Homebrew Moonshell 2 - Covers for DPG movies possible?

chrik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey

Just got my first DPG4 movie working :-).

Question is it possible to add cover/thumbnail or what you call it for every DPG movie file
I add on my card so somehow my little daughter can recognize the movie by picture and start
the one she wants?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If you convert videos to DPG4 using the DPGTools provided in the moonshell2 download, that has the ability to have a preview image that is displayed on the top screen of Moonshell2 when the file is highlighted. You have to choose the screen manually from the video otherwise it will automatically take an image from some point just after the video's start. To select screenshot, just open up the log and there will be a preview window and a button that says something similar to "Take Thumbnail Image". Just click that button when the preview that you want to have shows on the upper preview and then let the video finish converting. Unfortunately there is no way to put an external image for a thumbnail though (at least that I know of...), meaning that you will have to do that for each video separately.

chrik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So it saves the thumbnail info into the DPG4 file?

What about MP3´s is it also possible somehow to get a thumbnail for every MP3? Would be great for my kid.

If anybody knows other ways to get thumbnails showing please tell me?

I have some MKV´s and some DVD files that I want to convert to DPG4, but what formats does the DPGTools convert?
I have used software from xilisoft and worked great, but I guess I can use this to convert to format that DPGTools "knows"
and then convert to DPG4?

Are there any options to choos if DPGTools should convert to DPG, DPG2, DPG3 or DPG4? Or is it always DPG4 with the new DPGTools?

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I find DPG4 terrible, skiping back and fourth is very un-convenient i prefer DPG2, it has better quality and you can skip around everywhere easier. Anyway on-topic, wow you can make previews when you convert
ohmy.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
chrik said:
So it saves the thumbnail info into the DPG4 file?

What about MP3´s is it also possible somehow to get a thumbnail for every MP3? Would be great for my kid.

If anybody knows other ways to get thumbnails showing please tell me?

I have some MKV´s and some DVD files that I want to convert to DPG4, but what formats does the DPGTools convert?
I have used software from xilisoft and worked great, but I guess I can use this to convert to format that DPGTools "knows"
and then convert to DPG4?

Are there any options to choos if DPGTools should convert to DPG, DPG2, DPG3 or DPG4? Or is it always DPG4 with the new DPGTools?
For MP3 thumbnails, you could use album art (Moonshell2 can show them, you just need the option toggled on). I have no idea if putting album art for all of your music is tedious or not though, since I've never done it xD.
DPGTools can convert all formats supported in FFMPEG I think (no basis for this claim)...Generally I have to convert my files to .avi because my MKV's have softsubs, and that is something that DPGTools can't add into the final product (you have to hardsub them into the video).
As for choosing which DPG to convert to, there are absolutely no options. For the most part, Moonlight kept to improving the DPG container with each new type (it would be really lame to go backwards wouldn't it?), so DPG4 should be best optimized.

QUOTE(FireGrey @ Dec 15 2010, 05:39 AM) I find DPG4 terrible, skiping back and fourth is very un-convenient i prefer DPG2, it has better quality and you can skip around everywhere easier. Anyway on-topic, wow you can make previews when you convert
ohmy.gif
I have no idea how you are making your DPG4 files, but mine have no problems seeking...and I think thumbnails were added for DPG3 and DPG4, so DPG2 doesn't have the thumbnail thing...and DPG2 might have minor macroblocking during seeking whereas DPG4 shouldn't have any unless there is something wrong with the way you are converting.
Video that has me showing seeking at some point (just ignore the rest of it):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7fAAfZzk4E

Rob_Threat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For adding preview images to DPG4s (other than as they convert), have a 256x192 *.bmp or *.jpg with the same filename as your video in the same folder (e.g. video1.avi & video1.bmp).

BTW, DPGTools got a minor speed update with the "childzwai" pack. Optimized for multi-core CPUs.

grog.gif

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
I find DPG4 terrible, skiping back and fourth is very un-convenient i prefer DPG2, it has better quality and you can skip around everywhere easier. Anyway on-topic, wow you can make previews when you convert
ohmy.gif

not TRUE DPG4 is the est quality you just dont know how to convert it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over