modmyswitch.co.uk SX Pro paid, order cancelled scam

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by louij2, Sep 15, 2018.

1. louij2
    OP

louij2 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi

I just purchased an SX Pro off modmyswitch.co.uk who was on the vendor list on Team Xeucter website, however on my account page it says that my order has been cancelled, even though I went through all the wordpay prompts and paid for the item. I have received a confirmation from worldpay saying I have paid and the money has come out of my account. Has anyone else had any issues like this? I have tried calling and emailing the vendor, however have not had any response yet.

Any help greatly appreciated, was wary of paying without PayPal protection but seems like this wasn't and option. Hope I haven't been scammed
    :switch::yayswitch:

2. VegaNovus

VegaNovus Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Wrong forum.

3. andyhappypants

andyhappypants Pika!

Jul 27, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Hoenn
    Contact your bank, They will return the money and force the cancellation of the payment.

louij2 and Canna like this.
  4. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

GBAtemp Patron
    Canna is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    How rude,its regarding switch 3rd party tools.,and is a question...

If you contact modmyswitch.co.uk do you get a response ? maybe they have or are out of stock and have cancelled your order..But as they have not refunded you yet, i suggest you speak to your bank and cancel the order,
    tell them they taken money from your account and were not authorised to do so. i would not mention what it is you was buying, play dumb...
    But for team xecuter to recommend them as a reseller , please contact team xecuter also and warn them of modmyswitch.co.uk taking money and not sending goods.

But to be honest guy, Its the weekend here they maybe not at work wait till monday and contact them..

Last edited by Canna, Sep 15, 2018
    louij2 and andyhappypants like this.
  5. louij2
    OP

louij2 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yeah I thought probably cos of the weekend, going to try give them a call on Monday, I haven't had a reply to the emails I sent yet. Most likely just misscommunications of their payment method.

andyhappypants likes this.
  6. louij2
    OP

louij2 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Says on my account page processing now instead of cancelled, initially it said pay now.

7. Mark2333

Mark2333 Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2017
    United States
    You can dispute the order no matter you use the CC or Paypal.

8. louij2
    OP

louij2 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi when I went to pay there was no more option for PayPal, even when checking back now I see no PayPal, so I paid with debit assuming it would be okay because its an official reseller. Also noticed on their website that they have 20 in stock.

Last edited by louij2, Sep 19, 2018
  9. Mark2333

Mark2333 Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2017
    United States
    Try to e-mail to them?

10. louij2
    OP

louij2 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Emailed 3 times no response. Called 3 times no response.

11. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Addict

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    you forget that you're probably buying from a 1 man operation. The guy probably has a full time job and sells carts on the side. So you need to give it at least 1 week before you start emailing and calling.

12. louij2
    OP

louij2 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Bro I totally understand this, however he says on the website it will ship in 2 working days? The reason I opened this thread was because it said order cancelled when I had paid for it

13. Myshkin

Myshkin Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2016
    i've used them with no problems, maybe just give it a little while for them to reply before assuming the worst.

louij2 likes this.
  14. louij2
    OP

louij2 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Can wait, just needed that reassurance as first time not paying with PayPal in a long time.

15. gingertips

gingertips Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    Same here. No response to emails. Took money. promises 2 day shipped. Still shows 20 in stock and my order shows processing. Would avoid.

16. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

GBAtemp Patron
    Canna is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    PROCESSING :glare:

17. GeekOfTheWeek

GeekOfTheWeek Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Has anyone had any further contact from this site? I ordered one off them last Saturday and have heard nothing since. Sent 3 emails so far and no reply :glare:

18. Nial

Nial Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2014
    Not had any contact from anyone of this site ordered a week ago glad in not the only one not going through this (sucks to be us)

They also updated the site recently too

Myshkin likes this.
  19. louij2
    OP

louij2 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2018
    United Kingdom
    My mate thinks it's probably coming from China and they lie about the stock

20. gingertips

gingertips Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    still no update here. So I will be contacting bank tomorrow to get a chargeback issued. Would definitely avoid - they still are showing they have items in stock. Not looking promising.

Have also contacted team xecuter website - theres a contact us link on their website - so that they are aware.

louij2 likes this.