• Total voters

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only monster hunter game i've played is Tri, and that was one of the worst games i've ever played.
So the chances of me getting this are very slim, unless the 3DS gets hacked and I can try it for free, I guess.

Anakir

Project: Melee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monster Hunter won't appeal to everyone; just like any other game. The multiplayer is what I'm attracted to the most for MH games. Its very addicting to do quests with many players. I didn't really enjoy the offline play much since all I did was gather items.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For me it was just a sloppy combat system. It's a game that revolves around combat, yet it uses a very simplistic and unrefined combat system. Dunno if all MH games were like Tri, but that's definitely the impression I got from it.

Everything else seemed fine, but like I said...a game centralized around combat should have a GOOD combat system.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
For me it was just a sloppy combat system. It's a game that revolves around combat, yet it uses a very simplistic and unrefined combat system. Dunno if all MH games were like Tri, but that's definitely the impression I got from it.

Everything else seemed fine, but like I said...a game centralized around combat should have a GOOD combat system.
How much of Tri did you play?

Treflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the Monster Hunter series has a pretty damn refined combat system. I'm willing to bet you only played a little bit of it >.< I'll admit, even i was turned off the first time i played it, but i realized it wasn't the game's fault, i just sucked at it xD when you get better and get a feel for all the weapon types it's really loads of fun.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never played Tri, but it look just like the other Monster Hunters.

What wrong with the combat system?

The way it is just make it seem like you are fighting for real.

How would you even have the combat?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Hells Malice said:

How much of Tri did you play?

He couldn't Hack and Slash like in God of War so it was a terrible combat system.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just imagine God of War combat system in Monster Hunter.

You have like 10X the bosses to fight at one time and use the right button combination to win
wacko.gif
laugh.gif

You know what just image Kratos in Monster Hunter.
rofl.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:

I don't know about you but I never found Monster Hunter to be about the combat system. It's more about collection. Killing monsters, mining, digging up plants, etc to get materials to improve the village, get armor and weapons, etc. When I first approached the game I thought it'd be about epic battles with monsters but it's really just about collecting stuff. It was offsetting the first time I tried playing the series but the second time around, when I approached it as a game not about combat, I found it thoroughly rewarding and addictive.

Anakir

Project: Melee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:

There's quite a learning curve for every weapon. So I don't really understand.

D

Deleted-188346

Anakir said:
Hells Malice said:

There's quite a learning curve for every weapon. So I don't really understand.
Not to mention applying the weapon types to each individual monster. Every weapon has a different strategy against every monster. MH games have a surprising amount of depth to the combat. Except, of course, if you sleepbomb.

zionfarm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Honestly, the main reason I want a 3DS version is because I won't be getting an NGP for a while. I don't give a crap about the 3D, I just want to play Monster Hunter.

I agree with you 100% I just want to play Monster Hunter period.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ