Hacking Monster Hunter 4 Anti-Piracy

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
This is why it sucks to be an early adopter... But depending on how this turns out I might hop onboard the Gateway train

P

pasc

Without Wifi Support Gateway is worthless...

Also reusing those previous NDS Adaptor / R4i Dongle Saves won't work...

Seriously ?

P

pasc

Are you trying to convince us, or yourself? I never understand why people say this. You wouldn't want to use Wifi even if it was supported.
I'm convincing no-one.

It's just you have to realize that this product was/is rushed.

Sure it DOES work.

However, for future releases - if they keep their - no online "feature" this won't do any good.

Trust me , it WILL matter.

I played Metroid on the DS DOZENS of hours, solely because it had online.

Go figure.

Reactions: raulpica
P

pasc

So true

mario kart, pokemon, monster hunter ... wifi is essential

Yet the funny thing is:

Back in the GBA Days the Gateway card would have rocked !

I didn't care about any "online-modes".

I just loved good old link-cable play with some friends.

It was simple, yet effective.

Part of the reason why I still have some Matchups with that lovely device even nowadays.

Reactions: Osha

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
man online interactions is what its not working, multiplayer local works perfectly, if you dont want to play online, get a gateway, even so you can get another 3ds to use the gateway and the one updated to play legit online, if people go online with the gateway they could get their consoles banned like in the xbox 360, for me the gateway is a VERY good option because of the region lock removed, and for games without online

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
No progress on this huh? Or are they just waiting to release the AP fix until they know it's too late for a counter-fix for Pokemon. I guess it's all speculation again... Is there a clairvoyant on these forums?

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
cjmO0Wl.jpg

Saw this on a Chinese forum.

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chiejina : that is considering it's an "anti piracy" patch. But I bet you it isn't : non working game =/ anti piracy.

As I said in one of my previous post, the game was most likely GOLD and in factory before Nintendo even got a sample of the Gateway 3DS. Even if they did, I doubt they had the time to think about an antipiracy check.

More like a side effect of a game most likely compiled with a newer SDK than 4.5.0.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man online interactions is what its not working, multiplayer local works perfectly, if you dont want to play online, get a gateway, even so you can get another 3ds to use the gateway and the one updated to play legit online, if people go online with the gateway they could get their consoles banned like in the xbox 360, for me the gateway is a VERY good option because of the region lock removed, and for games without online

couldnt someone come up with a method to reroute ,like is done with streetpass? so 3ds would think 2 systems are connecting local but are really connecting over the einternet? probably need a server site online to find other users on pc
something like xlink kai?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: