middle of this thread.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Sounds good, appreciate it given my crappy Australian connection.

Just a note though, your download includes the old NDS file. At the bottom of Moonlight's page is a link to a fixed version, apparently something to do with booting homebrew in 6.1. That is, there have been three updates, beta 6.0, beta 6.1, and beta 6.1 fix. Your package includes beta 6.1, not the fixed version. Not a big deal, just something to fix for the next version.

siriochan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's extremely slow in rendering images, someone knows why? previous releases were faster, as they didn't geneerate any "image map" on upper screen =_=' this release, however, spend too much time in rendering the image map, it takes ages =_='

At least, it doesn't freeze anymore...

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
Thank you, even this crude translation helps a great deal.
yaynds.gif

I kinda miss the old "windows" style appearance, but this new file listing and text reader is all very nice.
But yeah, like siriochan said images do render slower, but not painfully slow.

Unless you need high detail, I recommend using Easy Graphic Converter to batch export your desired images to a bunch of 256 by 192 jpegs or pngs.

Edit: The random music player is kind of ew, its so random that it might play the same track twice in a short time span.
I miss the shuffle function.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope these changes carry over in future releases of Sakura. I just learned that the one we have now is still bugged in its video player.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Joe88 said:
eltrut said:
So Moonlight just stopped working for M3 and not homebrew entirely i take it?
he was paid to make sakura and that was it

then he said that m3 team didnt pay him and he was leaving for good but then then m3 team (well g6team on the this forum) said he did get paid
and that was about, everything died out
no one found out who was lying or telling the truth
He never said he didn't get paid at all. Of course he must have got paid initially, or he wouldn't have started working on it. Later, he asked M3 Japan for a cut of the profit, but they refused. He implied this was unfair since even after he made Sakura he continued to work on it ironing out bugs for M3.

Anyway, this, coupled with all the shit he gets from people on the Interweb in general, caused him to go emo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.