Moonshell v.1.5 & DPGTools v.1.2 out

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am writing a manual DPG creation guide using QuEnc and TMPGenc (actually it was finished but I decided to add in TMPGenc and mess around with a few more options, filters and functions so it is back to still being worked on).
One of those options was a new matrix: QuEnc supports XVID type and TMPGenc can have one defined in the UI so I spent ages converting the same video which I watched, various videophiles I know and those who do not care were shown and asked to comment upon.
In the end it turns out people like something like this
Code:
DDDDDD
DXDDXD
DDDDDD
DXDDXD
DDDDDD
X is low detail and D is high(er) detail and the detail appreciated is skewed towards the right hand side of the picture slightly.

Firon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, BatchDPG 1.2+ is using the KVCD matrix now, so I guess you'd have to compare yours to that one.

Also, I've tried encoding with TMPGEnc, and the quality honestly comes out quite noticeable worse than the results I get with mencoder (which BatchDPG is using). And the video came out larger to boot.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
here kicks off rudolphs fix for EZ4
smile.gif

cool indeed. looking forward to see it being included in the fatlib
smile.gif

btw, does trying to run a GBA or NDS rom from moonshell still brick the EZ4?
biggrin.gif

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I didn't know it's already possible to access the RAM module from Opera. If it's possible for homebrew to access it it would be a great advantage for Slot-1 solutions (DS Linux, ...)

LS5

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
FAST6191, I just compared a MEncoder encode (using the Ultra profile and 2 passes in BatchDPG v1.3 beta 2) to a QuEnc encode (using -2 -hq -vbr -scene -trell -extreme) and I can only conclude that the MEncoder encode looked noticeably better (though I must say it also took a fair bit longer to complete). In any case, I'd recommend you to look into MEncoder, in my opinion it is a lot more powerful, unless the custom matrix you mentioned can perform miracles.

Firon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ilovengage: Clearly it is possible for homebrew to do so ('cause Moonshell did it...), but the amount of RAM it has is not as good as an M3/SC, though an additional 10MB is still probably a lot for a system with only 4.

LS5: even if the matrix can perform miracles for QuEnc, applying the matrix to Mencoder should technically give even better results (since that's what I did with tmpgenc vs mencoder).

Firon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it uses it for the rare occasion that you load some 10MB PNG or JPEG. It only uses 16MB of the PSRAM though, not all 32.

On a DPG1/DPG2 related note, I've been having a problem with DPGPlay that I can't figure out how to fix. DPG1 files come out way too dark (DPG2 too probably), and I can only assume that it's related to the pixel format. However, I don't know how to get mplayer to handle the different pixel format.
Does anyone have any ideas? I'd appreciate some help.

I also wish people would stop using dpgenc and use BatchDPG only, 'cause dpgenc's quality sucks.
biggrin.gif

cmonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could anyone tell me if the window is supposed to look frozen when I use the DPG tool? It looks frozen when it goes into the "Encode Videostream" mode.

How long does it usually take for it to finish converting a 18 mb movie file at default settings? My video's been at the same place for about 20 minutes now without any hint of progression. Also tried it on different videos and got the same results.

Firon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not normal at all. It shouldn't be frozen like that. If it's been frozen for 20m, it's probably not encoding at all.

LS5

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try setting ResumeUsingWhileMusicPlaying in global.ini to 0. The documentation states it saves the progress every 5 seconds so that might be the cause.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
biggrin.gif

You can't load games off of Moonshell with your EZ4 Deluxe? I just got mine today in the mail not completley sure...you do load games off of it dont you. Someone explain please
unsure.gif
DO NOT BOOT NDS CODE FROM WITHIN MOONSHELL
lecture.gif

If you do, you will almost certainly have a brick on your hands !!!
corey was working on a failsafe check, but why would you want to risk it anyway ??

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif

You can't load games off of Moonshell with your EZ4 Deluxe? I just got mine today in the mail not completley sure...you do load games off of it dont you. Someone explain please
unsure.gif
DO NOT BOOT NDS CODE FROM WITHIN MOONSHELL
lecture.gif

If you do, you will almost certainly have a brick on your hands !!!
corey was working on a failsafe check, but why would you want to risk it anyway ??

Then what is moonshell for then...only music, movies?

How do I boot the nds and gba games then?

feel like such a n00b.

I am a EZFlashIVLite user just like you ?? what do i do.
unsure.gif
hate2.gif

cmonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess I'll stick with BatchDPG for now since this is giving me problems. :/

Anyone know if I'm supposed to install any video codec? Everything works fine with the DGPTool until it gets to the Encode videostream part and it just freezes.

Firon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dpgenc does not use your system's codecs, I think.

Anyway, we might just be able to implement DPG2 support into BatchDPG.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto