OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
S is not a valid mac address error!

Looks like it should work if I actually entered the Mac address.
U get this error when running modmii skin? Or classic? Or both?

Classic should be working, but skin I have an idea of what to check for now

edit:

So I just tried both classic and skin wizards, entered 4.3, and picked "S" to skip the mac address, and the final downloads and guides all work perfectly for me.

Please report back exact keystrokes I should be entering to try and replicate your steps. I want to fix this for you and for everyone, but I am getting tired of asking for this info again and again and instead having you report on other things only.

edit2: so just to reiterate what it is I'm looking for. Please tell me your exact keystrokes, the settings you are using (default for all?) and where you have ModMii saved to, and if the problem goes away if you run it as administrator, and also how did you install ModMii (did you use the 6.5.1 installer and update? or the 6.6.0 installer which no longer available online, or did you grab the 6.6.x zip and extract manually)?

Last edited by XFlak,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
On another note, I rolled back the ModMii Installer to 6.5.1 because of an issue that was experienced by alexander1970 that I was not able to replicate. He said that if he used the 6.5.1 then updated using ModMii everything works perfect for him.

As it stands, when people use the 6.5.1 installer, ModMii will update itself (and unfortunately pop up a dead changelog URL) and it will update to the latest version... but I'd much prefer to just fix the 6.6.X installer and I was wondering if someone might be able to test it! Here's a link! http://www.mediafire.com/file/9iof9x7vd05z94u/ModMiiInstaller6.6.0-test.exe/file

Now the problem is quite difficult to replicate, @alexander1970 please correct me if I get any of this wrong, but the problem only occurs under rare circumstances, specifically if you use the 6.6.0 installer to install ModMii to your C drive (D drive works) but you install it to a folder other than the default C:\ModMii (which also works).

At this point ModMii will fail to operate normally UNLESS it run as admin, then it works normally (and I'd prefer to keep ModMii running without requiring admin rights if possible). When he runs it NOT as admin the update check fails because ModMii isn't able to write\download files to the directory where it's installed. I tested this exact same thing (on 2 PCs) and it works for me, so we want to know if it's just him or if others are able to replicate his problem. If it's just him, it would be nice to update the installer so ModMii doesn't need to update itself immediately afterwards and instead you just start on the latest version

all this being said, just extracting a zip file works too, lol

edit: nevermind! Got this (mostly) figured out

Last edited by XFlak,

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The first error says:

..\COPY_TO_SD\WAD\cIOS249[57]-d2x-v10-beta52.wad wasn't found...

The file is missing, retrying download.

Re-Downloading 3 of 48: cIOS249[57]-d2x-v10-beta52

And then after the cIOS250 & cIOS251 messages:

This file has failed to download properly multiple times, Skipping download.

and then at the very end:

cIOS249[57]-d2x-v10-beta52.wad: Missing
cIOS250[56]-d2x-v10-beta52.wad: Missing
cIOS251[38]-d2x-v10-beta52.wad: Missing
* 3 of 48 file(s) are Invalid, Missing or were Not Updated properly

Looks like ModMii can't find the required d2x-v10 base.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Is it trying to re-download them from NUS and failing? This is happened before and ultimately the solution was to just keep trying, sometimes Nintendo can be finicky. If u have a temp folder from a previous modmii install you can copy over the old files and it will pick it up that way

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it trying to re-download them from NUS and failing? This is happened before and ultimately the solution was to just keep trying, sometimes Nintendo can be finicky. If u have a temp folder from a previous modmii install you can copy over the old files and it will pick it up that way
ModMii updated itself to 6.6.1 on top an earlier 6.5.1 installation with everything already downloaded in temp. So the temp folder was already there. I've tried it several times but I had always the same error message. Then I uninstalled ModMii and deleted the ModMii folder from my C: root. Downloaded ModMii (english) installer from the https://modmii.github.io/ page and installed it fresh just to become aware of that it is 6.5.1, which updated itself to 6.6.1 again. Trying it out a few times (ModMii and ModMiiSkin separately) gives me still the same error.

Edit: As to be seen, these folders are created in the ModMii folder which later disappear, i just caught them while trying again. There were extracted files from a wad distribution.
Screenshot 2021-03-01 004142.png

Last edited by CaptainHIT,

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Can you snap a screenshot of what modmii looks like when it's trying and failing to download? Or a vid or whatever u can manage

Edit: if u manually go to download page 4 and enter "rec" to select and download these files, does it still fail?

What if u reinstall 6.5.1 and decline the update and try downloading using that does that fail too?

Where do u have modmii saved? C:/MODMII?

Last edited by XFlak,

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you snap a screenshot of what modmii looks like when it's trying and failing to download? Or a vid or whatever u can manage

Edit: if u manually go to download page 4 and enter "rec" to select and download these files, does it still fail?

What if u reinstall 6.5.1 and decline the update and try downloading using that does that fail too?

Where do u have modmii saved? C:/MODMII?
Yes, typing r to repeat the download fails on the same files again.

ModMii is in C:\ModMii as it installs itself there, I generally don't change the installation folders.

Deleted 6.6.1 and reinstalled 6.5.1 again. It works like a charm, there is no problem.

The result of 6.5.1:
ModMii 6.5.1.png

Updated to 6.6.1 again and it's the same problem: Here's a video of 6.6.1.

I don't think it's related to download the IOS from NUS but the d2x-v10 patch.

Also after updating to 6.6.1 from 6.5.1 will automatically open the internet browser with this site telling the website is no longer available.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Yes, typing r to repeat the download fails on the same files again.

ModMii is in C:\ModMii as it installs itself there, I generally don't change the installation folders.

Deleted 6.6.1 and reinstalled 6.5.1 again. It works like a charm, there is no problem.

The result of 6.5.1:
View attachment 249286

Updated to 6.6.1 again and it's the same problem: Here's a video of 6.6.1.

I don't think it's related to download the IOS from NUS but the d2x-v10 patch.

Also after updating to 6.6.1 from 6.5.1 will automatically open the internet browser with this site telling the website is no longer available.
I'm aware about the dead changelog link, I posted about it a couple times earlier today\yesterday. This problem only happens if you are starting on 6.5.1, any future updates will open up to the correct URL (and if it ever changes I can adjust it so this problem won't ever repeat itself). If I am able to build a new 6.6.X installer this won't be an issue for new installations (more info in my post above with red text asking for testers)

So I got 2 things for you to try, first I noticed you had some other language output in ModMii, I was worried this could be a side effect of a change I made in 6.6.0. I switched to unicode to troubleshoot some other relatively rare issue, but I think it introduced this problem for you.

Can you please try this, open up the latest ModMii.bat and ModMiiskin.bat in notepad, and replace this:
Code:
chcp 65001>nul
with this
Code:
chcp 437>nul
Be sure to save!
Please try ONLY this change and let me know if it solves your issue please. If it fixes your issue do not bother trying the next thing...

So if that doesn't fix your issue, can you try editing this in just modmii.bat, change this
Code:
support\TMDedit.exe -b "%basecios%\%code1%%code2new%.tmd" -xml %xml% -group d2x-v%d2x-beta-rev% %tmdversion% -base %basewad:~3,2% %version% -folder "%basecios%" -basefile %basecios%\%code1%%code2%.tmd -outIOS 249
to this:
Code:
support\TMDedit.exe -b "%basecios%\%code1%%code2new%.tmd" -xml %xml% -group d2x-v%d2x-beta-rev% 21010 -base %basewad:~3,2% %version% -folder "%basecios%" -basefile %basecios%\%code1%%code2%.tmd -outIOS 249
save, and try again (note this change will break ModMii's ability to build d2x cIOSs that are not v10)

edit:
if none of the above solves your issue, can u test using 6.5.1 again, but this time before downloading, go to download page 4 and enter "BETA", select v10 beta 52, then try downloading again and see if it is still successful?

thanks for your help troubleshooting!

Last edited by XFlak,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
As far as I can tell, pressing the "S" key and Enter when you want to skip the Mac address in ModWii Skin Wizard somehow leaves that as the Mac address and doesn't give you an error until you start to download things.

Downloading without using the wizard, in classic mode as Administrator at least, does work even when is not a queue.

Could you add a download quee file just for all the updated apps & channels and nothing else? That would be usefull. Otherwise I will just download them manually.

I am unable to continue due to storm, will try again later.

Last edited by raxadian,

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Please help me, help you! :)
U get this error when running modmii skin? Or classic? Or both?

Classic should be working, but skin I have an idea of what to check for now

edit:

So I just tried both classic and skin wizards, entered 4.3, and picked "S" to skip the mac address, and the final downloads and guides all work perfectly for me.

Please report back exact keystrokes I should be entering to try and replicate your steps. I want to fix this for you and for everyone, but I am getting tired of asking for this info again and again and instead having you report on other things only.

edit2: so just to reiterate what it is I'm looking for. Please tell me your exact keystrokes, the settings you are using (default for all?) and where you have ModMii saved to, and if the problem goes away if you run it as administrator, and also how did you install ModMii (did you use the 6.5.1 installer and update? or the 6.6.0 installer which no longer available online, or did you grab the 6.6.x zip and extract manually)?

Reactions: CaptainHIT

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i gotta try updating modmii i had trouble getting sneek working on my wii

Did you scrub the game, update the channels and apps? Also are you using the version of the game that fits your Wii? Like USA for a Wii with Usa firmware and so on?

9 out if 10, scrubbing the game may be annoying but works in any hacked Wii.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@raxadian and @CaptainHIT, when u r able please do reply with answers to my Qs for each of you so we can finish trouble shooting.

@Crazynoob458, I've added more notes to modmii that r displayed after installing neek, make sure u read this over as it may help u get it up and running (e.g. Try manually renaming bootmiineek to bootmii and launch bootmii/neek via the hbc instead of the nswitch or switch2uneek apps/channels).

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi XFlak, I've just did what you told me:
I'm aware about the dead changelog link, I posted about it a couple times earlier today\yesterday. This problem only happens if you are starting on 6.5.1, any future updates will open up to the correct URL (and if it ever changes I can adjust it so this problem won't ever repeat itself). If I am able to build a new 6.6.X installer this won't be an issue for new installations (more info in my post above with red text asking for testers)

So I got 2 things for you to try, first I noticed you had some other language output in ModMii, I was worried this could be a side effect of a change I made in 6.6.0. I switched to unicode to troubleshoot some other relatively rare issue, but I think it introduced this problem for you.

Can you please try this, open up the latest ModMii.bat and ModMiiskin.bat in notepad, and replace this:
Code:
chcp 65001>nul
with this
Code:
chcp 437>nul
Be sure to save!
Please try ONLY this change and let me know if it solves your issue please. If it fixes your issue do not bother trying the next thing...

So if that doesn't fix your issue, can you try editing this in just modmii.bat, change this
Code:
support\TMDedit.exe -b "%basecios%\%code1%%code2new%.tmd" -xml %xml% -group d2x-v%d2x-beta-rev% %tmdversion% -base %basewad:~3,2% %version% -folder "%basecios%" -basefile %basecios%\%code1%%code2%.tmd -outIOS 249
to this:
Code:
support\TMDedit.exe -b "%basecios%\%code1%%code2new%.tmd" -xml %xml% -group d2x-v%d2x-beta-rev% 21010 -base %basewad:~3,2% %version% -folder "%basecios%" -basefile %basecios%\%code1%%code2%.tmd -outIOS 249
save, and try again (note this change will break ModMii's ability to build d2x cIOSs that are not v10)

edit:
if none of the above solves your issue, can u test using 6.5.1 again, but this time before downloading, go to download page 4 and enter "BETA", select v10 beta 52, then try downloading again and see if it is still successful?

thanks for your help troubleshooting!

None of the above fixed the error.

Downloading the beta IOS from page 4 works on both 6.5.1 and 6.6.1. Though it downloaded the files to a d2x-beta folder in the Support folder, ModMii 6.6.1 still shows the very same error. :(

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@CaptainHIT, when you restore the default d2x cIOS in 6.6.1, can you confirm that the "Support\d2x-beta" folder gets deleted?

Then open modmii.bat in notepad, and search for this line:
Code:

Then replace it with these 4 lines and save
Code:
pause
support\TMDedit.exe -b "cIOS249[57]-d2x-v10-beta52\00000001000000f9.tmd" -xml Support\d2xModules\ciosmaps.xml -group d2x-v10-beta52 21010 -base 57 5918 -folder "cIOS249[57]-d2x-v10-beta52" -basefile cIOS249[57]-d2x-v10-beta52\0000000100000039.tmd -outIOS 249
echo support\TMDedit.exe -b "%basecios%\%code1%%code2new%.tmd" -xml %xml% -group d2x-v%d2x-beta-rev% 21010 -base %basewad:~3,2% %version% -folder "%basecios%" -basefile %basecios%\%code1%%code2%.tmd -outIOS 249
pause

then try downloading cIOS249[57]-d2x-v10-beta52 (default version, not the "beta" version) - note that the changes above will break building other d2x cIOSs

then when you reach the 2nd pause, copy and paste the output here for me to see please, this is what mine looks like (only 1 pause in my pic, but you get the idea)

Untitled.png

you'll notice mine says operation completed successfully, but yours says an unknown error occurred with error details in turkish saying "boş yol adı geçerli değil" (or in english; empty path name is not valid)

edit: also let me know if your error turned to English when you changed "chcp 65001>nul" to "chcp 437>nul", thanks!

edit2: if this still fails, when ModMii is paused, please confirm all these files exist:
  • support\TMDedit.exe
  • Support\d2xModules\ciosmaps.xml
  • cIOS249[57]-d2x-v10-beta52\0000000100000039.tmd (should exist when you hit the first pause, but if operation is successful it should disappear when you hit the second pause)
  • cIOS249[57]-d2x-v10-beta52\00000001000000f9.tmd (should exist when you hit the 2nd pause if operation is completed successfully)

Last edited by XFlak,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-