Moonshell 2 - Covers for DPG movies possible?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by chrik, Dec 14, 2010.

Dec 14, 2010
  1. chrik
    OP

Newcomer chrik Newbie

Denmark
    Hey

Just got my first DPG4 movie working :-).

Question is it possible to add cover/thumbnail or what you call it for every DPG movie file
    I add on my card so somehow my little daughter can recognize the movie by picture and start
    the one she wants?

2. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    If you convert videos to DPG4 using the DPGTools provided in the moonshell2 download, that has the ability to have a preview image that is displayed on the top screen of Moonshell2 when the file is highlighted. You have to choose the screen manually from the video otherwise it will automatically take an image from some point just after the video's start. To select screenshot, just open up the log and there will be a preview window and a button that says something similar to "Take Thumbnail Image". Just click that button when the preview that you want to have shows on the upper preview and then let the video finish converting. Unfortunately there is no way to put an external image for a thumbnail though (at least that I know of...), meaning that you will have to do that for each video separately.

3. chrik
    OP

Newcomer chrik Newbie

Denmark
    So it saves the thumbnail info into the DPG4 file?

What about MP3´s is it also possible somehow to get a thumbnail for every MP3? Would be great for my kid.

If anybody knows other ways to get thumbnails showing please tell me?

I have some MKV´s and some DVD files that I want to convert to DPG4, but what formats does the DPGTools convert?
    I have used software from xilisoft and worked great, but I guess I can use this to convert to format that DPGTools "knows"
    and then convert to DPG4?

Are there any options to choos if DPGTools should convert to DPG, DPG2, DPG3 or DPG4? Or is it always DPG4 with the new DPGTools?

4. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    I find DPG4 terrible, skiping back and fourth is very un-convenient i prefer DPG2, it has better quality and you can skip around everywhere easier. Anyway on-topic, wow you can make previews when you convert [​IMG]

5. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    I have no idea how you are making your DPG4 files, but mine have no problems seeking...and I think thumbnails were added for DPG3 and DPG4, so DPG2 doesn't have the thumbnail thing...and DPG2 might have minor macroblocking during seeking whereas DPG4 shouldn't have any unless there is something wrong with the way you are converting.
    Video that has me showing seeking at some point (just ignore the rest of it):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7fAAfZzk4E

6. Rob_Threat

Member Rob_Threat GBAtemp Regular

United States
    For adding preview images to DPG4s (other than as they convert), have a 256x192 *.bmp or *.jpg with the same filename as your video in the same folder (e.g. video1.avi & video1.bmp).

BTW, DPGTools got a minor speed update with the "childzwai" pack. Optimized for multi-core CPUs.

[​IMG]

7. Stevetry

Banned Stevetry Most perverted person in GBATEMP

Puerto Rico

not TRUE DPG4 is the est quality you just dont know how to convert it