Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it's ridiculous to play MH with just one analog stick, especially in underwater.
That's also why the PSP version didn't have any underwater areas.

Which is why logically they would just make it for the Vita instead.

inb4 haters gonna hate.

they cant make it for it cuz they want the game to sell

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean its obvious, that unless Capcom was planning on bringing this west from the start, that nothing will happen. It's just like portable 3rd and HD. Although there was talk about possibly bringing HD here, that was never capcom's plan from the start, so it didnt, and most likely wont, happen.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Yeah, they wish they could start selling Monster Hunter games on the PSP level they sold.

Troll better.
Tell that to monster hunter 4 :3
Sony consoles (especially PSP) never sold the game? Honestly. Troll F'ing HARDER! http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/browse.php?name=monster+hunter&keyword=&console=&region=All&developer=&publisher=&genre=&boxart=Both&results=50&order=Popularity

Categorized by console, newest release per console type first (in other words, latest installment of the game per console):

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: 5.29 million sold (PSP)
Monster Hunter Freedom 3: 4.56 million sold (PSP) + 0.44 million sold (HD version PS3)
Monster Hunter Freedom 2: 2.49 million sold (PSP)
Monster Hunter Freedom: 1.29 million sold (PSP)
Total: 13.63 million sold + 0.44 (PS3)

Monster Hunter 2: 0.63 million sold (PS2)
Monster Hunter: 0.28 million sold (PS2)
Monster Hunter G: 0.23 million sold (PS2)
Total 1.14 million sold

Monster Hunter Tri: 1.97 million sold (Wii)
Monster Hunter G: 0.25 million sold (Wii)
Total: 2.22 million sold

Monster Hunter Frontier Online: 0.13 million sold (X360)
Total: 0.13 million sold

If you check the source for release dates, you can see the PSP outsold any other console by far (even by adding all other consoles together including the PS3). If this doesn't prove that Monster Hunter sold exceptionally well on the PSP, I really do hope that there is some kind of evidence against it. I'd add the 3DS sales, if they were available (Tri-G is kinda new, eh?). Regardless of sold so far, looking back at what the PSP had, it is quite clear that you just happen to either not have source (Google gave the source in a few seconds with the key words "game sales charts" and then "Monster Hunter") or just don't even want to look at anything else. Meh..

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why ? 3

4 is what matters

3 sold rather significantly less than the PSP Monster Hunters and was on a Nintendo console.

Of course Japan will eat up Monster Hunter if it was on almost any console. Maybe more so on the console brand that it started on and has persisted on.

EDIT: See Qtis's post for stats.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would much rather list them chronologically like this:
Monster Hunter Freedom 3: 4.56 million sold (PSP) + 0.44 million sold (HD version PS3)
Simply because it shows how well Capcom introduce MH to the PSP-audience and how they gradually managed to generate growth to the series by contently releasing new titles. I`m not trying to minimize the popularity of the brand on PSP but still I think by moving the brand to another platform they try to do the same with the 3DS while still maintaining the popularity on the PSP.

I think it is a smart move from Capcom, because like I said the PSP-audience is already in MH-fever and eventually there`ll be a MH:F4 for those as well...

TBH I personally am not much into MH. It would be nice of SEGA to make PSO2 for 3DS though :P

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, they wish they could start selling Monster Hunter games on the PSP level they sold.

Troll better.
Sony consoles (especially PSP) never sold the game? Honestly. Troll F'ing HARDER! http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/browse.php?name=monster+hunter&keyword=&console=&region=All&developer=&publisher=&genre=&boxart=Both&results=50&order=Popularity

Categorized by console, newest release per console type first (in other words, latest installment of the game per console):

Total 1.14 million sold

If you check the source for release dates, you can see the PSP outsold any other console by far (even by adding all other consoles together including the PS3). If this doesn't prove that Monster Hunter sold exceptionally well on the PSP, I really do hope that there is some kind of evidence against it. I'd add the 3DS sales, if they were available (Tri-G is kinda new, eh?). Regardless of sold so far, looking back at what the PSP had, it is quite clear that you just happen to either not have source (Google gave the source in a few seconds with the key words "game sales charts" and then "Monster Hunter") or just don't even want to look at anything else. Meh..

yet who is getting 4 ?

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Troll better.

Total 1.14 million sold

yet who is getting 4 ?

Does it matter? =S
Most likely they'll make the games multi-platform, I never really understood the need to bash another console's fan base, although I prefer Nintendo in the handheld department, I don't see anything wrong if they release it for the Vita as well... I think I read an article a long time ago that the reason why the DS never got a MH was because the graphics were too weak to be able to play MH properly, and I can understand that.

Anyways, all I want is the game to be localised in Europe. ♪♫ Nothing Else Matters ♫♪

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe

>VGChartz
I'm not backing up Valwin but you really can't use them as a source since they are mostly unreliable.

Also you've listed them wrong, Freedom Unite came out in 2008, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd came out in 2010

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm not backing up Valwin but you really can't use them as a source since they are mostly unreliable.

Also you've listed them wrong, Freedom Unite came out in 2008, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd came out in 2010

Regardless of how accurate they are in numbers, the overall gives the clear view that the games sold quite well (which was my point). I've heard VGCharts isn't the best place to check the numbers, but I couldn't bother checking the other sources. :3

About the last part you are correct, I posted that quite late in the night in between exams and studying for them (quite a few nights with very little sleep). Sorry 'bout that :)

D

Deleted_171835

Because it's ridiculous to play MH with just one analog stick, especially in underwater.
That's also why the PSP version didn't have any underwater areas.
Which is why logically they would just make it for the Vita instead.

inb4 haters gonna hate.
I doubt that will happen. Monster Hunter has a big emphasis on its multiplayer. Capcom is not going to split the user-base by releasing two different versions of the same game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well