Souldragon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Didn't want to use the slider + monster hunter tri G to talk about monster hunter..So I made one just for monster hunter tri g

Source
Image Scan

EDIT....

What we know so far...

12 weapons
- Sword & Shield
- Great Sword
- Long Sword
- Bow & Arrow
- BowGun
- Switch Axe
- Hammer
- Lance
- Gun Lance
- Duel Sword
- Hunting Horn

The other is gun blade(or a light bowgun)

Monsters confirmed are:
Flagship monster is Burakidiosu
Great Baggi, Great Jaggi, Qurupeco, Barroth, Agnaktor, Uragaan, Barioth, Royal Ludroth,Jhen Mohran, Gigginox, Azure Rathalos, Pink Rathian, and Plesioth

We can agree that Rathalos and Rathian will be in it.

There a total of six locations and there will be under water as well
- Flooded Forest
- Tundra
- Deserted Island
- Sandy Plains
- Valcano
- And the last one seem to be forest from Monster Hunter Freedom 2 G

Chacha
- Blue Crab Mask Chacha
- You can have two Chacha

Villages:
- Main story Village.. Moga Village
- Local Multiplayer Village - Google translate it to Tangier

Online Multiplayer is still up in the air.

Monster Hunter Wiki stated there is Online Multiplayer.
Sorry mate, website doesn't state anything about Online play.. Let hope for the best

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say "co-op" MP, you mean ad-hoc/local? Because if the online mode is versus only...XD

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never played a Monster Hunter game, I fear I am missing out! Is it worth getting a PSP or Wii version on the cheap first to see if I like it?
I agree with Kingvamp, Capcom are going all out for the 3DS and I respect them for it- SFiv was well made, and RE-Mercs 3D is (despite all the gripes about the save system) an immense game- the fact that there is no story hasn't stopped me racking up more hours on that than even OoT3D. If the online Monster Hunter is as good as the online RE-Mercs it'll be phenomenal (as long as they iron out the flaws in choosing who to play against- a middle ground between the Mercs online [great once you're in but hard to get in] and the SFiv online [can't stop getting matches to the point of irritation- even when trying to turn off the wifi but then lousy matches vs spammers] would be ideal)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Weaselpipe said:
I've never played a Monster Hunter game, I fear I am missing out! Is it worth getting a PSP or Wii version on the cheap first to see if I like it?
I agree with Kingvamp, Capcom are going all out for the 3DS and I respect them for it- SFiv was well made, and RE-Mercs 3D is (despite all the gripes about the save system) an immense game- the fact that there is no story hasn't stopped me racking up more hours on that than even OoT3D. If the online Monster Hunter is as good as the online RE-Mercs it'll be phenomenal (as long as they iron out the flaws in choosing who to play against- a middle ground between the Mercs online [great once you're in but hard to get in] and the SFiv online [can't stop getting matches to the point of irritation- even when trying to turn off the wifi but then lousy matches vs spammers] would be ideal)
I tried the PSP version - It's nicely crafted. There are also rave reviews on the Wii version, especially on it's online.

Anyway, there might be a chance of this game not being localized in the US, FYI.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
I tried the PSP version - It's nicely crafted. There are also rave reviews on the Wii version, especially on it's online.

Anyway, there might be a chance of this game not being localized in the US, FYI.
I hope it does- Capcom know the series gets good reviews in EU/US so they'd be stupid not to. Plus they don't have the weird thing Harvest Moon/ Rune Factory games suffer from (Natsume localise in America, years later Rising Star localise for the EU)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Weaselpipe said:
chris888222 said:

I hope it does- Capcom know the series gets good reviews in EU/US so they'd be stupid not to. Plus they don't have the weird thing Harvest Moon/ Rune Factory games suffer from (Natsume localise in America, years later Rising Star localise for the EU)
Especially when Monster Hunter Tri got such high ratings. I really hope it gets localized.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Capcom, what if they cancel it
wink.gif

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Weaselpipe said:

MH3 on Wii is a great game. I've racked up quite a few hours on it. Only cod or Mario Kart has racked up more PT than it. It's multiplayer is great. The only complaint I have is that there is no health display for monsters you're fighting. I hope this game comes to the US and I hope they add a monster health bar cause it can be frustrating to land constant blows to a monster and think that it is weakening only to not see it limp away... Definitely give the Wii game a try if you already have a Wii. Give it some time as well cuz when I first got it, I actually disliked it, then once I played and got better armor, weapons, and competent allies online, the game became incredibly enjoyable.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for sidetracking the content in this topic. But i just had to say this game has some gorgeous visuals! Tri was already one of the best looking Wii games. But from the shots we've got so far of the 3DS version, it not only seems to be replicating the Wii's visuals to a T, but improving upon them in at least two ways that i've noticed-
- the colors are more vibrant than before
- character models now cast dynamic shadows on the environment (Tri on Wii only used basic circle shadow blobs)

I'm actually glad to see the 3DS finally get a game with large scale environments sporting lots of visual detail (shows that it CAN in fact support games with huge detailed environments if given the chance, despite what people assume about the 3DS). At the same time though, it saddens me. Not because of this game, but efforts from other developers. Tri G shows just how little effort most other parties have been putting into their 3DS games' visuals (even Nintendo's own games like OOT3D, which i happen to own and enjoy). It's easily among the best looking games on the 3DS (alongside Resident Evil Revelations, Kid Icarus Uprising, Mario Kart 7, etc). Though i feel in some ways it's a contender for best looking 3DS game from the brief shots we've seen from it. Hopefully the game holds a steady framerate ingame, though i have faith in Capcom's development competence (if not their treatment of the fanbase).

I really want to see if the game looks as good in motion as in shots, but if you haven't seen them yet, the official site was launched along with clean non-scanned shots here-
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3G/

I'll let you peruse them mostly by yourselves, but let me post the ones that really impressed me (first batch aren't at native 3DS resolution and don't look quite as good as they will on an actual 3DS)-
shinka01_p03.jpg

shinka01_p04.jpg

Tgs2011_title_mh3g_game06_l.jpg
Tgs2011_title_mh3g_game05_l.jpg

SCREENSHOT2.jpg
Tgs2011_title_mh3g_game03_l.jpg

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Must have missed it, that's a really great shot showing off how detailed and well textured some of the monsters are! Though it's probably best i didn't post too many, don't want to clutter everything up in a single post. You did it for me anyways lol!
smile.gif

I was focusing on shots showing the huge scale environments with lots of lighting and other effects, as opposed to character closeups that we see in a lot of 3DS games. Many people have been making an argument that the 3DS cannot handle large detailed and open environments as seen in Wii games like this (something to do with the corridors of RE:Revelations being small). This game though destroys that argument completely! It nails both close quartered visuals AND large scale environments.
tongue.gif

I hope we get more wide open large scale games in the future. I'm really enjoying Xenoblade on Wii at the moment, it would be very cool to get games with huge worlds like that on 3DS.

I'm no graphics whore, make no mistake. But i am against developers not taking advantage of what they've got to work with. Ubisoft is a prime example of this. They can't even properly port Rayman 2 from Dreamcast without removing all the lighting and sacrificing it to a rather pathetically low and unstable framerate. Pisses me off.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It looks... impressive.......

CAPCOM... Why no plans on west release??!?!?
cry.gif

I'll just listen to heartgold to calm myself down...
frown.gif

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
It looks... impressive.......

CAPCOM... Why no plans on west release??!?!?
cry.gif

I'll just listen to heartgold to calm myself down...
frown.gif
Excuse me? XDDD

@granvile: Yeah I'm pretty disappointed too, developers have been lacking and capcom has worked hard to show the system's true potential.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hmmm... Just checked Nintendo Contact Us and there's a category for games!

*sends an email request for localizing for MH Tri G* jkjk.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1