Homebrew Moonshell 2 & YSmenu on a AK2i - Working

codingtom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CodeEight said:
codingtom's method does work but it doesnt load my saves for some reason. it creates a new sav.
How are your saves named.
(the first one and the second one, maybe on of them has a double extension to.)
It cant be that tere are 2 identical named savs on your sd card so rename the one you wan't to boot to the one that was made after booting on moonshell, I think this will fix your problem.

CodeEight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i did rename all my sav games into .sav and deleted the other one (.sav.nds) it works but everytime if i wanna play a new game does it mean i gotta go through moonshell to make a sav file first? cuz it'll get stuck at "LOADING" using the firmware to start the game for first timed playing games.

codingtom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes I'm afraid so but if you play a new game of wich you don't have a sav the sav wich is created is automatically the good one so you don't have to rename a old one because you don't have one.
(of which flash card you copied your game.sav.nds files? And wasn't it game.NDS.SAV , nds first).
the firmware as a standalone has got an sav creating problem, it can't create a first sav( than it'll get stuck at loading), and when there already is a sav it will create a second one with a nds extionsion in it (game.NDS.sav).

CodeEight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its probably .nds.sav i forgot. Its alright that i gotta go through moonshell to create a sav file, cuz i was jus making sure if i was doing anything different from you guys.

Hellow

Trophies
XP
Country
hi i get an error saying
"As a result of the ARM9 memory check,the error was detected".
"there is a loss in the main body of the ARM9 code. please copy imgview.nds with Windows again. The cause might be a loose connection of the equipment."

The thing is there is no imgview.nds file theres only an Image viewer ver1.11.nds file which i replaced and it still didnt work.

plz help me

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hellow said:
hi i get an error saying
"As a result of the ARM9 memory check,the error was detected".
"there is a loss in the main body of the ARM9 code. please copy imgview.nds with Windows again. The cause might be a loose connection of the equipment."

The thing is there is no imgview.nds file theres only an Image viewer ver1.11.nds file which i replaced and it still didnt work.

plz help me
I did get this problem once before on a DSTTi - & I think it was because I copied a newer version directly over of an older version on the MicroSD card
The thing is that with newer versions (from beta 10 or 11 - I think) there is in fact 2 copies of Moonshell supplied - 'moonshel2' and 'moonshel2_Directboot' & I believe one of these seems to not contain the necessary code for 'ARM9'

I'm guessing that what you've done is you've been using a newer version of moonshell but using the 'moonshel2.nds' instead of the 'moonshel2_directboot.nds' version

I would suggest backing up your flashcard, format your MicroSD using the panasonic formatter & re-doing the guide again exactly

Oh & by the way - this guide is in fact 'old hat' now.
The newer guide for AK2i/Moonshell/YSMenu is at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168077

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Is this possible with AKAIO?
2. Can you use this with Moonshell 2.05?
3. What happens if you try to use the flashcart soft-reset (ABXYLR)?
4. I've heard that using YSmenu on an Acekard can cause the Acekard to brick. Is this true?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg