Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
machomuu said:
altorn said:
machomuu said:
Uh...I never said I cared about graphics.

I never said you did. I just said "you should", which im not sure if you do.
Sorry about arguing man. Yes i have wrong points.
Same to you, I've been playing Phoenix Wright lately, so I just "got in the mood".

OBJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (in 3D!)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol ^

I forgot to mention yes some 3DS users who "love(no marrying please.
tongue.gif
)" the 3DS call
it a gimmick,but not in a bad since.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
KingVamp said:
lol ^

I forgot to mention yes some 3DS users who "love(no marrying please.
tongue.gif
)" the 3DS call
it a gimmick,but not in a bad since.

No offense but i really hate reading wrongly spelled words. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

if the MH 3DS plays the same or better than Samurai Warriors, then yeah i'll buy it!

punkyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
edit:
Not the best source but wth.

QUOTE said:
It has been rumoured that “Monster Hunter” will be out on the 3DS even before its launch, and has now been confirmed by an employee who works for a company which translates games from Japanese into English. “Monster Hunter 3DS” does exist and it was originally to be announced on 13th of March in the Fukuoka conference and the “Monster Hunter Festa 11? in many other places

…and:

But we all know that these events have been cancelled due to the recent earthquake. However, as the famous producer Yoshinori Ono has admitted that there will be many new game launches on the 3DS in the future, those who hope Monster Hunter to be on the 3DS can be looking forward to hearing this new game from the Capcom Captivate 2011 next month.”

source: Monster Hunter 3DS

Anakir

Project: Melee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
MH = popular in Japan
Japan = nintendo is popular
Nintendo = gets a MH 3DS[/p]

Are you seriously using that as an argument?
With all the hints there's been lately?

I actually was expecting this thread to be about this

Wow. I didn't know that at all. I knew they were going to announce it but didn't know it was going to be this soon. Mine was all based on speculation and a huge gut feeling. I've been saying it ever since I saw how the 3DS functions. Regardless, thanks for the link. This makes me really excited.

----

Gonna be reading the rest of the pages now.. this thread went by fast.

altorn said:
after the tsunami and earthquake in japan, all of the expected projects were cancelled.
now they're only making Imagine games, pets games and puzzle for the 3DS until next year.

Imagine yourself putting makeup and taking care of babies in 3D!

I'd tap that.

Guild McCommunist said:
QUOTE(dinofan01 @ Apr 4 2011, 02:21 AM)
Not to mention looking at Nintendo's sucess with wii and ds, Capcom realizes the install base for 3ds is likely to be much greater than ngp. So yeah realisim is 3ds.

It's not like the FASTEST SELLING GAME IN CAPCOM HISTORY was on the PSP. According to Capcom. Even then, Monster Hunter Tri/3 didn't sell anywhere near the amount of copies that Portable 3rd did and I do believe it sold around the same/less than the other Monster Hunters on the PSP (correct me if I'm wrong).

You're right about the amount of sold copies for PSP's compared to the Wii's, but you can't really compare the Wii's game to the PSP's. They're on two completely different platforms and you're comparing playing at one's comfort to bring the game anywhere to a game where you can only play at home. Obviously the portable game will win by miles; though, this is only in MH's case. Other games, such as SSF4, cannot be compared to MH (like SSF4 portable to SSF4 console) because SSF4 is a competitive game played in tournaments. You will barely ever see a major tournament where people bring handhelds for competitive battles (maybe this can change in the future as handhelds get more sophisticated).

I do, however, agree with more detailed graphics. MH is a game where I would literally just stop my character in the middle of the field to look at the environment. There's so much work and detail involved which makes me think Capcom should really push this. But, I understand 3DS' hardware limit and I wouldn't mind if they stayed with PSP's graphics. Playing MH Tri was an amazing experience for me because of the design. I will barely ever use the 3D effect. Maybe once in a while I'll play with it but it won't do much for me in terms of gameplay. So in the end; graphics > 3D.

-----

Edit: by the way, I realllllllly hope its not pay to play for us. Japanese people have no problem with it being pay to play. Capcom should know what to do to please us since many of us aren't living in Japan afterall. MHTri not being pay to play for the Wii was a really smart move.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:
You guys want a super realistic looking game? Play "life". About as real as you could get. With all the perfect texture, lighting, and everything.
laugh.gif

for me, it seriously doesn't matter what the graphics look like. I could play an 8bit Monster Hunter if someone made one. Its the gameplay that will keep you hooked that matters anyway.

Now it gets to the point that graphics matter when the developer FUCKS UP THE LIGHTING *cough* *cough*. I usually dont care about graphics as long as they dont look like TOTAL shit which is what happens on Wii cod games.

I want gameplay 1st then graphics, but if I can have them both I'll take it and if i cant DONT FUCK UP THE LIGHTING!!!

edit: sorry for the double post...my mistake

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd play it, especially if it supported online play and Spotpass/StreetPass. The 3DS is pretty similar in terms of control style with the PSP (with the exception of the touch screen and the two motion control things), so I'm sure it'll control fine. Not to say the controls on the PSP are ideal for a game like it - the MH game I played on the PSP (can't remember which one it was) felt a bit archaic in terms of camera vs movement, but I think that's part of the game's charm. (Especially when it's your fault for turning the camera instead of dodging. Always makes me go FFFFFUUUUUUU)

I don't think we'll need another analog stick on the touch screen - the PSP didn't need it. If anything, I think the touch screen could function as the Map and item screen (as I was never fond of having the map in the way anywho), and for menu navigation and such. I mean, I guess a virtual control stick wouldn't hurt, but I wouldn't use it.

Oh, and as for judging the depth - I have had problems in previous games, and I do think the 3D would definitely help. But I'd buy it either way.

Edit
Thought Captivate had an embargo on the news until Tuesday?

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
According to my calculations, there is 3 hours and 20 minutes from this post, before we possibly find out some details on the Monster Hunter 3DS release.
smile.gif

Basically this is when the embargo on the Capcom Captivate news is lifted (8am PST) Then the news should come flooding in.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jpxdude said:
According to my calculations, there is 3 hours and 20 minutes from this post, before we possibly find out some details on the Monster Hunter 3DS release.
smile.gif

Basically this is when the embargo on the Capcom Captivate news is lifted (8am PST) Then the news should come flooding in.
Countdown, precise to minute? lol
we shall see
biggrin.gif

yes, i would get it
smile.gif
!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windaga said:
Nope, nothing about Monster Hunter at all, actually. Well, other than this, but it's just for Monster Hunter Frontier for the 360.

Doesn't mean they aren't making one, though. I'd still like to see one, eventually.

Are they even releasing MHF outside of Japan? I seriously thought it was weird they'd bring a Monster Hunter game to the XBLA and keep it Japan exclusive (and XBLA exclusive) considering the 360's stance in Japan, sales wise.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Windaga said:
Nope, nothing about Monster Hunter at all, actually. Well, other than this, but it's just for Monster Hunter Frontier for the 360.

Doesn't mean they aren't making one, though. I'd still like to see one, eventually.

Are they even releasing MHF outside of Japan? I seriously thought it was weird they'd bring a Monster Hunter game to the XBLA and keep it Japan exclusive (and XBLA exclusive) considering the 360's stance in Japan, sales wise.

It doesn't look like it :/

I mean, it would make sense consumer base wise....but I suppose it's possible that they believe the rate of people that like Monster Hunter and own a 360 in North America is smaller than the amount of people that have a 360 and like Monster Hunter in Japan. I'm surprised Frontier wasn't released on the PS3 - a large portion of the MH fanbase comes from Sony's consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system