ROM Hack WIP Monster Hunter Stories 2 Demo Save Editor

Rsvpripp3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No i know how to use it. Im asking how do you edit the monster and stuff like can you make duplicates or you stuff like that

Jerry48

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am confused on how to add items. It sounds like some of you were able to use this for that? Is it implemented? I go to the Item tab, press Append/Search Item, then nothing shows up. On release 0.10. Super cool tool otherwise!

EDIT: just realized I did not extract the "info" folder with the exe. Now items show up.

Last edited by Jerry48,

Kiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would this save editor be able to edit the steam id of my save file? Trying to transfer save files between steam accounts.
This save editor doesn't have that functionality, no. You could try converting your save to Switch, and then back to PC with the different Steam ID using Asterisk's converter.

Ryuuseiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
support monster type in 『info/monster.txt』
If you would like, you can help me edit the following file.

ID List:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...SmGQN_wdaOAljhINBGiRgggxY/edit#gid=1986783245
already added English version - keep up the great work man
the Editor only change the Monster not the ability
and one more thing - the ID LIST Item in the current github doesnt show all Item in the list.
Some are missing when i tried to edit. The item still exist in the item.txt but i cant auto nor maunally search for it
Ex : Dreadqueen Scale+/Carapace/Ruby and Grimclaw Scale+/Carapace/Talon+

Last edited by Ryuuseiz,

Max89

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
and one more thing - the ID LIST Item in the current github doesnt show all Item in the list.
Some are missing when i tried to edit. The item still exist in the item.txt but i cant auto nor maunally search for it
yes i also have silver ticket in the inventory but cant see in the editor item list

KitsuKaito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i also have silver ticket in the inventory but cant see in the editor item list
The current version is a little bugged with the item list. Try using the last file I uploaded to see if that fixes it. I think its not showing item names if there's no Japanese item description even with the English description present.

Jowdan3006

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just thought I'd mention that using a Pc save file along side AsteriskAmpersand save converter linked ealier works fine but only on version 0.9 and below of this save editor. The game says the save files are corrupted when using newer versions.

Deobulakenyo

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The current version is a little bugged with the item list. Try using the last file I uploaded to see if that fixes it. I think its not showing item names if there's no Japanese item description even with the English description present.

I experienced this too. the editor would hang when i click on the items tab because the list (English only item list) can't be loaded

Rsvpripp3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So question with this monster id list, your saying if i change the type the monster in game will change to that monster. I'm lost please explain that to me thank you

LittleSky0205

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So here's a little feedback, I tried using the monster editor, the monster definitely changed, Ex. Paolumu to Mitzusune, but unfortunately, Mitzusune would retain Paolumu's ability (Fly). :3

Ryuuseiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
well i give up with the monster info. everything i did last night already deleted
Every English monster...... and the warning on top of the List

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i kinda left without giving the quote, but here it is