Hacking Moonshell on Acekard 2.1

yabasi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im planning to use moonshell on acekard 2.1 but which version is the most stable and runs the best on acekard with akaio 1.5. and the default player on acekard (the ipod looking one), do i have to take it out or i can just put moonshell in? Thnx

Twilight Loz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 1.5 firmware and I have moonshell 2.02. It works perfectly. And as far as i know, if you have moonshell and play an mp3 file, it goes into the ipod mode.

drobb

Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using moonshell 2.05 stable and have had no problems with it. as far as i know (havent tested) the "ipod" player was removed in v1.5 as it was a plugin and they removed the plugin system as it was old and badly written (or something like that) dpg's play fine with moonshell.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yabasi said:
ok ty, what if its a DPG video, will it go into moonshell?
You need to boot the moonshl2_directboot.nds, then select the .dpg file or .mp3 file using moonshells file browser. Trying to boot the .dpg or .mp3 file directly with AKAIO wont work because AKAIO wont show it.

yabasi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thnx... well i dwlded the 2.05 stable and i dont know how to put it in XD i know i dont need the readmes but do i need like language select.exe or linktoDPG and etc

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh....you didn't read the readme file?
It tells you what to do -.-

But since I'm taking the time to write this anyway, I won't be an ass, and say put the moonshl2, and directboot.nds files and the moonshl2 folder on the root of the flash drive. Run the non directboot one first, as I don't think you get a language selection screen if you run directboot without running the regular file at least once.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: the internet