Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

Fire69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Received a Wii today to softmod it. Before they brought it, they updated it!!! D'oh, it's at 4.3 now...
angry.gif

Probably not a chance the guide will work now, right?
unsure.gif

Plastron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fire69 said:
Received a Wii today to softmod it. Before they brought it, they updated it!!! D'oh, it's at 4.3 now...
angry.gif

unsure.gif

From front page 4.3 ...... 4th item i guess means you can not install anything
* Deletes the Homebrew Channel and DVDX, title IDs HAXX, DVDX, JODI, DISC, and DISK.
* Now uses IOS80.
* IOS254 stubbed BootMii is deleted.
* Fixed Bannerbomb less stupidly this time.
* Added IOS58.
* HackMii Installer Userland+Syscall IOS exploit removed
* NANDFS privilege escalation fixed
* ES_AddTitleFinish now checks the signature(Trucha Bug Restorer and similar won't work anymore)

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plastron said:
Fire69 said:
angry.gif

unsure.gif

* Deletes the Homebrew Channel and DVDX, title IDs HAXX, DVDX, JODI, DISC, and DISK.
* Now uses IOS80.
* Fixed Bann IOS254 stubbed BootMii is deletederbomb less stupidly this time.
* Added IOS58.
* ES_AddTitleFinish now checks the signature(Trucha Bug Restorer and similar won't work anymore)

Not true, smash brothers exploit still works...

-Erik

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
burritoboy9984 said:
Plastron said:
Fire69 said:
angry.gif

unsure.gif

* Now uses IOS80.
* Fixed Bann IOS254 stubbed BootMii is deletederbomb less stupidly this time.
* Added IOS58.

Not true, smash brothers exploit still works...

-Erik

Everyone has to wait till the apps are updated to work for 4.3.

QUOTE(Rankio @ Jun 22 2010, 11:56 AM)
I have a 4.2U Wii and when I place the update.zip contents onto an SD card and try to load I just get a question mark. I tried downloading bannerbomb from http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php and it would ask me if I wanted to load the file but it would freeze when I did.

Any ideas or suggestions?

There are different versions. http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/aads/

a112

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello ,
After i follow whole guide , i want to install DARKCORP.
But in the installer i should choice install using cios 249 or cios 222 ?
Sorry for my bad English

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a112 said:
Hello ,
Sorry for my bad English

Try cIOS249 first. IF that doesnt work then try 222.

neonfire999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, so I was following this tutorial here because I have system menu 4.1U and I got to step 7 and then it said something about an http error while it was downloading the IOS or something. I'm not completely sure on the details.
Anyway, so I figured I'd just start over from the beginning so I deleted the Homebrew channel. Then I started again and when I booted the installer from the SD, it came up with the diagnostics to see if everything could be installed.
At this part it said that the Homebrew channel and DVDx could be installed but BootMii could not because of an error which said "boot2 could not be assembled (-1040000004)".
So I went on, figuring it was because it was already installed because it was installed on boot2 (and it had said this before, after I installed it), and installed the Homebrew channel again. This time i only got to step 6 and it failed with an error.
So then I thought I should start with a clean slate and uninstall everything I had put on. So I uninstalled the Homebrew channel again and then formatted my SD card thinking that that might fix the "boot2 could not be assembled (-1040000004)" problem.
So I unzipped the files again onto my SD card and then booted into the installer again and the same error came up with BootMii ("boot2 could not be assembled (-1040000004)". I then went into the installer and installed the Homebrew channel. Then when I went into the BootMii install thing and all it said was "Prepare SD card" and "Exit" and no option to re-install it or anything. I tried the "Prepare SD card" option and that didn't do anything to help or hinder me.
I figure now, the better tutorial would have probably been this one because it was a sticky, but I've already started the other one and am kind of stuck.
If anyone could help me find out what's wrong so I could start fresh and do this tutorial, that would be awesome. Thanks.

S3xii Lexii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to interrupt on your guyzez questionz
wub.gif

I just had a quick question myself. I was wondering if anyone knew of another way to put games on an external instead of formatting it to wbfs and still have it recognized in Usb Loader GX?

I saw somewhere that someone was able to somehow keep ntfs (I think ^^) and still have games in another folder called wbfs or something like that and still have it work with usb loader gx.

Sorry if it sounds a lil weird, I am just trying to prevent loss of data since last time i acidentally formatted the wrong drive
ohnoes.png

Thanks guys

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nitrodude150 said:
Hey, I used this method today, and I'm using Wiiflow to load my games off a big-o-harddrive, I was wondering, Can I leave the default for "002 fix" set at "ON" for all games? Or do I have to manually select which games use it?

THANKS!!
yaywii.gif
All games.

nitrodude150

Trophies
Website
nitrodude150.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
nitrodude150 said:
Hey, I used this method today, and I'm using Wiiflow to load my games off a big-o-harddrive, I was wondering, Can I leave the default for "002 fix" set at "ON" for all games? Or do I have to manually select which games use it?

THANKS!!
yaywii.gif
All games.
Cool! Thanks!!

xdsmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rankio said:
I have a 4.2U Wii and when I place the update.zip contents onto an SD card and try to load I just get a question mark. I tried downloading bannerbomb from http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php and it would ask me if I wanted to load the file but it would freeze when I did.

Any ideas or suggestions?

same happened to me with one of the wiis i moddded. updated manually to 4.2, then once i did trucha bug to patch 36, homebrew channel flipped upside down. this happened once before, and all i had to do was reinstall homebrew channel to fix the upside down issue. worked on one wii, but on the other gave me same issue with the question mark. i tried restoring through bootmi and remodding, but it didn't work, and i tried both versions of bannerbomb.

Any idea what i can do to fix the questionmark deal so i can install homebrew channel ?? anyone?? thanks.

a112

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
a112 said:
Hello ,
Sorry for my bad English

Try cIOS249 first. IF that doesnt work then try 222.
Thanks , cIOS249 worked.

Hoody123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a modded 4.0E wii but I want to get up to date with all the new hacks, should I just follow this guide from the start and basically rehack my wii??

Hoody123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After I updated to 4.2 and tried reinstalling homebrew etc it crashes when I click SD tab on data management -> channels

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played