Hacking Moonshell Problems + Game Loading problems!

Cyclone999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cyclone999.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Okay.....nobody has answered yet. My friend's moonshell is chinese and he has a DS lite which sorta cracked on the side of the DS Lite (lol) and everytime he starts moonshell all he gets is the top screen BLUE and bottom screen BLACK. Can anyone help?

Then, the loading problems. I am trying to get WORKING DS roms but sometimes it has a loading error and it doesn't work! Can someone tell me WHAT to do? I have the latest kernel of the R4DS (1.18) and that's it.......

These roms don't work for me:

Megaman Star Force (
mad.gif
)
The World Ends With You
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
D*ragon Quest Monsters: Joker

Can someone HELP????

seracrux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
post more details, such as content of the microSD (also folder structure), etc.
You are talking about one flash cart/microSD with two problems(moonshell and ROM loading)?

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
umm... for your problem, copy the ENTIRE contents of your mcroSD onto your PC and then reformat it. then copy everything back. helped me. If the R4 firmware is patched (with yasu's R4bugfix2) then some games don't work with cheats.
With moonshell, GET A NEW VERSION!'nuff said

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
R4DS always come with the latest Moonshell

Top screen blue and bottom screen black is the background when Moonshell is loading. Really. is there any letters or words on both of the screens? If so, then re-install your firmware, maybe the moonshell folder was not installed correctly.

try to use English version of v1.18, that might help you to understand what is displayed there

R4DS kernel v1.18 should work with all the games you typed. TWEWY was fixed in 1.17. Megaman, Advance Wars, and Dragon Quest should work fine too. I personally is playing TWEWY, Advance Wras, and Megaman. it might be

1.the contact is lost, I can't help much, I'm no R4 techinician
2.the ROM is broken, try to download a new one
3.your microSD is broken or faulty, try to re-format it
4.your R4 is faulty, buy a new R4
5.your NDS is faulty, try to use your R4 in different NDS, or different microSD, that might give a different result

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raestloz said:
R4DS always come with the latest Moonshell
wrong.

how can u expect a product that could be on the shelves for weeks or even months to have the latest update? (that's y they don't even ship r4s with the cd anymore. it's pointless).besides, just google a new one, it seems like urs is corrupted or something.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is really there a new Moonshell? Maybe I'm outdated, I never actually try to find a Moonshell. I didn't use it much, just for reading guides.

Oh, and for Cyclone, try to find someone with R4 and working Moonshell. Just copy his Moonshellfolder, that might work. My brother in law did the same thing, he copied mine

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
first, moonshell is not going to be updated anymore, so yes, 1.18 or 1.17 would come with the "latest" or the final version of moonshell.

1. Try playing your game with soft reset off.

2. Try playing your game with no cheats.

3. Degrade your R4 to 1.17 and see if it works.

4. Make sure you got your 1.18 kernel from a trusted site

5. Format your microSD (dont forget to backup your files) and try again

And please post more info. did it work on previous firmwares? you sure you are not getting roms from wierd sites?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup