Homebrew Moonshell 2 FAQ, Guide and Index

env

Trophies
XP
Country
^try to turn off DiskCheck, or back-up and re-format your card.

rockstar99 said:
ill give a million dollars to the guy who creates moonshell2tosakuraskin.exe
yeah, a guy who can make a software to extract .skn file first.
software that encodes moonshell2 skin to become a sakura skin by renaming, adding (default sakura images thats not in moonshell2) things etc.
Ill give a million too. (million thanks XD)

env

Trophies
XP
Country
After you reformat your card put back all your files then..
press START to open SustemMenu, tap GUI/mp3 Settings.
uncheck DiskCheck, tap Apply button at the bottom screen. isn't that easy?
smile.gif

& try exploring other features of moonshell2, mmk

GokuSoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this has been asked before but how do I get rid of the album art showing. I just want to see the clock when I open my DS.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
GokuSoul said:
Sorry if this has been asked before but how do I get rid of the album art showing. I just want to see the clock when I open my DS.
Lucky for you it hasn't been asked here before lol (nah, we would probably tell you anyways). Just look in your moonshl2 folder and edit the moonshl2.ini. You are looking for the part that looks like this:
CODE[M4APlugin]
ShowCoverImage=1
; ExtMP4isProcessedAsM4A: 1=Show file list with *.mp4 file.
ExtMP4isProcessedAsM4A=1
; Ext3GPisProcessedAsM4A: 1=Show file list with *.3gp file.
Ext3GPisProcessedAsM4A=0
And probably self explanatory after that (if it isn't self explanatory, you just change the ShowCoverImage to 0)

env

Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowValentine said:
To reformat my card, I take everything off it, go into properties and click Reformat, right?

EDIT: Sorry, doubleclick.
Right, but that's the old fashion way, now you can use this Panasonic Formatter.
*you mean doublepost, right?
rolleyes.gif

ShadowValentine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've formatted it using the Panasonic Formatter, now I can access Moonshell 2. But I can't play one specific file so far, one of my music files. There's nothing wrong with the file itself; I tested it with Moonshell 1, which I run off Moonshell.nds. Is something wrong? Also, what difference does each option in the Panasonic Formatter do?

And i meant I doubleclicked [Add Reply] and it doubleposted. ^^

CPTflconX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the skin that came with Moonshell. I would like to only replace the top screen background. Is that possible?

Thanks

peppero01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick, possible stupid, question--I set a picture as a wallpaper on my DS. Now I want to remove the wallpaper but have no idea how. Any help would be awesome.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@CPTflconX: Its possible to do that, but you would have to use the skintool that comes in the moonshell 2 download. Just look for FL_BG_Bottom.bmp and put your picture above it (as in make the canvas 256 width and 384 height and place your picture on top, with the FL_BG_Bottom.bmp on bottom). Then just save it as a wallpaper and use it as a wallpaper on MS2.

@Peppero01: To get back the default wallpaper that comes with the skin, just press start while in the file directory and look for the option that says "Restore Default Wallpaper".

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
There isn't a tool that can extract a .skn file. Just look in the skintool folder for the folder "default" and then get the image from there (those are the source files for the skin). You don't really have to use the "default" folder if you are just changing the top screen though, you could probably use any of the folders.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@CPTflconx: Then you would have to ask the original maker to help you out if they still have the source files that they used to make the skin with. In other words, its in the digression of the skin creator if they want to make a modification to his/her skin for you (they probably will change it if you ask, at least Janouis might).

@Ran196: Did you already try reformatting your microSD?

GokuSoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
GokuSoul said:
Lucky for you it hasn't been asked here before lol (nah, we would probably tell you anyways). Just look in your moonshl2 folder and edit the moonshl2.ini. You are looking for the part that looks like this:
CODE[M4APlugin]
ShowCoverImage=1
; ExtMP4isProcessedAsM4A: 1=Show file list with *.mp4 file.
ExtMP4isProcessedAsM4A=1
; Ext3GPisProcessedAsM4A: 1=Show file list with *.3gp file.
Ext3GPisProcessedAsM4A=0
And probably self explanatory after that (if it isn't self explanatory, you just change the ShowCoverImage to 0)

Thanks, you're awesome!
smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land