moonshell 2 as main OS?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by nomercy, Jul 7, 2010.

Jul 7, 2010

moonshell 2 as main OS? by nomercy at 2:48 AM (1,059 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. nomercy
    OP

Newcomer nomercy Advanced Member

Canada
    I have always been a fan of Moonshell 2 I use it to watch videos and what not I know about Moonshell All In OneI have it on my Acekard 2i I was wonder if you would make Moonshell 2 as your main OS for the Original R4

Thanks I hope you can help me!!!

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Encrypt the Moonshell2's NDS file.
    http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=977

Just drag/drop it onto the encrypt exe, then just rename it to _DS_MENU.DAT

Oh... Another thing Moonshell will not load commercial ROMS and as of 2.06 or 2.07 blocks commercial NDS loading via extlink (basically you can put an NDS file, say "gbc.lameboy.nds" into the extlink file and it will load *.gbc files directly).
    There are guides for bypassing the block (in 2.08/2.09 you can use a cracked overlay from Normmatt).
    You can use a few of loaders, like YSMenu or WoodR4, to load games through Moonshell. YSMenu loads them fast but doesn't have the compatibility of WoodR4.
    Also, neither will allow cheats to be used (but you can hold B to cancel the autoloading and run the game with cheats from the menu itself).

3. dsiman

Newcomer dsiman Newbie

United States
    I have a TTDS and i found a firmware on youtube that boots my ttds from moonshell. But I am also looking for a firmware with moonshell as main boot os for my r4i gold.
    Click Here For DSTT Shop.
    Click here for Firmware for DSTT (MOONSHELL MAIN BOOT OS and TTMenu as application).