Zaiga

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Me and my friend are trying to play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. I have bought mine and it is the US version. But my friend has custom firmware and downloaded the EU version. When we tried to play multiplayer, we couldn't connect to each other. Even though we were in the same gathering areas and channel. What's going on?

If he changes to the US verison, then can he transfer over his EU character?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
Me and my friend are trying to play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. I have bought mine and it is the US version. But my friend has custom firmware and downloaded the EU version. When we tried to play multiplayer, we couldn't connect to each other. Even though we were in the same gathering areas and channel. What's going on?

If he changes to the US verison, then can he transfer over his EU character?

Unless you're doing it through adhoc over the internet then you can't connect two games of a different region. As far as I know you can't change the regions on the saves.

ComplicatioN

Broken Barriers
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zaiga said:
What would letting my friend borrow my UMD do?
thats very smart
biggrin.gif

cos he could dump the iso and use it
biggrin.gif

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Tell your friend to download the US version. But the consequence is he can't use his EU savedata. If he insist using the EU version, maybe you should use CFW and download the EU version (but you can't use your US savedata). If both of you insist using your own 2 version, just forget about playing multiplayer together.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
His friend need download nothing else for them to play multiplayer...problem solved in Post #3.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The save files are the same, all you have to do is change the name of the folder.

Have you guys never tried this before, seriously? That OP had to think of it himself!

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
The save files are the same, all you have to do is change the name of the folder.

Have you guys never tried this before, seriously? That OP had to think of it himself!

Ummm...no. It'll show up as corrupt data. There is more than just the name of the folder. There are usually multiple files in a save folder and not just the save itself.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right. Explain why I've yet to have a problem doing this? Matter of fact, later today I'll be downloading MHFU US, and I'll do it myself. I'll probably post about it tomorrow or the day after.

leekod

Trophies
XP
Country
changing the name of the save file will only get you a corrupt data...there are many ways to convert a savefile...you can use save game deemer a psp plugins(for CFW)..

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
leekod said:
changing the name of the save file will only get you a corrupt data...there are many ways to convert a savefile...you can use save game deemer a psp plugins(for CFW)..
Can you tell me where I can get this "save game deemer"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...