OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Hey JurassicPlayer - what are YOU using to develop your previewer ???
unsure.gif

Perhaps if I use the same & run into any problems, I can always ask you how YOU did it
laugh.gif
Lol, was never quite as determined to make the previewer as other people might be and I didn't really want to learn any sort of programming (never was dedicated for that sort of thing xD), so I just went with AutoIt because it was simple and brainless to work with (and plus its so blunt that you can figure out most of the things within a couple hours).

I would say to use something other than AutoIt if you are planning to make something better than AKEdit xD, since autoit has basic stuff, its either restrictive or a pain to make it work. I'm actually fine with AKEdit as it is (its a little confusing for the first 10-15 minutes-ish, but meh the converter does convert icon images to work with the firmware).

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
CannonFoddr said:
Hey JurassicPlayer - what are YOU using to develop your previewer ???
unsure.gif

Perhaps if I use the same & run into any problems, I can always ask you how YOU did it
laugh.gif
Lol, was never quite as determined to make the previewer as other people might be and I didn't really want to learn any sort of programming (never was dedicated for that sort of thing xD), so I just went with AutoIt because it was simple and brainless to work with (and plus its so blunt that you can figure out most of the things within a couple hours).

I would say to use something other than AutoIt if you are planning to make something better than AKEdit xD, since autoit has basic stuff, its either restrictive or a pain to make it work. I'm actually fine with AKEdit as it is (its a little confusing for the first 10-15 minutes-ish, but meh the converter does convert icon images to work with the firmware).
AutoIt ?!?! - Just had a look at that and it's a scripting (or MACRO) language...... & you managed to produce something like THIS with it
ohmy.gif
!!!!

When I did 'scripting' (Or 'Macros') you couldn't even do anything with graphics !!!!

EDIT: Ooohh just found out there's a 'Portable' version of it - might be handy on the USB Flash drive

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
AutoIt ?!?! - Just had a look at that and it's a scripting (or MACRO) language...... & you managed to produce something like THIS with it
ohmy.gif
!!!!

When I did 'scripting' (Or 'Macros') you couldn't even do anything with graphics !!!!

EDIT: Ooohh just found out there's a 'Portable' version of it - might be handy on the USB Flash drive
Meh they had the function for doing things with images when I tried it so I don't really feel like anything has changed over the times...then again, I've only known it for about two months (only look at it when I'm working on the previewer or ysmenu generator though xD) so it could have changed hundreds of times without me knowing.

I actually just put the entire thing on a USB and bring that around (thus I work on the previewer at school when I don't feel like playing flash games lol).

-edit-
Zomg xD there is a new skin manager/editor/previewer for the M3Sakura and it looks nicer than my previewer. Just to defend my honor, I'm going to say that mine is awesome because I have a DSi border, but I'd recommend people check that out as well =D (just think, if it has all of the extra stuff, then I wouldn't really need to work on my previewer anymore...TT-TT)
Stormwave's Sakura Skin Manager

-double edit-
About the Open Folder versus Open File dialog, I couldn't find anything for opening folders in the Open File, so instead I'm going to combine the Preview .skn and Select Skin buttons into one button and people can open either a .skn file or the colortbl.ini for their skin-in-progress.
Also, thanks to Env's observation and creativity, he has proposed the idea of adding a Change Wallpaper button, which I will hopefully be able to add in without problems.
And just because I thought it would be fun, I decided to make the DSi images as skinnable themes mostly for myself because I'm seriously tempted to add Miku and a couple other renders onto the DSi case, but I don't want to bother others with my whimsical fantasies, although just to keep some relevant usefulness in the button, technically you can change the pictures to look like your DS so you can totally get the feel of having the skin on the DS/DSi

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, after much prolonging, I decided to update my previewer (might as well continue it, although I was contemplating abandoning it and just refer everyone to Stormwave's DS Skin Maker). It doesn't exactly have any useful updates I don't think, but you can determine that for yourself.

Changelog:

-Added Change Wallpaper Button (text will not show when wallpaper is changed, I'm too lazy)
-Added Change DSi/DS theme Button
-Added Image Settings 1 & 2 tabs in Messages.### Editor
-Added Media Player tab in Messages.### Editor
-Fixed 1/2 of a glitch
-Changed Select .skn button (now uses .ini and .skn)
-Removed Select Skin Folder
-Added Inverse DSi Theme
-Added Hatsune Miku DSi Theme
-Anything else that I may have changed...(I don't really remember what I changed anymore xD)
-I noticed that I left the icons misaligned (I'll fix that...sooner or later =D)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY