Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
justin05 said:
trev1 said:
yeah im lookin for it tomarrow...thanx for the japan sig justin05!

No worries dude. Anyway. So tomo. Darn, getting stacked with games.

i know ...we are very lucky for this! this is the reason why i try to give back what was given to me...i just tried callin gamestop and its not in stock yet , but is being shipped early...;{

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't wait to play this
tongue.gif

Got so many others i still need to finish/start on >.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too keen on the monster evolving/collecting stuff (probably why I don't care for Pokemon games), but the action looks fun. So other than the stuff going on in the bottom screen, which I'll tolerate for this game, it looks like something we need more of on the DS.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
I'm not too keen on the monster evolving/collecting stuff (probably why I don't care for Pokemon games), but the action looks fun. So other than the stuff going on in the bottom screen, which I'll tolerate for this game, it looks like something we need more of on the DS.

Yeah, in actuality, I think what they've really done is just use the monsters as an avatar for special powers, because it seems like you level them up and such similar to the way you'd level up your abilities in Dawn of Sorrows or something like that. Plus, they kinda work it into the touch screen in what seems like a pretty cool way, having you use items collected on the monster(s) to temporarily power them up and whatnot.

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It kind of weird that this game doesn't have a real firm release date. I have it on order with Amazon and it just says "shipping soon" with an expected delivery date of March 22-27 (I do the free super saver shipping).

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got quite interested in this game, but i forgot about it along the way because of the delays >.>;;

I got quite intrigued by the gameplay and I really wonder how smooth the game will play. Seems like this will be a good month for ds releases!

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, all I know is I like what I see going on in the top screen in the vid.....the bottom screen.....well, we'll see, but I don't think it will be too bad. It might even add some spice to the gameplay above-and-beyond that of the average platformer. I'm sure that was the plan anyway, let's hope it pans out. As long as it lets me concentrate on the action in the top screen more than fiddling with stuff in the bottom screen, I'll be happy.

Hope it's got decent music and sound effects too. You don't really get much info on that in those vids. I didn't see anything about a map either....that kind of kills the MetroidVania motif for me, as I've always found the map to be integral to MetroidVania games. More like classic Megaman/Turrican type stuff instead. But hey, I always did like Turrican.....(glances at my avatar)....so I'll give this game a good look.

I was gonna rant a little about why couldn't they have made it look more cool instead of cutesy, but that seems a pointless debate on Ninty systems, so I won't bother.

I wonder how many more little-known gems will be coming out for the DS in the year or two it has left. I mean, we all know shovelware is about to rise to painful levels on the DS as big developers dump the DS in favor of the 3DS, but good games from lower-budget developers could really still be something viable on the old DS. With all the programming knowledge that has been gained over the years on the DS and the HUGE user-base the DS enjoys, there's potential for some really good games to be made that could still sell very well. Maybe they could tap a few under-used (on the DS anyway) genres and start pumping out those kinds of games, instead of producing just pure shovelware 98% of the time. Or maybe they could go back to the roots and release more retro games. I've always thought the DS (with its relatively weak specs) was perfectly suited to retro gaming. Too bad the DS was released after them whole "retro gaming" craze was already kind of fading.

jdevil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most Gamestops have it today. Should show up online soon then. Last worthwhile DS game before 3DS? Looks to be that way.

reddin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rayder said:
*snip*
Hope it's got decent music and sound effects too. You don't really get much info on that in those vids. I didn't see anything about a map either....that kind of kills the MetroidVania motif for me, as I've always found the map to be integral to MetroidVania games. More like classic Megaman/Turrican type stuff instead. But hey, I always did like Turrican.....(glances at my avatar)....so I'll give this game a good look.
*snip*
I would strongly advice you (and everyone else as well) to watch the GiantBomb QuickLook linked in the opening post, they show about half an hour of gameplay. Sold me to it instantly.
This game has a full on map, mapped out on a grid. It keeps percentage. You save in a library room. You gain new powers which allow you to explore new areas. This is a metroidvania game.

So yeah, this might be the last game I buy for my DS by the looks of things. It was a good run.
I hope my pre-order ships soon (after which it has to travel across the Atlantic Ocean for a couple of days
frown.gif
)

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jdevil99 said:
Most Gamestops have it today. Should show up online soon then. Last worthwhile DS game before 3DS? Looks to be that way.

Lets hope not,i'm still crossing my fingers for a US dqmj2pro release...

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just watched a bit of the quick look.. That game does look really nice.
That first power up (band blast or something) reminded me of Metroid.
smile.gif
(even that orb)

I didn't watch a monster-touchscreen part yet, so I dunno what that will bring exactly, but I'm looking foward to this game.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
machomuu said:
anderson110 said:
girl 's game!!!But this game was very successful modified
This game isn't directed towards girls specifically, it just has a female protagonist.
Just like Metroid, Parasite Eve or Fear Effect. Nothing wrong with that I think.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reddin said:
Rayder said:
*snip*
*snip*
I would strongly advice you (and everyone else as well) to watch the GiantBomb QuickLook linked in the opening post, they show about half an hour of gameplay. Sold me to it instantly.
This game has a full on map, mapped out on a grid. It keeps percentage. You save in a library room. You gain new powers which allow you to explore new areas. This is a metroidvania game.

So yeah, this might be the last game I buy for my DS by the looks of things. It was a good run.
I hope my pre-order ships soon (after which it has to travel across the Atlantic Ocean for a couple of days
frown.gif
)

Ahem....yeah.....didn't notice that was a link to a video before......my bad. Just watched it. Looks about like the 2D Metroid we never got on DS. Definitely want! It looks like my kind of game!

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rayder said:
Looks about like the 2D Metroid we never got on DS.
Exactly what I thought.
I kinda wish that game had some WiFi features for downloads or something (I always love that kind of extra in (monster) games)

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked online for the closest Gamestop to me that has this game......the closest one is 98.5 miles away....and there was only the one listed. I tried other stores like Target, Best Buy, Walmart, Toys'R'Us, etc., but most of them didn't even have a listing for this game, or they were still listing it as "coming soon".

I was hoping to see a dump appear tonight, but apparently not. Sigh....maybe tomorrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.