• Total voters

Kamina7000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
tj_cool said:
So ok, if I'm getting this correctly, you run the newest hackmii installer (1.0.6, be sure its that one) and want to install BootMii. IOS or Boot2 version?
I go onto the SD card and it auto runs 'homebrew channel installer version 1.0.1' have I got the wrong file?

SallyC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
SallyC said:
Hi,

I would be really grateful for some help, I am about to follow the 'completesoftmod guide' but I just want to check something first. My wii has already been soft moded sometime ago, I am following the guide to update. Do I need to run the trucha bug restorer, selecting IOS36 w/fake sign even though I already have IOS249 sig hash checked?
I don't want to cause myself any confusion in the future! Please just let me know what is best.

Thanks
You want to just update the Wii?

In that case, I'd use the NUSD auto downloader: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207126
Just choose the version you want to update to and let it download
Say no to "Download Stubs" if it asks.

After you downloaded all files for the update, you can install them all one by one (or use a wad batch installer).
If you want to keep the trucha in IOS36, remove/skip the new IOS36 you downloaded with the NUS auto downloader
wink.gif

Sorry, I have not been very clear, I need to update most of my soft mod (need to add bootmii, new cios and update to 4.2 for game compatibility) I have been told the easiest way would be to follow the guide. If I do it this way what should I do about the IOS249/IOS36 issue?

Also if I update to waninkoko's cios rev 17, will I be able to play New super Mario? (I have read there may be issues)

Thanks for your help

Kamina7000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
xflak40 said:
yeah, download the most recent version from here

how did u get that file anyways? i know that's not included with this guide.... r u mixing and matching guides? or did u forget to start with a fresh/clean sd card when u started following this guide?
yeah i used the same one -_- using a clean one now,gonna download the file in that link and try again!....
and I seem to be back on track with following the guide thanks alot man, and ill try not to bug you again!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SallyC said:
Sorry, I have not been very clear, I need to update most of my soft mod (need to add bootmii, new cios and update to 4.2 for game compatibility) I have been told the easiest way would be to follow the guide. If I do it this way what should I do about the IOS249/IOS36 issue?

Also if I update to waninkoko's cios rev 17, will I be able to play New super Mario? (I have read there may be issues)

Thanks for your help
Ah
Its not really hard to update a softmod
Just run the hackmii installer to get the newest BootMii
run the cIOS installer to get the newest cIOS

and possibly other things you want to update can be updated by running an installer or just replacing the boot.dol
smile.gif

QUOTE(Kamina7000 @ Feb 17 2010, 08:18 PM) yeah i used the same one -_- using a clean one now,gonna download the file in that link and try again!....
and I seem to be back on track with following the guide thanks alot man, and ill try not to bug you again!
We're here to be bugged
wink.gif

Kamina7000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OK everything has gone pretty smoothly,im now downloading neogamma, one thing though, my homebrew channel seems to go upside down when i go to it O.O is that normal?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Kamina7000 said:
OK everything has gone pretty smoothly,im now downloading neogamma, one thing though, my homebrew channel seems to go upside down when i go to it O.O is that normal?
Try re-installing the HBC (with the hackmii installer)

Kamina7000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
tj_cool said:
Kamina7000 said:
Try re-installing the HBC (with the hackmii installer)

That sorted it out thanks
smile.gif
just burning my first back up,gonna try use neogamma,also ive got a official copy of tatsunoku vs capcom and the wii keeps asking me to update before i can play it, what should i do?

SallyC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
SallyC said:

Thanks for your help
Ah
Its not really hard to update a softmod
Just run the hackmii installer to get the newest BootMii
run the cIOS installer to get the newest cIOS

and possibly other things you want to update can be updated by running an installer or just replacing the boot.dol
smile.gif

QUOTE(Kamina7000 @ Feb 17 2010, 08:18 PM) yeah i used the same one -_- using a clean one now,gonna download the file in that link and try again!....
We're here to be bugged
wink.gif

Thanks for your help,

I have just taken a look at the NUS Auto downloader, it looks fairly straight forward, the only thing I am concerned about is how I make sure the IOS60 is put on before the rest of the WADs also does it hurt to have both IOS249 & IOS36 trucha patched and does it matter which one I select when installing.

Sorry about all the questions, I am quite new to this and I am a little more concerned as I can only back up as a boot1 IOS.

Thanks again

dgforce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well i followed the Update 4.2 section on my friend's Wii. System Menu already shows up as 4.2U

Extracted the modify into the SD card but when im going to use the bannerbomb i get a system freeze, does anyone else got the same error? Should I just replace the boot file for a fresh new bannerbomb?

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
dgforce said:
Well i followed the Update 4.2 section on my friend's Wii. System Menu already shows up as 4.2U

Extracted the modify into the SD card but when im going to use the bannerbomb i get a system freeze, does anyone else got the same error? Should I just replace the boot file for a fresh new bannerbomb?

Are you using the SD Card icon on the system menu, rather than going into settings/data mgmt/channels?

smiffy2112

Trophies
XP
Country
hi ive been following the guides on how to change the system menu i have a jap wii chipped with the d2c pro chip in it i took the lid off wii and checked to see wot was in it..lol now the thing is im on 4.2j and each time i use trucha bug restorer to help coz i was getting the 1017 error when after following the instructions to downgrade to ios15 i get error saying "could not open file:sd:/ios15-64-v266.wad and the same for the out wad and says error reading ios into memoery down grade failed if any one can help me .....

dgforce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ToneEQ said:
dgforce said:

Are you using the SD Card icon on the system menu, rather than going into settings/data mgmt/channels?
Settings>data>channels

System freeze. Is it normal?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason to install the IOS70-64-v6687 and System Menu wad before the other 22?
Can't you just install them all at the same time with the multi-wad installer?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
Is there a reason to install the IOS70-64-v6687 and System Menu wad before the other 22?
Can't you just install them all at the same time with the multi-wad installer?

When you install a system menu wad you need the corresponding iso that it uses in this case ios70.
If you only installed the system menu wad and not the ios70 you would end up with a brick.

You could install them all at once i suppose but theres always a risk of it bricking.

Just play it safe and install ios70 then system menu wad then use multi wad to install the other 22.

It makes no sense to risk a possible brick because you didn't want to install two wad files individually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT