Gaming Monster Hunter 3 Beginning Guide.

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yay I was able to repel the Lagcarius alone and kill even the Barroth by myself. I would say the Barroth was tougher. Killing online though is much tougher. Guys drop like flies without doing enough ducking and rolling.

Leiw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
thanks, very helpful info
smile.gif

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys help here. I am fighting the stupid 4 star quest Gigginox and I can't beat this guy. I have the Plume Axe Hammer and I have been wailing away on him even with 2 traps and just beating him down and he is just impossible
I either die 2 times and then run out of time. His stupid venom stuff makes me sick and I waste a ton of antidote and potions recovering my health.

any tips?

AlphaOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dharmaboy said:
Hey guys help here. I am fighting the stupid 4 star quest Gigginox and I can't beat this guy. I have the Plume Axe Hammer and I have been wailing away on him even with 2 traps and just beating him down and he is just impossible
I either die 2 times and then run out of time. His stupid venom stuff makes me sick and I waste a ton of antidote and potions recovering my health.

any tips?

Tried to fight him a couple of times and failed. I'm thinking of using bowguns next. Dont know what armor has poison negate or use charms and jewels to get it.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If your doing this offline take Cha Cha with you he's good bait, also fire based weapons are good to use here. it's not that difficult to dodge its poison attacks just learn the signals so you can dodge any given attack oh and by the way you can take up to 4 traps with you on the quest
wink.gif
if your really struggling just take trap box and the other required material ( you can only take 2 trap boxes with you).
Ummm...you can damage it's head and it's belly, I think you can damage the tail aswell (not sure about chopping it off though). If you manage to flip it onto it's back lay into it's belly and hope it breaks the gigginox won't do as many poison attacks after that.
And beware when its on the ceiling (unless there is no ceiling
tongue.gif
) as it has a very long range attack that could wipe you out if your by yourself.

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks Darkway.
I think I might need to get a better weapon with quick strikes and the ability to duck and roll better. The Giginox is pretty quick moving and fluid. Walking around with an Assault Axe and Plume Hammer (one with the gobul spark light).

Any suggestions for weapons? I need to go online and do some missions and gather resources for a Long Sword. But it costs a ton!

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dharmaboy said:
Thanks Darkway.
I think I might need to get a better weapon with quick strikes and the ability to duck and roll better. The Giginox is pretty quick moving and fluid. Walking around with an Assault Axe and Plume Hammer (one with the gobul spark light).

Any suggestions for weapons? I need to go online and do some missions and gather resources for a Long Sword. But it costs a ton!

Yeah long sword is nice
smile.gif
haha. umm I think the first time I did it I actually use dthe Bone Bludgeon+ (hammer)
rofl2.gif
but now I use fire based long sword I forget its name....well I use alot of weapons
rofl.gif
it depends entirely on the monster. if a particular monster starts giving you trouble visit Monster Hunter Wiki (Monsters page) click the Monster that's beating you around and check it's weakness down the right hand side of the page. There used to be guides on there aswell but they've all been taken down for some reason I'm guessing "reshiuffling" the wiki.

supersonic5000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dharmaboy said:
Thanks Darkway.

Try the Wyvern Blade "Fire", it's made out of rathian and rathalos pieces and it's a very good long sword.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
supersonic5000 said:
Dharmaboy said:
Thanks Darkway.
Try the Wyvern Blade "Fire", it's made out of rathian and rathalos pieces and it's a very good long sword.

THAT'S THE ONE haha Wyvern Blade "Fire" whenever I'm not using my Guan Dao
smile.gif

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wish there was another way to get access to other areas other than doing a quest, I was looking for stuff today and quit the mission and lost all items, had to get my kids from school

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I am slowly coming out of the noob camp and into the more experienced hunter's realm. Now I have ONLINE slayed a Barrioth, Barroth, Giginox, Legiacrus, Rathian, and Great Baggi.

The tough mofos is the Diablos (oh my word), Uragaan (holy jesus), and Agnaktor (ow ow ow oweeee).

It's been fun as hell. Just need to get the carves I want. What is the best armor to fight Lagiacrus in before you get to carve and get his set? I am using Level4 Barroth armor right now and Anata Bone Blade.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dharmaboy said:
Well I am slowly coming out of the noob camp and into the more experienced hunter's realm. Now I have ONLINE slayed a Barrioth, Barroth, Giginox, Legiacrus, Rathian, and Great Baggi.

The tough mofos is the Diablos (oh my word), Uragaan (holy jesus), and Agnaktor (ow ow ow oweeee).

It's been fun as hell. Just need to get the carves I want. What is the best armor to fight Lagiacrus in before you get to carve and get his set? I am using Level4 Barroth armor right now and Anata Bone Blade.

I did that in Bone Armour...
rofl2.gif
it's not adviced to do that though, the others will moan >.> I guess you can stay in your Barroth Armour
wink.gif
just learn to dodge it's moves. If I remember correctly there's a berry that boosts thunder resistance, take a couple of those with you use them while your fighting Lagiacrus
wink.gif
they don't last long so wait until your on the same map.

Dharmaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good question. Can I carry a gunner setup and my regular Switch Axe or can I be only one person at a time? I've dabled with the gunner setup when playing the Japanese version last year.

Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://youtu.be/N8pbnjvypQ0?feature=shared&t=958