XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
zizer said:
this game reminds me Shantae: Risky's Revenge

shantae-riskys-revenge-20101001020552462_thumb_ign.jpg
shantae-riskys-revenge-20101001020554321_thumb_ign.jpg
It DOES look like that version of Shantae!

By the way... I've never heard of Risky's Revenge. Only the original for the Game Boy Color. Is this game a remake?
No, it's a sequel for the DSi (its DSiware).

reddin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blizziz said:
I'm not getting further past the great wall in the caverns
QUOTE(Blizziz @ Mar 23 2011, 08:23 PM) Reddin jij kan me helpen hoe kom ik langs de grote muur in de caverns
I just did a quick run through the Caverns to see if I could see what exactly you're having trouble with, but I have no idea. Only thing I could think of is the wall with the small hole. For those you need the Roll ability (down+B). If you don't have that yet you need to follow the waypoint.

I'm currently leveling all the different forms to 30. Did all the foundling forms, and am nearly done with the ballista forms
smile.gif

Also, my import copy finally shipped yesterday
biggrin.gif
, so I'll get to do it all again soon.

Ravte

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
reddin said:
Blizziz said:
QUOTE(Blizziz @ Mar 23 2011, 08:23 PM) Reddin jij kan me helpen hoe kom ik langs de grote muur in de caverns
I just did a quick run through the Caverns to see if I could see what exactly you're having trouble with, but I have no idea. Only thing I could think of is the wall with the small hole. For those you need the Roll ability (down+B). If you don't have that yet you need to follow the waypoint.

I'm currently leveling all the different forms to 30. Did all the foundling forms, and am nearly done with the ballista forms
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

How many adult forms do you have so far? I'm going for the 4th atm and I got the black/light last night from the past evolution stages, but is there a "special" elemental form for the adult version of Chomp in this game? Like the black/light where for baby/teenage.

reddin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ravte said:
reddin said:
Blizziz said:

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

How many adult forms do you have so far? I'm going for the 4th atm and I got the black/light last night from the past evolution stages, but is there a "special" elemental form for the adult version of Chomp in this game? Like the black/light where for baby/teenage.
I have everything unlocked now, 10 for every tree. The final adult form is another light one.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
this game is in badly need of a new game plus
i finished it with 3 monster forms mastered and now for the extra classes u need to massively grind
also
theres a cheat to give u a 10% discount and yellow outfit might make the game easier for new players

reddin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
deathking said:
this game is in badly need of a new game plus
i finished it with 3 monster forms mastered and now for the extra classes u need to massively grind
also
theres a cheat to give u a 10% discount and yellow outfit might make the game easier for new players
Yes, a new game plus or some different playable characters would have been great.

For now I'm pretty much done with this game though. Played through it again on my retail cart, leveled and maxed out the different forms of Chomp.. except for Gilgamesh
frown.gif

But I don't think I'll ever get that form to 30, unless there's some trick I'm missing.
unsure.gif

All in all Monster Tale is a very nice game, and I enjoyed my time with it. It is also the sort of game that I will replay every once in a while I think.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agree. NG+ would have offered more incentive to try for all of the various monster forms. But to try for all of them in a single playthrough is just too tedious for me personally.

As an aside, I went back to play Hatsworth again after playing this, and though I had fun with Monster Tale, Hatsworth is such a better game in my opinion. The mechanics are excellent in both games, but the variety and level design in Hatsworth is tops. I hope they find a better balance of the two in their next project.

reddin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Coconut said:
How do you kill that bunny?
Zoe in the back telegraphs all the moves that the rabbit is going to make. To get away from the rolling ball you can either dash from one side of the room to the other (dash+jump is more effective), or use the skill 'Bounce Hop' that the Acrobat form learns and just jump over it.

QUOTE(GeekyGuy @ Mar 31 2011, 09:28 PM) Agree. NG+ would have offered more incentive to try for all of the various monster forms. But to try for all of them in a single playthrough is just too tedious for me personally.

As an aside, I went back to play Hatsworth again after playing this, and though I had fun with Monster Tale, Hatsworth is such a better game in my opinion. The mechanics are excellent in both games, but the variety and level design in Hatsworth is tops. I hope they find a better balance of the two in their next project.
I had never played Henry Hatsworth, mostly because I heard that it became fiendishly difficult toward the end. This definitely sparked my interest enough to at least go and try it in the near future.
And looking at videos of it, it would appear that Henry did indeed teach Ellie everything she knows.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom