Monster Hunter May Come to PS3 *and* Xbox 360

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A portion of an IGN interview with producer Ryozo Tsujimoto...

QUOTE said:
IGN: Were the PS3 and Xbox 360 ever considered for Monster Hunter Tri?

Ryozo Tsujimoto: Monster Hunter 3 originally started out as a PS3 game, but we switched to Wii because of the unique control system. We wanted to make something intuitive, so that if you hadn't played the PSP version or were a more casual gamer, you can still can get into it. So we created this particular game on Wii. But we never say never – it's just that we haven't had the opportunity to bring Monster Hunter to PS3 or Xbox 360 yet.

Full IGN Interview
News Source: GoNintendo

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i hope not
evil.gif

my brother has a ps3 and him and i are massive monster hunter fans so when it was brought to wii i was like haha the wii rules
toot.gif

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
heh "intuitive". maybe if it focused on motion controls. but it doesnt. i'd be happy to see this one go to 360 or ps3. as long as platforms can play with each other

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odds are it'll come to the PS3. Monster Hunter has come out exclusively for Sony products, outside of this one, from what I remember (correct me if I'm wrong). I was actually surprised this was a Wii title, especially with a good part of it being online play and the Wii's overall crap online support.

XtremeCore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox is possible, but not PS3. Capcom has already claim that the cost price for PS3 was high, thus, switched Monster Hunter 3 to Wii, not sure about Wii has unique control system part though ...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XtremeCore said:
Xbox is possible, but not PS3. Capcom has already claim that the cost price for PS3 was high, thus, switched Monster Hunter 3 to Wii, not sure about Wii has unique control system part though ...
yet they still bring their big gun games to the PS3?
like RE5 and DMC4, and a few other

I doubt cost has to do with anything, not only that but the PS3 just got a $100 price drop and now is $299 so shouldn't be a problem anymore

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
IGN: Were the PS3 and Xbox 360 ever considered for Monster Hunter Tri?

Ryozo Tsujimoto: Monster Hunter 3 originally started out as a PS3 game, but we switched to Wii because of the unique control system. We wanted to make something intuitive, so that if you hadn't played the PSP version or were a more casual gamer, you can still can get into it. So we created this particular game on Wii. But we never say never – it's just that we haven't had the opportunity to bring Monster Hunter to PS3 or Xbox 360 yet.

What a bunch of BS! They had the opportunity to bring MH3 to the PS3! It was the first option for the game!
LOL, and they switched to the Wii because of the controls? Why does the game doesn't use it then? That doesn't make any sense.

MH3 is on the Wii because of the big userbase in Japan and the lower development costs. MH3 was never a big success on consoles anyway, a PS3 version was too risky. On the Wii's case, if it had failed, a PSP port would be easy to do (and I doubt we won't see one even with MH3 sales going well).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-