Moonshell 2 Text Plugins

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Distorted Soul, Jul 26, 2009.

Jul 26, 2009

Moonshell 2 Text Plugins by Distorted Soul at 1:00 PM (1,470 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Distorted Soul
    OP

Newcomer Distorted Soul Member

United States
    How do you use the Moonshell 2 text file plugins? What do you do with them? Also, I'd like to edit a certain skin (.skn) file for moonshell 2, so that the pause button is switched with the play button. Some people are stupid enough to not realize that the pause and play buttons are switched around. (Pause=Play, Play=Pause)

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Not sure about Text plugin - but for modifying an existing skin You'll need to ask the person who created the skin to either modify it themselves - or ask them to supply the graphics & do-it-yourself. IFAIK there's no way of extracting the graphics from a skn file

3. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    The text plugins have been obsolete since 2.03. Edit moonshl2.ini in moonshl2 instead.

4. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    Your the stupid one. It's hard to make a skin you know. Try it. It's difficult. And you cannot edit a skin file.

5. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Just to elaborate on this - You need to supply over 138 graphics of various sizes (ranging from 8-256 x 1-192 pixels), in different formats AND may also need to have similar graphics but with different languages displayed on them - plus also supply a colour table 'ini' file
    - & you'll won't know how they really look on a DS until you've compiled the 'skn' & installed it. It might look great on the PC, but terrible on the DS

If the 'skn' file was nothing more than a renamed 'zip' file then I guess there would be a way of extracting the graphics so you could alter them - but I would've guessed some clever so-&-so would've figured it out by now.I guess 'skn' files have a special type of compression which no-one cracked

6. Distorted Soul
    OP

Newcomer Distorted Soul Member

United States
    Obviously it's hard, but I'm not being stupid, I'm just annoyed that skin makers haven't noticed that the pause and play buttons are switched around incorrectly. Besides you miss interpreted my statement-try using a different word other than 'stupid' so that it actually makes sense based on the rest of your sentence. (I'm not so 'stupid', now am I?

7. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Actually, some of the skin makers did notice this and changed it accordingly. Its just that a large majority of the skins are made by only a group dedicated people (and I aspire to be one lol) and they follow the same format for all of their skins, so the buttons are reversed.
    A couple skins that aren't reversed are Abstract 1.0, K-On! Sakura, Rusted Steel, M3 Sakura, Window Se7en, TWEWY Alternate, and the Zelda skin by Geocool.