Moonshell stuttering when playing MP3s

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Gagigagu, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Gagigagu
    OP

Gagigagu Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Canada
    Every few seconds of playing a song, it stutters and pauses for a tenth of a second, then resumes playing. It's kind of annoying. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance

2. Bently

Bently GBAtemp Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Yes it is very annoying , but I don't think there will be a fix for it.
    The cause of it is because whenever you play a song and you don't touch any button
    or the touchscreen it switches to the screensaver/wallpaper and you hear the short pause.

It could be fixed if you can somehow turn off the screensaver.

3. vannan

vannan Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2010
    United States
    can you just close the ds, when it's playing music, closing the ds doesn't put it in sleep mode. I never had any stuttering problem

4. dragon2100

dragon2100 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I am having stuttering issues but it happens when i change tracks in moonshell 2. hope someone can help. i am using version 2.10 stable. the lid is closed and it still stutters. using 8gb micro sd card class 4. stuttering lasts a second. pisses me off.

5. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

GBAtemp Patron
    jurassicplayer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    It could be because you have a lot of data in a single folder, but the only way to fix those sort of issues would be to split up the files (maybe not a great way of doing things). Alternatively, when you want to listen to music, you could try just using regular moonshell since it isn't heavy space-wise and doesn't have a problem with the number of files in a folder or the stuttering (for the most part, unless you have a strange file), although if you do plan to use Moonshell1, I would suggest Xenon++'s since it is the latest version, but that is all up to you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice