Homebrew RELEASE Moonlight-NX - Nvidia Game Stream client

csgolawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
If I got it right I should add in moonlight the IP that the streamer tester gives me right? for some reason the app freezes when I enter an IP, if I restart the IP is there but I get "inactive host"

komabear

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
If I got it right I should add in moonlight the IP that the streamer tester gives me right? for some reason the app freezes when I enter an IP, if I restart the IP is there but I get "inactive host"

what is a "streamer tester"? You should add your PC's IP, the one you have the Nvidia Experience app running. If you run CMD and type in "ipconfig", it's your ipv4 address.

csgolawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
what is a "streamer tester"? You should add your PC's IP, the one you have the Nvidia Experience app running. If you run CMD and type in "ipconfig", it's your ipv4 address.

That's what I tried in the first place, didn't work and read about the streamer tester in Moonlight's github. This is pretty wierd, I just tested Moonlight in iOS and it detected my PC without even having to add the host manually, is it probably because my atmosphere version? I'm running 0.16.0

qqwik

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
i am at loss as i can't even open the app... i just get "the software was closed because an error occured" and google makes it seem like im the first person ever to have this problem :(

zniel0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this work on an offline router yet? since you have to be connected online for wifi to work on switch.

maxdima12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it used to work but after i updated i can't seem to make it connect , on my phone it doesn't require to type the ip , it just finds the pc , used to do that here as well but now when i try to add my ip it freezes , if i tap the screen the buffer wheel mooves , ads my ip but after that it displays "host inactive " any help ?

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had great performance with this on SXOS? I've heard reports of people maintaining a pretty good 60 fps at 720p, but I haven't been able to hold a consistent 30 and I can't figure out why.

zniel0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had great performance with this on SXOS? I've heard reports of people maintaining a pretty good 60 fps at 720p, but I haven't been able to hold a consistent 30 and I can't figure out why.

I dont think they have access to some hardware stuff so I doubt its easy to get 60fps, this is not the same as moonlight on other platforms it mite get there someday however.

Reactions: Nerdtendo

lakitucrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I dont think they have access to some hardware stuff so I doubt its easy to get 60fps, this is not the same as moonlight on other platforms it mite get there someday however.
Provided that the host computer and the router meet the gamestream requirements, moonlight for the switch achieves 720p at 60fps streaming at normal handheld clocks

Truggel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Works for me but neither in Skyrim (PC), Dishonored (PC), or Dragon Age Inquisition (PC) the Switch Controls were recognized, too bad the idea was really cool

Sunderlol

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Same here. Did you find a way to make it work?

Edit: I just found out how to do it. You have to run hbmenu in full RAM mode. I did that opening any game holding R, and it should open hbmenu instead of that game. Now I can enter my IP and it no longer freezes.

Last edited by Sunderlol,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: