Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

crossingman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Can anyone tell me what ios70 is for and what I have to do to restore the stub ios's (except 202 222 223 249 and 250) because thier causing some of my discs to ask me to update

desideratus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
xzxero said:
desideratus said:
modify.zip seems to be down...
no it doesn't?

OK, I'll try again... got the message the requested file is not available.

Thx for your work! Best Tut for WiiModding
smile.gif

Desideratus

P.S. Yes file is working again...

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
Are you going to update the guide/pack with Hermes v5?
yes as soon as support is built for most loaders.

also, i have to see what IOS are best set into what slot [202, 222, 223, 224]

daflip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
followed this guide, while back when it was trucha bug days,,, when it does not use DOP MOD yet...

anyway... one of the wii i soft-modded, *my friend told me that, USB loader GX has been getting CODE DUMPS...

i tried to uninstall/install usb loader gb.. the black screen with code dump still persist?.
so everytime i run USB LOADER i get Code dumps?
should i just re install everything....... re soft modded it?
how would i do that?
or what do you think?
i dont know what to do from here.....

pls help.. thanks

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a ERROR RET 1035 when i try installing ios70-64 that comes with the modify package inside the WAD folder -_-

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yeah and is the ios70-64 wad the same as the last version of this modify guide? because I installed it last time so do I need to now? im reinstalling the ios and deleting the ones I don't need again BECAUSE I was messing around in my wii settings and somehow updated my wii while testing the internet connection.

As soon as that happened i couldnt launch neogamma r8, wad manager, and well pretty much all homebrew apps
i COULD access the homebrew channel but the apps just stayed on a black screen

Last edited by KingMuk,

sKeEt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just restored my nand backup and have to follow the modify guide but it has been updated and there's no download for the files. Where do I get them from?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sKeEt said:
I just restored my nand backup and have to follow the modify guide but it has been updated and there's no download for the files. Where do I get them from?
If you read the guide carefully it tells you to email an address and you get a reply with the location of the files

when your done modding you're wii and everything works how you like it, make another nand backup so you can revert back if anything else goes wrong and you won't have to re-hack you're wii every time you restore you're nand backup

Chebico

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi ive just did this guide today and when i got to the install WADs with WAD Manager only 3 of them would install.. the others gave me the "ret -####" errors.

Can someone give me a hand please?..

EDIT: Never mind i used a diff version of WAD Manager and they went onn fine!.. Just tested USB Loader and its all go!

So if anyone had problems install the IOS's try a diff WAD Manager!

Thanks

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
crossingman said:
Can anyone tell me what ios70 is for and what I have to do to restore the stub ios's (except 202 222 223 249 and 250) because thier causing some of my discs to ask me to update

ios70 is used by the 4.2 system menu if you delete ios70 you will end up with a brick.

To get around the discs asking for an update install priiloader or startpatch and use the hacks to disable disc updates and disable online updates.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
daflip said:
followed this guide, while back when it was trucha bug days,,, when it does not use DOP MOD yet...

anyway... one of the wii i soft-modded, *my friend told me that, USB loader GX has been getting CODE DUMPS...

i tried to uninstall/install usb loader gb.. the black screen with code dump still persist?.
so everytime i run USB LOADER i get Code dumps?
should i just re install everything....... re soft modded it?
how would i do that?
or what do you think?
i dont know what to do from here.....

pls help.. thanks

Could be a bad version of usb loader gx try updating the dol file and see if you still get code dumps.
You can get the latest one from the google page HERE

You might want to check out the usb loader gx thread in the backup loaders forum to see what the latest stable version is.

sKeEt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PAL games aren't working. I've tried loading with neogamma r7, r8, with many different possible setting, I tried Softchip but they just won't play. Either it won't load or will freeze at random points

sKeEt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes I have done everything that one needs to do to get this working but it never works. With startpatch I patched with ios249 and enable region free hack but my PAL games never show up on disc channel.

I installed cioscorps but still PAL games do not load or freeze after a few minutes. I've tried loading with softchip and the neogammas but still get the same result.

I've remove ios249 and installed it again or v14, or v15, or v17. nothing works.

All these things I've tried I've done after following this guide which still didn't load PAL games.

Every time I ask about it people tell me the same things that worked for them but apparently not for me. They say install cioscorps. I did, still doesn't work. They say use softchip. I did, still doesn't work. They say install a new ios249. I did, still doesn't work.

I've been working on this for the past 3 hours trying different things. Actually I have been working on this for the past 5 days with no success and I'm getting tired. I'm better off finding ntsc version of the games instead

Rise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I`m getting ret = -2011 error aswell.

Installing wad, please wait...
>>Installing title... ERROR! (ret = -2011)

This is while installing the IOS70-64-v6687[tb+es_div+nand].wad

Anyone know how to get around it ?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@sKeEt

New ios249 will only make them work through neogamma the only thing I can think of is that startpatch hasn't applied the region free hacks properly

Ntsc games work on one of my wii's I have cioscorp3.6 and priiloader.3b installed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte