Homebrew Moonshell v2 question

robert91794

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whenever I put moonshell to my flashcart(Acekard 2i) and starting to load up it says I have to backup files and format the memory and I format my memory many times and still Moonshell still shows that message. Please how do you avoid this.

env

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe there's one or two important files that you might have erased while backup/formatting your card, moonshl2/internal folder is prone to that error in moonshell 2 because of DiskCheck.
Try to compare your "source" moonshell2.05 moonshl2/internal files to the one at moonshl2/internal folder in your card, and see if there's one missing.
or to make things easier.. why not download moonshell2.05 again and re-install it then turn off DiskCheck.
hope this helps, sorry for the bad grammar
dry.gif

WeakNiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can use moonshell 2.0+ with the AceKard. There's an older version of moonshell on the acekard site you can use though. Just stick it to the root.

sonicwii24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have moonshell 2.05 running on my Acekard 2i with A.K.A.I.O. 1.5 running perfectly. This is what you need to do, put the moonshell2 folder in the root of your micro sd card, you need both the direct boot and moonshell2. In my case I have an application folder, inside that folder i have the direct boot and moonshell2 (you need to use the direct boot but moonshell 2 needs to be present), in the root directory is my moonshell2 folder. I wasn't able to run moonshell 2.05 with A.K.A.I.O. 1.4.1 [Proper]. I can run it now after upgrading to 1.5. Hope it helps!!

robert91794

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sonicwii24 said:
I have moonshell 2.05 running on my Acekard 2i with A.K.A.I.O. 1.5 running perfectly. This is what you need to do, put the moonshell2 folder in the root of your micro sd card, you need both the direct boot and moonshell2. In my case I have an application folder, inside that folder i have the direct boot and moonshell2 (you need to use the direct boot but moonshell 2 needs to be present), in the root directory is my moonshell2 folder. I wasn't able to run moonshell 2.05 with A.K.A.I.O. 1.4.1 [Proper]. I can run it now after upgrading to 1.5. Hope it helps!!

oh so the only problem is the directboot. i also have the A.K.A.I.O. 1.5 firmware. so i put the direct boot and moonshl2 in the root of the acekard 2i and after it loads, its still show that message in japanese
mad.gif
I'm sorry but this doesn't help

Posts merged

QUOTE(env @ Sep 28 2009, 08:29 PM) Maybe there's one or two important files that you might have erased while backup/formatting your card, moonshl2/internal folder is prone to that error in moonshell 2 because of DiskCheck.
Try to compare your "source" moonshell2.05 moonshl2/internal files to the one at moonshl2/internal folder in your card, and see if there's one missing.
or to make things easier.. why not download moonshell2.05 again and re-install it then turn off DiskCheck.
hope this helps, sorry for the bad grammar
dry.gif

No I don't think I erased the missing file that you said I download Moonshell 2.05 so many times.And I'm sorry but what is DiskCheck how do you turn that off?

WeakNiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you, stupid? You don't have to yell/scream, all he is trying to do is help.
Can anyone give me a step by step process?
I found the download for 2.05, but I don't know what to do next.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WeakNiZ said:
What are you, stupid? You don't have to yell/scream, all he is trying to do is help.
extract it,place the moonshl2 folder in the root of your sd card(that is,if you don't know,the part where you open your sd card in the pc where all files can be seen)and moonshl2.nds anywhere(rename can be alright)

WeakNiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
WeakNiZ said:
extract it,place the moonshl2 folder in the root of your sd card(that is,if you don't know,the part where you open your sd card in the pc where all files can be seen)and moonshl2.nds anywhere(rename can be alright)

Thank You
Thank You!
Thank You!!

robert91794

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WeakNiZ said:

oh sorry i already edited it.think of my post as i am excited hehehe

Posts merged

lolzed said:
QUOTE(WeakNiZ @ Sep 29 2009, 09:44 AM) What are you, stupid? You don't have to yell/scream, all he is trying to do is help.

i already done that. tha only problem is that moonshell 2.05 tells me to backup files and format the sd card pls help

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmm,well if you reformatted with panasonic formatter/official formatter(never use windows)and followed those steps,try dldi-ing moonshl2.nds(although i doubt this would be the case,akaio does auto-dldi)if none above works,then i don't know what will,try downloading moonshell again,maybe something went wrong

robert91794

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lolzed said:
hmm,well if you reformatted with panasonic formatter/official formatter(never use windows)and followed those steps,try dldi-ing moonshl2.nds(although i doubt this would be the case,akaio does auto-dldi)if none above works,then i don't know what will,try downloading moonshell again,maybe something went wrong

i have akaio 1.5 firmware. i download moonshell 2.05 many times and i still get that message....

env

Trophies
XP
Country
^can you post some pic of what's inside your root, moonshl2 and internal folder?
maybe moonshell 2 doesn't like you?
tongue.gif
kidding.

robert91794

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
env said:
^can you post some pic of what's inside your root, moonshl2 and internal folder?
maybe moonshell 2 doesn't like you?
tongue.gif
kidding.

no i don't need to. because i download moonshell 2.05 in gbatemp downloads

wii-4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome it work what i did is download 2.05 stable from the website and i copy and paste onto my sd card didnt work but when i right click on the folder and add to archive with winrar then i extract and it work perfectly no errors! i am so happy lol

Posts merged

now i can movies hellz yeah lolo

Posts merged

well it kind always get a error but it doesnt do anything to me

Posts merged

atm i am watching mewtwo strikes back mewtwo( why you flee you afraid i better then you) lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays