Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
Redmanning12 said:
burritoboy9984 said:
Try creating a save file, then go into the game and delete the custom stages. Then go back to the wii menu, start it again and it should work.

-Erik
are you saying delete ssbb data then do it?

No, delete the custom stages...

-Erik
ok so you are meaning to make a custon stage then delete it?? well i did that and it still doesnt do anything
I believe everything in my SD card is normal just the "43mod" thing

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davo57 said:
davo57 said:
Firstly thanks for your efforts to create an Easy guide to achieve a successful Softmod for the Wii!! Also to all concerned that offer time and patience to Help people solve their issues!!
But, unfortunately I have screwed up trying to Upgrade a previously Softmodded SM4.1E to 4.2E!!!! I was using the up42e.zip and extracted files to 2Gb Sandisk SD Card, I didn't reinstall the Homebrew Channel as I was already on v1.0.8. I also had Wad Manager v1.42 installed as a Channel. I Ran Multi-Mod Manager from the Homebrew Channel. I installed IOS70-64-v6687.wad and System Menu-NUS-v482.wad.

Now this is where I made my first mistake I didn't install the extra 28 wad file in the Other Folder!!!!!
frown.gif
I checked to see if it was showing that it was now running SM4.2E, which it was but obviously minus the 28 wads. Thinking that it was Updated I moved on to the 4.2 Modding Guide, but when it came to installing the 4.2 version of the Bannerbomb it wouldn't load from the SD card, it just wanted to work as if to save game saves. I uninstalled the old Homebrew channel thinking that may be why the newer version wouldn't install, but no go same problem! I realized eventually that I hadn't installed the 28 wads previously so as I still had the Wad Manager Channel still installed I went back and reinstalled the Update IOS70-64-v6687.wad and System Menu-NUS-v482.wad and each 28.wad files from the Folder individually. Unfortunately I still can't install the Bannerbomb (I've tried all versions for 4.2) or get the Homebrew Channel to install. I have also uninstalled the wad channel as well thinking that may have been preventing it to install as well!!!!

I know I have committed the ultimate sin, but PLEASE can someone try and help me out!!!!!!!
bow.gif

TIA, Dave.

Hi everyone, are there any homebrew or exploits that may be able to help me out here!!!!!

Bannerbomb is an exploit used to launch an application (in this case the hackmii installer). It isn't a program you install... Just follow the guide
smile.gif

-Erik

Redmanning12 said:
QUOTE(burritoboy9984 @ Sep 18 2010, 08:41 PM)
How big is your sd card?

-Erik
2GB

P.s. i have done this before for 4.2 but someone downloaded 4.3 to my wii and now i am here again

Just keep messing around with it... You can try deleting the game save entirely, load game, create save, delete levels, return to main menu, choose stage builder, and it should launch...

-Erik

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a virgin Wii that is 4.3U and followed the guide using ssbb and everything installed with out a problem. When I went to install usb loader Gx forwarder channel it would install gave me -2011 error then I tried install cioscorp V3.6 and got an error. Can you tell how to install these 2.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cioscorp is old, try darkcorp... What wad manager are you trying to install the channel with? You can try another, you can also try and load IOS236 before installing it...

-Erik

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
darkcorp is the same thing as cioscorp, just their newer updated version for system menus >4.0...

-Erik

I will give it a try, what do you think about that usb loader gx forwarder? Should I try a different wadmanager? I see other videos with the loader working but they don't say how they did it.

Whoisyerdaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,i had followed a guide before which utilized the korean IOSes to hack 4.3 virgin wii.I have the original lego indiana jones adventures game,and as I readed on some other thread that nintendo has changed the ingredients of the 4.3 update and this new update is known by the community as 4.3v2.

SO my question is can we use this guide to virgin 4.3 wii and still outsmart the 4.3v2 update that has recently been added to the nintendo database?

The former guide in question utilized the korean IOSes which were overrun by the 4.3v2 update so I can not use that former guide anymore...

I hope I could get through.Thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yes, the new guide still works... but it seems like it is using IOS236 Installer v3 instead of v4 which has since been released. Both v3 and v4 have issues if you don't have internet access on the Wii. Offline users can address this problem by waiting in the HBC for at least 30 seconds prior to launching the app.

Whoisyerdaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
yes, the new guide still works... but it seems like it is using IOS236 Installer v3 instead of v4 which has since been released. Both v3 and v4 have issues if you don't have internet access on the Wii. Offline users can address this problem by waiting in the HBC for at least 30 seconds prior to launching the app.
Then I am just going to grab this guide with v3 as i dont know much about v4 and I am not feeling myself educated enough to change it to v4(so as you say they both have issues its not needed to change the files
smile.gif

So a new question arises,does it have latency issues with HBC while you are following the softmod guide or AFTER the guide.
as I wont be using the HBC that frequently it will not be much of a problem for me,does the usbloadergx and wiiflow channels work flawless or do they make you wait for 30 seconds too?

And are there any other flaws other than HBC 30 seconds wait time?

Thanks

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
That 30 second wait only affects apps using the HBC "no_ios_reload" function (u will find those words in its meta.xml if its being used) and does not have a working wifi connection. This HBC issue should not affect any of your other apps as most do not use no_ios_reload (yet).

the main difference between v3 and v4 is that v4 doesn't make u wait at the disclaimer, this allows u to finish using the app quicker and reduce your chances of experiencing an error. So if u have troubles with v3, u can always use v4 and continue using the same instructions provided in this guide.

I suspect u won't have any major problems
biggrin.gif

PS. it's taking all my energy not to ask u to use this guides legal alternative, ModMii!

Whoisyerdaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
That 30 second wait only affects apps using the HBC "no_ios_reload" function (u will find those words in its meta.xml if its being used) and does not have a working wifi connection. This HBC issue should not affect any of your other apps as most do not use no_ios_reload (yet).

the main difference between v3 and v4 is that v4 doesn't make u wait at the disclaimer, this allows u to finish using the app quicker and reduce your chances of experiencing an error. So if u have troubles with v3, u can always use v4 and continue using the same instructions provided in this guide.

I suspect u won't have any major problems
biggrin.gif

PS. it's taking all my energy not to ask u to use this guides legal alternative, ModMii!
Yes I can just replace it with v4 I saw it now in the apps folder as IOS236,I will change it tomorrow before I start and apply the steps in the guide.

and besides
by "reduce your chances of experiencing an error." what do you exactly mean,it can make me forever or it may not even load at all when it is making me wait?
PS.
I would like to use Modmii too,but I have already followed a similar guide to this one and i dont want to get confused in the process now that I have read this guide twice but you can be sure there is too much stuff I need in the ModMii(I have checked it out 10 mins ago)and I will be surely using ModMii after the softmod aperations are done...

Thanks again for shining light upon me
smile.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if u get an error using IOS236 Installer, u will just have to restart and try again, there is no risk to your console even if it fails in the middle of an installation (as IOS236 is not used by any normal Wii functions). And if u experience an error, it will likely take the form of a stack dump (random jibberish on screen) or just a screen freeze. Just do a hard reset and try again.

The ModMii Wizard's guides and this guide have a lot of similarities (xzxero and I get ideas from each other all the time
biggrin.gif
), I'm sure u wouldn't get confused if u decide to use ModMii instead... but u may as well use this guide since u started with it already and u probably already shadily downloaded the files u need for it anyways.

Whoisyerdaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
if u get an error using IOS236 Installer, u will just have to restart and try again, there is no risk to your console even if it fails in the middle of an installation (as IOS236 is not used by any normal Wii functions). And if u experience an error, it will likely take the form of a stack dump (random jibberish on screen) or just a screen freeze. Just do a hard reset and try again.

The ModMii Wizard's guides and this guide have a lot of similarities (xzxero and I get ideas from each other all the time
biggrin.gif
), I'm sure u wouldn't get confused if u decide to use ModMii instead... but u may as well use this guide since u started with it already and u probably already shadily downloaded the files u need for it anyways.
yeah mate I shadily downloaded the files needed
yaywii.gif

I have another wii that needs updgrading from 3.4 to 4.2 and i will use ModMii for that one.Thanks for everything

will report back
thanks

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yess you can, modifying the wii does not affect wiiconnect24 or the shopping channel.

well if you research it kind of eliminates the need for a shopping channel at all.
biggrin.gif

Whoisyerdaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
yess you can, modifying the wii does not affect wiiconnect24 or the shopping channel.

well if you research it kind of eliminates the need for a shopping channel at all.
biggrin.gif
well said
biggrin.gif

There is no need for shopping channel when you have softmod installed
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1