Moonshell Music, Volume Problem.

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by DavMaestro, Jun 19, 2009.

Jun 19, 2009
  1. DavMaestro
    OP

Newcomer DavMaestro Member

Australia
    Well, when I'm listening to music on moonshell from my TTDS I press 'X' to turn the volume up, and once it's at 400 the music kinda turns muffled and sounds recorded bad, and when I turn it down I can't hear it the best. Any Links? Programs? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] It would be a big help. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    I feel this should be in the DS Homebrew section or Hardware section, but if you ask me, you should buy headphones. It's sure to increase the quality. If you want a different player, then there's LMP-ng
    or Moonshell 2. But go with the headphones.

3. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    IIRC, Moonshell uses tricks/techniques to achieve greater software amplification of audio.
    This unavoidably distorts the quality of the sound.

For normal sound quality you must leave it at 100% and only use the volume slider.

So in a nutshell, the only way you can achieve the same clarity of sound at higher volume levels is through better or louder earphones (maybe noise cancelling?) or perhaps some kind of hardware amplifier between your DS and headphones.

4. DavMaestro
    OP

Newcomer DavMaestro Member

Australia
    Well I do have Earphones but they're the Nintendo made ones. Which should you recommend ? If you can't think of any I'll Go To The Homebrew Section.

5. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    Nope, you should go to the hardware section. This is now related to your hardware. Plus, there are some cheap stuff all around. You should go look for some on a website or something.