reddin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I couldn't help myself and downloaded the ROM this morning
shy.gif

Spent some quality time with it during my train ride today, and I'm loving every minute of it!
I'm nearly two hours in and did the first real boss fight (during which I died the first couple of times
smile.gif
My fears of the game being too easy were luckily unfounded) and have entered the second 'kingdom'.
I've had to do some backtracking but nothing major, and traversal is quick enough that it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Raising Chomp looks like it's going to be even deeper that I thought, which is awesome.

Quick tip: At the start screen press: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, select. You should hear Ellie yell something, and now you have an alternative color palette and a discount in the stores. To disable this enter the code again. This was the pre-order bonus from GameStop.

P.S. Is it possible to transfer saves to retail carts? Because I'd prefer to play on my retail copy when it comes in.

Edit:
I'm also starting to get the hang of the combo system, and that really helps to make some money quickly.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Monster_Tale_USA_NDS-LameFuck
as someone here was scared of (whatever the reason is, LameFuck just makes sure the games/ROMs get spreaded properly)

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
SignZ said:
as someone here was scared of (whatever the reason is, LameFuck just makes sure the games/ROMs get spreaded properly)
is it exactly the same as iron chefz? cause i can't register to the forums. saying something like my ip is recorded as a spammer or something.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Narayan said:
SignZ said:
is it exactly the same as iron chefz? cause i can't register to the forums. saying something like my ip is recorded as a spammer or something.
http://rom-news.org/nds/nfo/Monster_Tale_USA_NDS-LameFuck awesome
biggrin.gif

But yeah, it's probably the same (I'd say with a chance of 99.9%)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SignZ said:
Narayan said:
SignZ said:
biggrin.gif

Wait...HE'S ONLY ELEVEN YEARS OLD??? No wonder his nfos are so crappy! Plus he thinks he's more popular than GBAtemp, but I bet he doesn't even know that the name Lamef**k is more of an insult to himself than it is to us. Also, in one of his previous nfos he said he's made out with at least 100 girls an their moms...I wonder what type of sad, twisted life this kid thinks he lives
blink.gif

EDIT: Oh...Lamef**ck's a girl...

Ravte

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
machomuu said:
SignZ said:
Narayan said:
SignZ said:
biggrin.gif

Wait...HE'S ONLY ELEVEN YEARS OLD??? No wonder his nfos are so crappy! Plus he thinks he's more popular than GBAtemp, but I bet he doesn't even know that the name Lamef**k is more of an insult to himself than it is to us. Also, in one of his previous nfos he said he's made out with at least 100 girls an their moms...I wonder what type of sad, twisted life this kid thinks he lives
blink.gif

She*.....read it through carefully if you can xD
Boooooring troll text imo. But w/e, got my game so I don't care much.

E: Heh guess you noticed
tongue.gif

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Ravte said:
machomuu said:
SignZ said:
Narayan said:
SignZ said:
biggrin.gif

blink.gif

She*.....read it through carefully if you can xD
Boooooring troll text imo. But w/e, got my game so I don't care much.

E: Heh guess you noticed
tongue.gif
what, y'know i actually like the nfo. oh, let me rephrase that, i actually love the nfo.

i'm looking forward to her dumps.

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reddin said:
shy.gif

Spent some quality time with it during my train ride today, and I'm loving every minute of it!
I'm nearly two hours in and did the first real boss fight (during which I died the first couple of times
smile.gif
My fears of the game being too easy were luckily unfounded) and have entered the second 'kingdom'.
I've had to do some backtracking but nothing major, and traversal is quick enough that it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Raising Chomp looks like it's going to be even deeper that I thought, which is awesome.

Quick tip: At the start screen press: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, select. You should hear Ellie yell something, and now you have an alternative color palette and a discount in the stores. To disable this enter the code again. This was the pre-order bonus from GameStop.

P.S. Is it possible to transfer saves to retail carts? Because I'd prefer to play on my retail copy when it comes in.

Edit:
I'm also starting to get the hang of the combo system, and that really helps to make some money quickly.
code wont work on...
u input it on the screen where it says start and credits right?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
machomuu said:
SignZ said:
Narayan said:
SignZ said:
biggrin.gif

blink.gif

There was not a single misspelling in that entire rant/manifesto -- not a kid. That rant/manifesto was also very aggressive -- not a female. My guess is that it's O.N. or somebody in his demographic/mindset.

On topic: psyched to play this game and escape the scene drama!

reddin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tlyee61 said:
reddin said:
shy.gif

smile.gif

Edit:
code wont work on...
Yes, that's where you should do it.
Perhaps try it a few times at different speeds? It took a few tries for me before I managed to make it work.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
reddin said:
tlyee61 said:
reddin said:
shy.gif

smile.gif

Edit:
code wont work on...
Yes, that's where you should do it.
Perhaps try it a few times at different speeds? It took a few tries for me before I managed to make it work.
Not working for me either. :/ Tried fast, slow, normal... No yell.
€dit: Now it worked, after a hard-reset (shutdown DS, then starting the ROM again).

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FlashX007 said:
I hope cheats database gets updated. lol
Sorry I just enjoy games that way. I'll still play it though.
you must like cheating in a easy game huh?

edit: nevermind. found it. had to send chomp to bottom screen lol

Ravte

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
reddin said:
shy.gif

smile.gif

Edit:

How does the combo system work? Is it the same as spamming melee strikes and the blue counter rises on the down right corner of your upper screen?
I've only tested it on an tougher monster because the other ones die from one strike heh. So I thought it might've been that the lowbies just are meant to drop 1 coins.

Anyone know a site with a Chomp guide on it? Would be fun to see the whole evolving map, or if someone has cheated the game for the full map, please post a pic.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This game doesn't seem particularly hard at all...depending on the hardiness of the monster, I generally can get a 15 combo before they are too low for me to hit back up (you can hit them when they are dead to keep racking it up, but they just don't seem to go very high after a while). It's almost pointless having the monster in the beginning apart from doing the stuff that only the monster can do and you can't...otherwise, I just haven't seen a good reason to keep it out (slow and generally unhelpful thing, but cute). I've only spent an hour playing (it's actually pretty amusing), but it's almost impossible to die unless you just plain fail. Funny thing is, if you rack up combos you don't even really need to train the monster since there seem to be enough drops to survive on o.0

reddin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ravte said:
reddin said:
shy.gif

smile.gif

Edit:

How does the combo system work? Is it the same as spamming melee strikes and the blue counter rises on the down right corner of your upper screen?
I've only tested it on an tougher monster because the other ones die from one strike heh. So I thought it might've been that the lowbies just are meant to drop 1 coins.

Anyone know a site with a Chomp guide on it? Would be fun to see the whole evolving map, or if someone has cheated the game for the full map, please post a pic.
Once you get the 'launcher' ability (up+melee) you can juggle enemies, even after they died. It seems that every hit it has a chance to drop some stuff, after a number of hits (15? 20?) the rewards seem to get better (e.g. large coins in stead of small ones).
I find myself almost exclusively using melee attacks because of this, and because I find it more fun than shooting them
smile.gif

Another thing: While I like raising the different Chomp forms, he doesn't seem very useful to me as Ellie gets more and more abilities. I can see the different elements playing more of a role in the later in the game, but for now I can just beat the crap out of everything
smile.gif

I haven't seen any evo-charts, but the game has just come out, so that doesn't surprise me really. I'd like one though..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in