Monster Hunter 3DS.

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Anakir, Apr 3, 2011.

?

Would you get it?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe/Depends on...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Apr 3, 2011

Monster Hunter 3DS. by Anakir at 9:22 AM (7,299 Views / 0 Likes) 117 replies

1. Anakir
    OP

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    Did I just get your hopes up? Well, keep'em that way cause I guarantee you, there will eventually be one. Think about it:

MH = popular in Japan
    Japan = nintendo is popular
    Nintendo = gets a MH 3DS

I'm sure Capcom won't miss out on this opportunity. Not only that, 3DS basically screams for a MH game with its touch screen features. Imagine not having to run around like headless chickens while scrolling through our inventories. Imagine mixing items on the spot without having to stop. Imagine - MH 3DS.

I'm just so hyped for this game lol. You can quote me on this; I'm 100% sure Capcom will make a MH 3DS. Until then, we just have to wait. [​IMG] whether or not we get an American/European port will depend.. considering 3DS is region locked as well.. sadface.

Edit: MH 3DS confirmed!?

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/monster-hunter-...game-to-english

2. Fear Zoa

Member Fear Zoa This... This is the world we live in

United States
    we better get a port.....we don't have enough hack-n-slash type games here....
    besides....the psp ports did well didn't they?

3. xinyyy78

Newcomer xinyyy78 Member

China
    Maybe yes maybe no,but Capcom is making the Resident Evil now...

4. Anakir
    OP

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    MH did extremely well on PSP. But think about it, its on PSP - a portable system - which was powerful at its time. MH would NOT be suitable for a DS considering its hardware limitations. 3DS is proven to be very successful in terms of amount of units sold and its hardware (which of course surpasses PSP). If 3DS is more powerful than a PSP, I don't see why not Capcom wouldn't make it for 3DS. The hardware itself doesn't even need to be pushed. Give us the same gameplay value, and heck, even graphics equivalent to PSP's and it will still sell successfully compared to its PSP counterparts.

@xinyyy: obviously its a maybe. Anything is a maybe. I wouldn't care so much about RE; I'm gonna be sticking with SSF4 for a while until MH comes out.

5. Cloak519

Member Cloak519 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

LOL you sound like a Capcom salesperson.
    In all fairness though, I agree that there will be a MH3DS. I'd rather it be built from ground-up rather than ported from the PSP or Wii or what have you, but I'd settle for a port I guess.
    This is slightly unrelated, but am I the only one with this strange feeling that there will be a Castlevania 64 port sometime into the 3DS' future?
    I don't know why but it just feels right.

6. Kawo

Member Kawo GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Yeah, I have read an article about a possible MH3D some time ago.
    Is not impossible, the 3DS is selling well, is famous and some fan buy the PSP only for MH, I'm not interested for now but if the game is good I will probably change idea.

7. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    MH = popular in Japan
    Japan = nintendo is popular
    Nintendo = gets a MH 3DS[/p]

Are you seriously using that as an argument?
    With all the hints there's been lately?

I actually was expecting this thread to be about this

8. jpxdude

Member jpxdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Your wishes are confirmed [​IMG]

mynintendonews.com/2011/04/03/nintendo-3ds-monster-hunter-3ds-revealed-by-employee-translating-the-game-into-english/

9. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Can I nominate this for "Post of the Month"?
    Amazing news [​IMG]

10. Cloak519

Oh goody, I didn't know there was more ground to a MH game on 3DS than just a hypothesis.
    I'm impressed and looking forward to it.

11. Rukia-san

Member Rukia-san GBAtemp Regular

France
    I like MH so much, it is an addicting game! I used to play it on my sister PSP and I'll love to play it on my 3DS, imagine 3D Tigrex...

12. beenii

Member beenii GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    everyone who played the psp versions (and loved them, as i do) is familiar with the "claw"! (while moving with the thumb on theanalog nub changing the viewing angle with the index finger on the digi-pad. while im completely comfortable with this technique by now its clear this is absolutely impossible on the 3DS. so the only solution would be a touchpad one, similar to mario64 on ds, and i dont know if i could enjoy this one.
    on the other side, as far as i remember, the creator of the monster hunter series did state, that he loves the 3DS. didnt mention monster hunter, but well, why not.
    partially because of monster hunter 3rd portable, psp was the most selled hardware (gaming sector) last year and did surpass 3DS numbers last month in japan. so if i had to bet, i would bet on a NGP-version rather than a 3DS one. especially after the NGP reveal, where MH3rdP was showen in better resolution on the NGP

13. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I kind of like the thought, but I'd rather see something like it on the NGP.

Since the NGP basically runs on PS3 level graphics, it would look much better. The touchscreen can also be useful.

The 3DS doesn't seem to want to go into more hardcore games yet.

14. Fear Zoa

Member Fear Zoa This... This is the world we live in

United States
    So this means monster hunter and pokemon on the same platform? ....those two games alone could move a few million units...and thats not even counting the inevitable Zelda, Mario, Castlevania, and other games on the platform.

I do believe the 3ds is awesome.....just not yet...all it needs is time (wouldn't hurt if japan could catch a break from the whole "divine intervention" thing either)

15. Cloak519

On MHF2 I just re-centred the camera behind myself all of the time. I only looked around like that when I was stationary.
    Also, why is it impossible on the 3DS? It has a circle pad and D-pad... just like the PSP has a nub and D-pad.
    If anything, given that the D-pad is underneath, I'd say it would be easier on the 3DS.
    Sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "claw".

16. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    It doesn't want too,but at the same time you do not want it too? [​IMG]

3D + MH = [​IMG]

17. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    Never played Monster Hunter.

Always wanted to.

Can't wait!

18. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Really, I'd just want to see my monsters with great graphics instead of 3D. Considering the series has been on the PSP, PS2, and Wii its entire lifetime (although there was a XBLA game or something like that), I'd want to see the monsters looking fucking badass with PS3-quality graphics, not in 3D. 3D is not nearly as appealing as it seems, since the game will basically look the same as the PSP versions. Well, a bit better, but the PSP isn't leaps and bounds behind the 3DS.

Plus dual analog sticks in Monster Hunter would be a "FUCKING FINALLY!" moment. Easy camera movement, hello. EDIT: Yeah, there are two analog sticks on the PS2 and on the Wii (if you're using a Classic Controller) but its honestly been primarily a PSP series, and the PSP has always been bound to that single analog nub.

The NGP seems like a most practical system for the game.

19. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    You keep forgetting that the touch screen can work as a second analog stick. 3DS has like wii level
    graphics, are you saying the psp is close to the wii?

Graphics.... I want something different then just graphics. It will be fun having projectiles and monsters
    coming out to my face.

20. Arsic

Newcomer Arsic Advanced Member

Canada
    Dual analog nubs ftw. I'm still getting used to the claw, but those dual analog nubs will be an absolute godsend. For new people there's always been a learning curve for the claw, but that never stopped me from playing a fun game.

I imagine, the only way the 3DS can execute similar controls is if they used the touch screen for both camera movement and face buttons. That would be just about as convenient, if not, then the same because dual analogs and full touch screen would mean taking your hand off of either to control the other.