Moonshell stuttering when playing MP3s

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Gagigagu, Mar 14, 2010.

Mar 14, 2010
  1. Gagigagu
    OP

Newcomer Gagigagu Member

Canada
    Every few seconds of playing a song, it stutters and pauses for a tenth of a second, then resumes playing. It's kind of annoying. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance

2. Bently

Member Bently GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Yes it is very annoying , but I don't think there will be a fix for it.
    The cause of it is because whenever you play a song and you don't touch any button
    or the touchscreen it switches to the screensaver/wallpaper and you hear the short pause.

It could be fixed if you can somehow turn off the screensaver.

3. vannan

Newcomer vannan Newbie

United States
    can you just close the ds, when it's playing music, closing the ds doesn't put it in sleep mode. I never had any stuttering problem

4. dragon2100

Newcomer dragon2100 Member

United States
    I am having stuttering issues but it happens when i change tracks in moonshell 2. hope someone can help. i am using version 2.10 stable. the lid is closed and it still stutters. using 8gb micro sd card class 4. stuttering lasts a second. pisses me off.

5. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    It could be because you have a lot of data in a single folder, but the only way to fix those sort of issues would be to split up the files (maybe not a great way of doing things). Alternatively, when you want to listen to music, you could try just using regular moonshell since it isn't heavy space-wise and doesn't have a problem with the number of files in a folder or the stuttering (for the most part, unless you have a strange file), although if you do plan to use Moonshell1, I would suggest Xenon++'s since it is the latest version, but that is all up to you.