Hacking Moonshell 2 beta 10 on DSTT

blemert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to load Moonshell 2 beta 10 onto a couple of DSTT's and am having no luck, I downloaded the correct files from the D/L section, ran the language .exe - everything went well there. But when I boot the moonshell .nds I get an error on the top screen that says "Extention memory not found" the bottom says that its checking the memory card... under that it says The fragmentation is examined with a 0% progress indicator... then it just freezes. If any one could point me in the right direction it would be helpful, I did try to search but no luck, thanks!!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
OK I've just downloaded Moonshell 2 Beta 10 (english) from GBAtemp download section & after running the language select to choose english (& done nothing else)
I copied over 'moonshl2' folder & 'moonshl2.nds' to the root diectory of my 8Gb MicroSD

Using YSMenu as my 'firmware' I started up Moonshl2.nds & it started up OK with no problem
I then tried starting up Moonshl2 AGAIN but this time using DSTT 'Fake-Killer Disabled' firmware & THAT started up OK
I then tried AGAIN but this time using DSision2, & THAT started up OK

I'm afraid all I can think of is that either you've done something wrong OR you havn't copied over all the files correctly OR perhaps you DON'T have a genuine DSTT card
I can't see it being because you're got FAT or FAT32 formatting on the card - because it runs fine on my 8Gb and my 2Gb cards

Have you tried saving all files & formatting the MicroSD card (NOT with Windows Formatter though - Use Panasonics formatter @ http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html
)
The 'Extention memory not found' message is apparently normal

Sorry I couldn't be any more help

p.s. I'm using a DSTTi on a DSi - although I doubt THAT has anything to do with it

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Moonshell 2 Beta 10 works perfectly on my DSTT with the official firmware.
Make sure you have the right files or try downloading it from another source.

blemert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it - thanks kermit, don't suppose you could explain how to aquire the TTIO.nds so that I can reset? Thanks!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
blemert said:
Got it - thanks kermit, don't suppose you could explain how to aquire the TTIO.nds so that I can reset? Thanks!
I'm a bit of a rebel - My DSTTi has a copy of 'fake killer disabled' DSTT firmware, YSMenu replacement firmware AND 'DSision2' alternative Program launcher on it,
all set up to autolaunch DSision as the 'file selector'

In my case the 'TTIO.nds' is in fact a copy of 'DSision2.nds' renamed to 'TTIO.nds' & placed in the 'Moonshl2/resetmse' folder - found this out by trial-&-error (actually it worked first time, which surprized me)

If you were using DSTT firmware I'd guess you would use 'TTMenu.dat' & rename it to 'TTIO.nds'

If you were using YSMenu as your firmware then I guess you would have a 'YSMenu.nds' already named as 'TTMenu.dat' (so that it would autoload) - just rename that to 'TTIO.nds' & put it into the required folder

If you are using 'DSTT' or 'YSMenu' firmware & what I've said actually works - could you please leave a note here so that other may know - Ta

blemert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original firmware and I renamed the TTMenu to TTIO.nds and put it in the proper folder... it worked, thanks again.

How do I make it stop showing the nes.nesterds.nds and the ipk.nds files? Is there any way to hide them, I tried to delete them and it apparently needs them to work right, now the TTIO shows up as well
frown.gif
and sure enough it lists those three first!

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If you delete the IPK.nds and the Nester one, Moonshell won't work properly for some reason. The DSTT firmware also has no option to hide some files, so i guess you're stuck with seeing them on your menu.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
As mentioned above -
The original DSTT firmware is VERY limited when showing files
>It does not sort items alphabetically
>It shows ALL nds files (even if you set them as 'hidden' via Windows)
>It doesn't allows 'folder sorting'

This is why I opted for YSMenu as my 'Firmware', the only downside of this is that it's not 'graphically pretty', mainly text based (no Icons showing like in DSTT firmware) although you can add background pictures skins to improve the look of it

DSTT.jpg

Rbox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Moonshell 2 freezes on my DSTTi the moment I select a MP3 file to play. It takes an enormous time before it starts playing. Moonshell 1.71 did not have this behaviour. About 3gig of music in 1 folder. All help welcome.

Nacron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moonshell2 doesn't work with my TTDSi and my 8gb microsdhc because I formatted it how the TTDS site says to with a larger byte block for larger cards.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Nacron said:
Moonshell2 doesn't work with my TTDSi and my 8gb microsdhc because I formatted it how the TTDS site says to with a larger byte block for larger cards.
I think I know the info you're talking about - it's on http://www.ndstt.com/product.html and goes like

Q:Why SDHC unstable sometimes?
A:Because Window the format card with Fat32 and the defuault unit is 4K
Suggest User can try below operation: In Dos command type
4G card:format I:/fs:fat32 /a:32K enter(default 4K change 32K)
8G card:format I:/fs:fat32 /a:64K enter(default 4K change64K)
I: disk sign,if your disk sign is F, then change format F: 1G and 2G with Fat format

But I've read that formatting cards to a 'non-standard' format can cause more trouble than it's worth & the best way to format is with This program and not with Windows own method - Have you tried that ??

I have a 8Gb Sandisk card & have had no trouble - what make is yours ?? is it a 'Named' make or a 'Generic' ???

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Pnt101 said:
can someone tell me how to put moonshell into tti? too many files idk what to put into the card. please help.
There is a Help file in HTML/ENG/Readme.html & right near the top it states
QUOTEPlease copy 'moonshl2.nds' and '/moonshl2' folder onto the root folder of MicroSD, and start 'moonshl2.nds'.
That's near enough all you need to do except for one last thing
Run the 'LanguageSelect.exe', direct it to where you've installed 'moonshl2.nds' & select your appropriate language otherwise you'll get it in Japanese

The other folders are not really needed for the running of moonshell:
extendskins: I believe this is another 'skin' for Moonshell - but not sure on how to use it
HTML: Contains documentation for Moonshell2
misctools: Mainly PC tools for creating skins, encoding Movies (I use 'Super C' instead), 'patching' moonshell (for other Flashcards) etc
moonmemo: If you want to use the 'memopad' function of Moonshell - copy this folder onto the root directory of your flashcard (you can delete the contents of this)

Any other problems - don't be afraid to ask

EDITED: Actually I've noticed I've already stated this earlier in the post
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1